1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

EDCF Thanksgiving Day Giveaway!

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by scríbhneoir, Nov 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lifesaver

Lifesaver Empty Pockets

I'm on a Red Cross disaster team. I've been thankful for my EDC many times as a result. Whether it is having a knife to open a box, a can opener when we needed to make coffee, or a pen when no one else has one, it has paid off many times. I'm thankful for the EDCF for letting me know I'm not alone in some of my "obsessions". :hug:

2. Firemedic

Firemedic Empty Pockets

Greetings!

I'm thankful that I have found a site where so many folks freely share tons of useful information. It has helped greatly to endorse the EDC lifestyle that I've chosen and be better prepared for whatever comes down the road.

Here's hoping your Thanksgiving is wonderful!

*Firemedic

3. nicknwong

nicknwong Loaded Pockets

My edc has had two great uses
    1. I have gotten to meet some excellent individuals which lets me know that society isnt going down to the pits
    2. Carrying some cordage and a torch really helped me out of a hiking trip gone wrong.

4. VT-aroo

VT-aroo Loaded Pockets

I am thankful for EDCF for the useful, helpful, polite responses I have gotten to my questions and for a few chuckles. Also is is quite nice to know that I am not the only one of my trbe out here.

Be well and happy thanksgiving to all.

5. dtrain

dtrain Empty Pockets

I am Thankful for the EDCF because it is a place where I can read about what others are carrying and how.I drive a truck for a living and on many of occasions what I had in my pockets kept we rolling,kept me warm,and kept me safe.It is good to be able to come to a place where you dont feel out of place.

Dtrain

6. jymkym1

jymkym1 Loaded Pockets

Happy Thanksgiving To Everyone....... i am thankful for my edc because i use it every chance i get to educate the non-edc'ers, i show that all of the edc items i use have a useful place in everyday life, and hopefully my advice gives someone else a reason to start thier own EDC.....

7. adimag

adimag Loaded Pockets

I would like to thank EDCF for all of its generosity. I have never seen another forum that has so many giveaways as well as kind and helpful people.

THANK YOU!! to EDCF and ALL of its members!!!

8. SdPunk

SdPunk Empty Pockets

I am thankful for EDCF because not only has it provided an opportunity for me to find valuable information on gadgets and gear that I could utilize in my everyday battle in the concrete jungle. I am thankful for the flashlights (Surefire) that can give me the ability to see in the darkness, the sticky, sharp objects (Spyderco, CRKT, Emerson) that provide me the abiilty to cut something that needs to be cut, or protect myself and loved ones from harmful aggressors. I am thankful for the bags, and pouches (Maxpedition, BumBakPaks) that can carry the items that I can use on a daily basis.

But I am most thankful for the people I have met on EDCF whom not only share the same interests in these things that I do, but have shown me how people help one and other selflessly. I thank Admin for giving us the opportunity to do this.

9. FlipMag

FlipMag Guest

I am thankful for EDCF because I have finally found LIKE MINDED PEOPLE! and a forum full of wonderful subscribers that are willing to give honest and constructive answers!

10. dyyys1

dyyys1 Loaded Pockets

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I'm thankful for EDCF because I have had so much fun hanging out here. This is a great community! The people here are helpful, generous, knowledgeable, and (usually) respectful toward one another. I look forward to many more hours of browsing. :)

11. Jaygnar99

Jaygnar99 Empty Pockets

I'm thankful to EDCF that I have a place to find out about all the great gear, gadgets, discussion, the list goes on. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

12. Vic303

Vic303 Loaded Pockets

I am thankful for EDCF having the KissyBoots forum, because at last I know I am NOT the only Gadget Girl out there!

I am thankful for My EDC gear because it has bailed me out of more problems than I can even begin to name!

--Vic303

13. Stormstaff

Stormstaff Loaded Pockets

I'm thankful for EDCF because everyone has made me feel at home and that I "belong". We have a great bunch of folks here! :hug:

Only thing I'm not thankful for is the ever ending empty wallet, hehe :broke:

It's nice to be able to tap into such a knowledgeable group of folks when it comes time to make purchases though.

Thank you all and have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

14. RyanMalpiede

RyanMalpiede Loaded Pockets

I am thankful for EDCF, EDCF allows me to share my EDC addictions with others.

Hello, My Name is Ryan, (Hello Ryan), I have been carrying EDC's since I was seven, and I am a EDCF addict.

EDCF COIN

15. justmyluck
    • In Omnia Paratus

justmyluck Loaded Pockets

I'm thankful for EDCF and similiar forums (think flashlights) for keeping me up to date on all the neat stuff that we all are carrying. Sure, I carried a knife before I found EDCF, but the forums have opened my eyes to a whole new world of "other" stuff to EDC. There's not a day that goes by that I don't have at LEAST a knife, pen and flashlight on me now. And certainly, for a nice place to come and lurk, and occasionally contribute, cause none of more worldy circle of friends understand why I carry what I carry!

As for the EDC gear, well, I'm thankful to have it...any of it. It comes in handy almost daily in one way or another.

Happy Thanksgiving to All!

16. Cuso

Cuso Loaded Pockets

I am thankful for all the goodies EDCF has introduced me to, specially to the wonderful world of unobtainable Atwood tools. Always been a EDC guy since young, im glad i found a home where I can share and comment about all things EDC. Thank God for all you guys, keep up the great work.

17. jay_imok

jay_imok Banned

validates my "OCD"!

when i was a mere lad, 7 to 11 ish, my cousin would come home on leave from the Marines and bring me all kinds of good stuff. surplus medals, camping gear, lensatic compass, and best Gen - U - Ine military "C" rations!!! does Anyone know how good canned crackers and canned peanut butter taste to an eight year old?

and there was a chocolate cookie - very similar to a Tiger Milk Bar - in the same can. i can smell it now. packs of two cigarettes which Mom promptly confiscated , P38s & ten pack paper matches, canned peaches, nastey meaty entrees - i distinctly remember something in dark sauce?, olive drab cans with black printing and plenty of white corrugated paper so nothing would break.

... and you dare ask "where did it begin....?"

ps: Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

18. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

I remember Dad bringing home C rations in the 60s. I loved them.

19. Jim101

Jim101 Empty Pockets

I remember joining this board shortly after is started. I have always been into pocket tools, bags, knives and guns. This board brought it all together and introduced me to some "neat" ideas, new bags, flashlights, etc. Since joining, besides all the new great friends, I have organized my keychain, wallet, knive choices and most important I have a great BOB that goes everywhere with me.... Our son is in the Air Force and I have provided him with some great pocket tools (Atwood) that helps him in his job and personal life.
    I could go on, but, you all have the same stories and know what I am talking about..

Thanks to all that put together and support this board.......

Jim

20. mpi

mpi Loaded Pockets

i was in in the 80's and we had c's for about half of my service. I really lied c rats and remember selling p-38's to reception station inmates while waiting to ship out from Ft. Dix. course i love mre's too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.