1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Element Case Phone Cases

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by ArnieJB, Feb 20, 2014.

1. ArnieJB

ArnieJB EDC Junkie!!!

Does anyone currently use or have used any of the phone cases by Element Case? I am considering one for my 5s (specifically the Solace) and am looking for user feedback.

2. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I had one and sent it back,just not worth the money to me.

3. cowsmilk

cowsmilk EDC Junkie!!!!!

I used to have their Vapor case when I had an iPhone 4. It was a really nice case, that I ended up not using because of it interfering with the antenae on the phone. It was well built, though. If the interference problem is fixed, then I would say go for it.

SAKplumber likes this.
  4. cowsmilk

cowsmilk EDC Junkie!!!!!

I would agree that they are more costly than most other cases. It really is functional art for your phone.

5. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

What bugged me the most I think was just how much of the phone was uncovered/unprotected with the Element on there?
    I also was astonished at the sloppy fit and finish on mine and tried 2 different times to get a better one and finally decided it would be a great case for $50.00 but not so great for twice or more of that!

So back it went.

6. cowsmilk

cowsmilk EDC Junkie!!!!!

I didn't have any fit issues with mine, but had the same thoughts about protection. My HTC One has a defender Otterbox case on it. I am so glad it does because It has saved me from having to replace my phone about three times already from drops. I don't know if I would trust this case as much, of course I will never know because they don't make a case for my phone.:)

7. ArnieJB

ArnieJB EDC Junkie!!!

The one I'm looking at (Solace) is one of the less expensive ones ($80). It is not just a bumper case, but is polycarbonate around back and sides with aluminum on the top and bottom so it does not interfere with the antenna. It has gotten some favorable reviews so I might take the chance.

8. trojansteel

trojansteel Loaded Pockets

I have the solace (black and satin), been using it since last october, and it is the :censored:. Pull the trigger on it. Fit and Finish on mine is perfect.

ONE minor problem/issue.... some non-apple chargers WILL NOT FIT... this is because non-apple charges tend have fatter plastic around the plug and the solace has aluminum on the bottom that narrows the portal. It also requires (and comes with) a special little screw driver to install/remove the case (it has a keychain loop). So... if you're out of battery, have an non-apple plug, but no screw driver, then you're SOL.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ArnieJB, SAKplumber and cowsmilk like this.
  9. gatorjake

gatorjake Loaded Pockets

I have the sector 5 case since it first came out. Awesome case/bumper. A bit expensive. Especially since I no longer use it. It's sitting in a drawer somewhere. I prefer the natural aesthetics of the naked iphone.

I bought my wife the limited edition Tiffany blue iphone 4 case and she absolutely loves it. Drops it all the time and it has held up really well for the last year or more. The powdercoating on it is terrific hardly showing any wear. And protects the phone. Has a lip on front edge and back so phone can lay flat without touching table. Same with the sector 5. Very nice and unique cases that you don't see everyday. If you don't mind paying a premium to have a case that stands out from all the others I'm sure you won't be disappointed. I'm not. Even though I no longer use mine for the iPhone 5. Guess I should sell I to an auction site. Good luck.

10. Buran

Buran Loaded Pockets

I'm eyeing their MOLLE "case", since it's designed to hold the phone even if the phone is in another case. I'm thinking about attaching it to one of the straps of my Rush 12, or to the side.

11. rhosey

rhosey Loaded Pockets

I have had several Element Cases, with my most recent one being the black Solace, exactly like the one trojansteel posted. After having it about 5 months, the plastic cracked near the screw hole in the top that holds the metal on. Being an $80 phone case, I expected (like Lifeproof) that they would send me an advanced replacement so that I could maintain some level of protection on my phone. Ordering cases for friends/co-workers, I've bought about 6 or 7 cases from them in the past few years - always directly from their website. In short, no dice... Be warned that they will NOT send you an advanced replacement. To me, this is totally unexpected & unacceptable. They make decent stuff, but their customer service is horribly lacking for a "premium" company.

This experience has caused me to swear off Element Case, and I'll never buy anything from them ever again. The inferior customer service detracts from what once was one of the best cases around.

12. HimalayanHitman
    • In Omnia Paratus

HimalayanHitman Loaded Pockets

A friend had one that I got to see and I did not like it, I wanted one after seeing Adam Savage EDC but the lack of a lip to protect the screen deterred me a bit, they look nice I currently use an Oakley case.

If you are looking for a nice (expensive) case the Titanium Kara's Kustoms case is a favorite of mine however it is not so protective.

13. Stonerman33
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stonerman33 Loaded Pockets

I have the aluminum KK alloy 5 case on my 5s. It might not survive a drop onto the concrete, but I tend to baby my gadgets so it's more about the style and scratch protection on the front and rear for me.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

14. Cody_2ZZ

Cody_2ZZ Loaded Pockets

I purchased a "factory second" from Element. It was a one that was structurally perfect, but the logo wasn't perfect. I paid around $30 for it, and it last a while. After about 6 months, the aluminum split where the two pieces were held together by two allen screws. I may have over-tightened the screws, but it seems ridiculous that aluminum would fail like that. Needless to say, I will not be purchasing another Element case, for retail price or otherwise. I moved on to a Magpul case for my iPhone 4 and couldn't be happier.

15. bub

bub Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Hi I have the black ops on the 5s and sector 5 on the iphone 5.

Both cases are fantastic but are form over function as in function been protection for the phone. These cases are not for protection but to make your phone look very different from standard. The fit and finish are amazing. The black ops came in at £250 including import tax so I treat the case / phone with a lot of care.

I would cry if I dropped the case / phone lol

16. edjo69

edjo69 EDC Junkie

Every time I have had a phone failure its has been from a cracked screen. Because of this I only use Otterbox Defenders now. To me a phone case without decent screen protection is a waste of money. JMHO

17. bub

bub Loaded Pockets

For the iphone 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S and 5 before the sector 5 came out I always had otterbox or defender cases. I even still make the wife use a otterbox on the 4s. As these phones are so expensive but these cases are the height of machining. Most people think I am mad for spending that much on a case lol. They would think I was even madder if I told them how people will spend over 1000 pounds on a hand made one off Ti torch that just sits on a shelf like on the candle power forum.