1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

EDC's across the pond

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by WhiteWolf, Sep 18, 2006.

1. WhiteWolf

WhiteWolf Empty Pockets

Hi everybody

I'm sat in work - bored - students are being good for a change.

So as I'm going down everybodies EDCs I got to thinking, most of the EDCs that are shown on here are from the USA where firearms are legal to carry (in some states anyway).

So my thought was how about EDCs from this side of the pond?

I know Pyro has posted his (Hi m8) and i'll post mine when I get home.

So come on you Brits post your EDCs. Let's see if there are any great differences between what we carry - apart from firearms of course.

Andy :yoga:

2. Pyro

Pyro Loaded Pockets

Hey mate :)

The main difference I've noticed between EDCs here and in the US is that most people here don't carry anything for self defense (or admit to it), most of the American EDCs I've seen on here and elsewhere seem to include at least one of the following, a firearm, some form of chemical spray (CS, mace, pepper spray, etc.), an impact weapon (kubaton, ASP, pocket stick, "pill crusher") or a knife they carry purely for SD (i.e a necker or a k-bit).

It also seems that for multitools most Americans will pick a leatherman over a SAK (maybe because the LM is made in the USA?), a small SAK on a keyring is not uncommon, but for full sized multitools most Americans seem to go for the leatherman where as it's probably the other way around in the UK.

David

3. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

It is much easier to buy a Leatherman tool in the USA than any other multitool because Leatherman multitools are sold in most "big box" and home center stores. In contrast, it is very difficult to find a Victorinox plier-type multitool in our stores.

4. Stutoffee

Stutoffee Loaded Pockets

Whitewolf, heres a cpl of the various EDC items that I er.....EDC!!
    [img width=640 height=480]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/Stutoffee/DSC01738.jpg[/img]

I DO chop & change quite alot, so need to take some new pics, but hope these will interest you for now. I now carry an Orb Raw nearly every day, a heavily customised Buck Strider SMBF & some Dogtags with medic alert info on em now, too. Ive just bought a CRKT AG Russell Sting that I REALLY want to (ILLEGALLY!!) carry too.

[img width=640 height=480]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/Stutoffee/DSC01781.jpg[/img]

More pics soon, I promise.

5. JimH

JimH Empty Pockets

I agree with you about "most Americans", so I must be the exception. I did a lot of research before buying a multi-tool, and, in my opinion, the Swiss Tool came out the clear winner. I will have to admit that I shopped the internet for a good price. I've been carrying it for about a year and a half and have never even had the urge to try something else.

I've used every tool on the Swiss Tool, including cutting my way through a chain link fence to rescue my truck. There may additional tools I'd like to see on it, but I'm not willing to carry any more weight or size, and I'm not willing to give up any of the tools that it has.

I now return you to your regular topic.

6. ZenEngineer

ZenEngineer Loaded Pockets

I'm an exception in that I carry no dedicated self-defense weapon.  I do carry stuff that could be used as weapons, from a clear head to a Leatherman, but nothing designed for that purpose.  As for carrying a Leatherman in the US; I grew up with SAK's but always needed pliers.  Got my first Leatherman 20 years ago and haven't gone back since.

7. Jaybee64

Jaybee64 Loaded Pockets

Hey Andy,

There a a few of us Brits about - suppose I'm about 1/2 way between you and Pyro.  I've posted my EDC in other threads but generally I carry a Tom Anderson Ti pen; HDS U60GT; Atwoods:  original style Booger, Ti full size prybaby XL, striped mini-prybaby XL, striped mini-bugout blade; Gerber Legend & Urban-Legend (big one generally stays in the car) - tho' I've just ordered a LM Surge that'll replace them both.  Spydie 93mm rescue lives in the car as well.  Trying to get hold of a Spydie Atlantic Salt PE (just found out that the one I'd ordered the supplier had listed them when he didn't have any in stock - took him a week to tell me that :mad: :mad:). 

Surefire Turbo M3 Combatlight extended to take an extra battery to allow it to run the 350 lumen bulb lives by my bed.
    SF E1L with KL4 head & E2D tailcap loiters around ready for use.  Girlfriend has my old 6P with LED drop-in.

2 phones - Treo 650 and new Samsung X820.  Ipaq 3970 PDA with OS mapping software.  Treo and Ipaq have TomTom Navigator 5 street mapping.

