1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

EDC writing instrument picture thread...

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Mumbojumboo, May 3, 2012.

1. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen Loaded Pockets

The one marked as Stainless steel grip pen refills are impossible to find. Sharpie Grip Pens with a plastic body looks to have the same grip and they seem to still be for sale. Might be possible to buy those and cannibalise them? They even have the same steel cap

from my S-A-M-S-U-N-G S9+ via T-A-P-A-T-A-L-K

ran23 likes this.
  2. MOD-u-LAR

MOD-u-LAR Loaded Pockets

Heywood I have a Pelikan question for you if you would hit me up. Thank you.

Heywood Floyd likes this.
  3. Cao87

Cao87 Loaded Pockets

Some cheap crappy pens I can find around the house, what is a good cheap long lasting pen with replaceable cartridges

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. smokingfish

smokingfish Loaded Pockets

Bolt action pen, titanium with timascus bolt. Notebook with glow in the dark glue pasted on backside, really great for camping. Stick it in the tent pocket for dim lighting.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nick4305, usk15, twin63 and 1 other person like this.
  5. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

6. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

So, was lookin' back at discussions about the Machine Era offerings, and read these:
    Well, maybe up y'all's alleys to use his next iteration, the Bolt-Action V2 Field Pen (his latest creation, and will come with a black DLC coating soon; seen here with the original iteration of the Field Pen):
    [​IMG]
    This design has a longer barrel to accommodate the Parker-compatible International G2 ink cartridges. And, it's got a "cleaner" design w/o the grooves - whatcha think?

:cool:

7. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

Another "fam" of writing instruments, this time from Cogent Industries/Magnus X (Magnus Macdonald):
    [​IMG]
    One note: There's some tolerance or design issue where the front surface (away from the surface of the pen barrel) of the top end of the ClickShift clip is closer to the pen body than the bottom end where the clamping feature contacts the pen, so the clip curves slightly outward. Oh well, just something noticed, looks-wise, which doesn't affect the pen, functionality-wise, since there's definitely compression between the clip and barrel to provide grip onto pocket materials.

:cool:

8. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

Yes, it does look better. I already have an original Tactile Turn Ti bolt action, and it also takes Schmidt capless rollerball refills, so I'm standing pat with that.