1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

EDCers and Linux

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by Jinglish, May 6, 2011.

1. Lou_G

Lou_G Banned

Office servers are all running RHEL, except the Oracle database appliance running their Oracle Linux. Office desktop runs Linux Mint and Windows 7. I don't have time to mess around with stuff like Gentoo and Arch any longer. Laptop runs Kali Linux and Windows 7. Media center, wife's laptop, kid's PCs and my gaming machine all run Windows 7. PBX system runs CentOS. Media server runs Ubuntu server. AD and monitoring server runs Windows Server 2008 R2. I only run OS X in a VM, because I don't like Unix made by Fisher Price.

2. Gunsmoke

Gunsmoke Loaded Pockets

Been using Linux off and on for a few years through live CD or through VM. Had to have windows machine to remote into work Virtual Desktop. Had different version of linux in VM to surf websites and trying to install programs. Tried Linux Mint, Ubuntu, Peppermint, and CrunchBang. Loved the speed of Peppermint OS and Linux Mint and Crunchbang. Been thinking of installing some flavor of linux on Mother in laws PC to get her used to if Win 7 ever goes away and Win 8 type Gui is still around.

3. shokthx

shokthx Loaded Pockets

I run Ubuntu most of the time except for Photoshop in Windows 7. Have been for several years now.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk