1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

EDC writing instrument picture thread...

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Mumbojumboo, May 3, 2012.

1. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

KK? 'zat short for that one crowdfunding site? Anyway, I think the anodizing's durable - doesn't seem like it'll scratch easily. And the twist mechanism's deliberate, if that makes sense. It's not loose or wiggly, and then it gets to the extended and retracted positions and stays put, yet it doesn't take a lot of effort when you want to twist it, either.

Another shot:
    [​IMG]
    What's different is that there's a transparent spherical object of some sort in the bottom groove of the grip, which ya might be able to see (if the dumb watermark doesn't obscure it - or, it might be perfectly viewable on a phone - just got the warning that the 25 MB of hosting bandwidth has already been spent this month, so let the watermarking and blurring begin...). At first, it was wedged in there pretty well, and I initially thought that, since it was clear (so the metal surface was seen through it), some metal bur or debris was there. Well, I was able to get the piece loose, yet now, it rolls around the circumference of the writing instrument and stays within the groove (sorta like the bearings in the eone Bradley watch; huh, eone's short for 'everyone', and this brand's Everyman...). I guess it could be a fidgety feature, lol...

:cool:

2. Nusm

Nusm Loaded Pockets

I got one of the Refyne EP1 pens (mine is in black), and I was really surprised at how small it was when I got it. It didn't look that small in the pictures, but it's really close to being a mini pen. It's got nice weight and feels solid, but it's small.

3. sl66ICEcuba

sl66ICEcuba Loaded Pockets

Trying out a couple fountain pens for work/EDC[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

4. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

Interesting. What's the hexagonal body grey one?

sl66ICEcuba likes this.
  5. sl66ICEcuba

It is a TWSBI Precision. Both Lamy and TWSBI really surprised me for an economical fountain pen, impressed!

RogerStenning likes this.
  6. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

New one (to me) with maybe an interesting company logo on it:
    [​IMG]
    At the Who We Are page on the SC Johnson site, they wrote about where "Our Name Comes From":

Samuel Curtis Johnson, who founded the company in 1886. Over the years, we have been referred to as SC Johnson & Son, Johnson’s Wax, Johnson Wax, SC Johnson Wax and, since the 1990s, SC Johnson, a family company.

Well, website-wise, they had scjohnsonwax.com way after the 90's (yet, maybe that was just to own the domain so others wouldn't take it over), and the Tombow Zoom 414 was released in Sep of 2005, so is this logo sorta rare to see, with both "SC Johnson Wax", and the slogan "A Family Company" together?

Oh well, thought it was interesting, like my Sheaffer Targa set with the logo of the AT&T "Death Star" and American Bell beside it; that company was only around for 2-ish years (1982-83, iirc). But I digress...

ETA the image of the Sheaffer Targa set with the American Bell logo...

#3306 oke, Sep 4, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  7. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

It's a crying shame that photoscrewit blurred your photo and stuffed their logo all across it :(

Moshe ben David likes this.
  8. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

I concur. Well, not sure if it'll help if pb gets folks to see images at their site instead of 3rd party hosting, yet if it does, click to see the Retro 51 Tornado Flint Tread rollerball, fwiw.

ETA the url to the image itself, which currently is still properly viewable from a mobile browser, at least...:rolleyes:

#3308 oke, Sep 5, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  9. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

"User doesn't have permission to view this image".

This is why I run my own space on a hosting service. Photobunkit are a waste of effort if you want to share images - I've had this problem many, many, many (expletive) times before.

10. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

And the above discussion is why I STILL don't attempt using a photo hosting service!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

11. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

12. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

Well, fwiw, I did change the URL to go directly to the image in the previous post.

And guess what? pb sent an email today with a "final warning".

And the message was an image. Wonder if this one can be 3rd-party hosted? Guess we'll see (already knew 'bout the blurring and water-marking...):
    [​IMG]

13. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

@oke: only one thing to say. THAT SUCKS!

Yeah, I get that those guys are running a business. And not a charity. But $7 a month out of the blue? One of these days someone should do a market survey...

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

14. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

And this is merely another reason why I have a hosting service for my imagery and other media/docs.

15. sl66ICEcuba

All work and no play....[​IMG]

twin63 likes this.
  16. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

Whoa, that sounds like a great way to avoid hassles!

Well, for those who are using a mobile browser, here's the lamy Studio LX All-Black ballpoint.

17. oke

oke Loaded Pockets