What I don't have is any money :( :(

Jem

8. Stutoffee

Stutoffee Loaded Pockets

My new-ish EDC set-up.
    [​IMG]

Sting 1A bootknife (Sheath is crap!!)
    SAK Classic SD
    Leatherman Micra
    Kenwood car stereo faceplate & case with remote control
    Orb Raw with green tritium & plastic carry-case
    Buck Strider SMBF with sanded-down scales, 2 green tritium & (poor!) Strider-style stripes on blade
    Surefire E2D
    Nite-Ize pouch for Sony Ericsson P910 phone
    Sony Ericsson P910 Phone (carried mainly for PDA functions)
    Gutted Leatherman pouch for Motorola V3X 3G phone
    Motorola V3X phone
    Spec-Ops THE wallet Jr.
    Rayban shades
    Car keys (with Comtech Stinger)
    Zippo lighter
    Omega Seamaster
    Gold ring
    MIA bracelet

Both phones have "24's" CTU logo as screensaver. ;D

9. iceman

iceman Empty Pockets

MAn, those stripes on the Buck/strider looks really awesome. How'd you do that?

Thanks,
    Iceman

10. Stutoffee

Stutoffee Loaded Pockets

Thanks, Iceman. Im not that pleased with the stripes myself, done with gun blue remover & wire wool. BUT if youre gonna try it, wear gloves, coz i didnt & my fingertips sortof "tingled" ;D
    So, I read the bottle & found out the remover contained sulphuric acid!!!!! No wonder my fingertips "tingled!" LOL

11. Bobby D

Bobby D Empty Pockets

Here's my collection of things that might be about my person at any time:

Keys, on a paracord lanyard with ti ferrules. Along with an Atwood whistle and V-notch booger, Photon and ti pillcrusher.

Midnight hideaway with Photon.

Hinderer koppo with pocket clip

SandY 490 or Marathon Navigator watch.

Also a Spyderco spin, at work right now.

My phone (when she makes me).

I don't like to carry alot of stuff, sometimes it'll be just my keys and whistle. Other times I'm a little more 'prepared' ;)

Bob.

Attached Files:

12. benp1

benp1 Loaded Pockets

I don't really carry to much stuff as my true every single moment EDC, mainly due to lack of pockets or pocket space when i'm at work. I work in big open plan offices wearing business casual so can't really mess around too much.

Phone (nokia N70)
    Watch (Tag 4000 series)
    Wallet (some plasters inside)
    Main keys - these are ALWAYS on me
    - House keys
    - Arc-P
    - Leatherman Squirt S4
    - Merkava Trit glowring
    Car keys - only with me when i'm with my car!
    - Car keys
    - Photon 2
    - Swiss tech micro plus
    - Swiss tech utilikey

Depending what I'm doing, particularly when i'm not at work, i often have an Orb Raw with me. I've got a Victorinox Soldier on order to go with it so they'll get teamed up in situations where pocket space is at a premium

13. WhiteWolf

WhiteWolf Empty Pockets

Just thought I should re post in my own intro to say I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaack

and to say nothing drastic had happened to me, just life getting in the way.

So lots of catching up to do.

WW

14. Kanif

Kanif Loaded Pockets

I don't think there's that much difference - after all EDC is all about quality gear and love for detail. I think that appeals to everybody, no matter whether he is in the US or elsewhere. Still, with your UK specific legal situation I think it must be so dificult to carry anything AT ALL. That must suck. From this point of view it's a pretty interesting question how EDCers in UK adapt to that. How do people get along in such a knife fascist country?

Being able to legally carry a gun sure must be a nice thing :)

Let me direct you to some of my EDC from even one pond further, Germany:

http://edcforums.com/showthread.php/71414-last-summer...

15. durhamsurvivor

durhamsurvivor Empty Pockets

Ooops Wrong Image

16. durhamsurvivor

My EDC as at Dec 08 , Been updated with Fenix L2D Flashlight, Blade Tech Hunter Lite and Binatone big phone since then.Thats what I EDc in Durham.[​IMG]

17. durhamsurvivor

Here we go a more up to date snap, still missing is the larger Blade tech Hunter lite, Bandana, Battery Case, Watch and pen.
    [​IMG]

18. phill

phill Loaded Pockets

What is the gold cylindrical thing on the left? Looks a bit like a light or a tac pen but different.

19. durhamsurvivor

Its a spring loaded centre punch, I carry it with me if I have to slum it on public transport, its designed for breaking safety glass. I got stuck on a train once when the IRA blew up Docklands in London, very unpleasant not having access to cold fresh air. People in multiple occasions have reported being stuck on broken down trains and tube trains over the years being unable to open a door or window to escape or just let air in.

Its also good to break glass panels in cars if folks are trapped inside after a collision.

20. WhiteWolf

WhiteWolf Empty Pockets

Knowing my luck if I carried that I would be nicked for “Going Equipped”

WW