1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Edward 'EDC' Hands....

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by ManVsLawn, Apr 16, 2014.

1. ManVsLawn

ManVsLawn EDC Junkie!!!!!

If you could change one of your digits (fingers) into a simple, single EDC tool, what would you change it into?

Totally for fun.

But, lets be fair - Only one finger can be changed, and your tool can't be a Leatherman ST 300, or a impact drill.... A tool is a simple pry bar, a fixed blade knife, a folding knife (serrations and saws allowed), etc. SAKs, I'm sorry, are more of a multi-tool than a single tool. Tweezers are a simple tool. A "pokey"/marlin spike is a simple tool. If you chose scissors/pliers, it'd be assumed the whole simple tool would work by itself, as a folding knife would flip out, all on command 'n' such, Wolverine-style.

To clarify, a pair of scissors is a single tool, a flashlight is a single tool, a blade is a single tool... that kinda deal. I guess we'll be all futuristic about this all so I don't know if you'd change the batteries or if the flashlight would run off of your own body... But that's up for discussion, as well.

I'll start things off. Explain why you'd pick the finger you'd pick, why you'd pick the tool you'd pick, etc.

If it was the year 2139, and I could change one of my digits into an EDC tool, I would change my right pinky finger into a solid pair of pliers. It'd be that finger because it has been broken/damaged since youth and just kinda sits off kilter, and used barely. I would be half 1/4 of Futurama's Bender.

It'd be nice to have a working pair of grippers. One that could grab harder, separate than my hand(s), as well as hot/metal surfaces with ease. I don't want a full or large set of pliers, maybe something multitool sized, like those on a mid to large leatherman.

You have to remember, this item is attached to you, so it may be unwise to get an axe or something of that nature. 8)

See the game? I thought it may be fun. Who knows, maybe we'll find a good back alley plastic surgeon to install some pry bars on our hands! Ha. Have at it!

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  2. WruceBillis

WruceBillis Loaded Pockets

GUN FINGER.

FL Woods Bum likes this.
  3. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

Sounds like fun, but I can't think of anything. I guess I like my fingers too much. :)

4. Tipper_Tom

Tipper_Tom Loaded Pockets

Can I mod my left ear instead?

Just the top of it as a flashlight.

Dude seriously what did you drink to come up with this. Hilarious thread, love it.

Bad planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Riding the night horse since 2002

She's not leaking oil, she's sweating power.

5. MedusaOblongata

MedusaOblongata Loaded Pockets

ManVsLawn likes this.
  6. ManVsLawn

ManVsLawn EDC Junkie!!!!!

I don't drink. 8) I just thought it'd be fun

Maybe the idea came from a game I used to play (old Sega) that you'd 'mod' your character with better items, finding futuristic doctors after collecting credits and changing your 'hardware', like fighting talons or access keys on your hands, or the ability to link to computer interfaces and hack them.. I forgot the name of it but it was a sick game (in my youth).

7. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

Yeah, but papercuts would be a whole new and different kind of pain then. :eek:

ATB,
    Sam

8. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

+1 on the Gun Finger. I would select my right "pointer" finger because, well, it points! ;)