1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Educate me on automatics?

Discussion in 'Watches' started by Minibear453, Jan 14, 2013.

1. bennyG19

bennyG19 Loaded Pockets

What's the model #?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

2. Ric

Ric Loaded Pockets

This has been a helpful thread to me. Thank you guys. I'll have a Seiko soon:)

3. Chubb

Chubb Loaded Pockets

SNK809 Seiko 5

4. Merrib64

Merrib64 Loaded Pockets

An automatic watch just does not fit my style, I would much rather have a battery watch. I have had several automatics that I disliked so
    much that I gave them away. I'll stick with my Chase Durer's and Citizen's watches.

5. Minibear453
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Minibear453 Loaded Pockets

Currently in love with my auto. It's at just a bit over -4 seconds a day, maybe -4.5? A lot better than what was expecting, that's for sure. And I love the fact that it'd die if I didn't wear it, it just helps me feel more integrated with my watch. I usually get pretty attached to my EDC items, especially the knives, but never really connected with a watch.

One question, would it be possible to replace the hands with tritium? I'm pretty sure it's possible, but I can't find anyone who can do it. Hopefully a reputable site for not too much.

6. amacman
    • In Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

Tritium is almost impossible, but there are several people that could re-lume it for you if desired. However, one of Seiko strengths is having some of the better factory lume out there.

7. Sarky

Sarky Loaded Pockets

I bought a Seiko 5, mostly for the see-through back :D Overall I think they're brilliant value. The only real negative for me is, I wish they could also be hand wound.

8. Minibear453
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Minibear453 Loaded Pockets

I also wanted hand winding, but I don't think I care now that I have the watch. I wear it every day, and I don't even pay attention to the power reserve. But IMO, isn't shaking the watch also hand winding in a way? ;)

Sarky likes this.