1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

EDC writing instrument picture thread...

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Mumbojumboo, May 3, 2012.

1. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

@aicolainen: Appreciate your thoughts! For me copyright/ownership is absolutely not an issue I've given any thought to nor am I likely to. I just don't want to deal with any kind of maintenance issues once I post... sorta lazy I know but that's the way I'm rolling on this!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

2. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

@Moshe ben David - so, outta merely forgettin' to reference ya, I just wanted to point out that I quoted one person in my previous post, yet was also directing my reply to you about what I still decide to do (manage the uploaded image files) in terms of what I put up with/deal with. I guess there's no real importance to the photos I take, although I'd rather have some control over them more than just putting the images out there. Yet that's I think the detail (a free service who hosts the images for a specific account) where it ends up being a paid service, so havin' some control for free ends up bein' a continual issue to deal with once the service changes its terms. Maybe I should work on bein' more easygoing about what service I use, huh?

Anyway, just fyi. And no writing instrument to show in this post. My bad - will make up for that when I can... ;)

:cool:

3. Moshe ben David

No worries! I am guilty of the same with my reply to apicalainen... same reason. Just got lazy! :(. Don't give it a moment's thought dude!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

4. Adam Ng

Adam Ng Loaded Pockets

Scored these.[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lucas760, Stormdrane and twin63 like this.
  5. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

Sorta like a leadholder, yet for a Fisher PR ink cartridge, and machined from a single piece of metal:
    [​IMG]
    Also, pb now has resized the image and slapped a watermark on it.

And there was much rejoicing -
    Yay...

Last edited by oke, Jul 9, 2019
    #3285 oke, Jul 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    jag-engr likes this.
  6. Moshe ben David

One more reason NOT to use photo bucket!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

PragmaticMurphyist likes this.
  7. addylo

addylo Loaded Pockets

Couple of Pelikans, couple of Montblancs and a homebrew.

[​IMG]

IGetov, jkwithawave, ran23 and 7 others like this.
  8. Moshe ben David

@addylo: Very nice set up there^^! Like the little mobile collection. Pray tell -- tell us more about the case. Can't recall seeing one quite like this before. Handsome looking, but how do you write on the back side of the pages that end up lying over the pens? Or do you?

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

twin63 likes this.
  9. addylo

addylo Loaded Pockets

Thanks! The case is from Galen Leather. The field notes easily slip in and out of the case when needed.

Galen is a small family-owned business based in Turkey. Their products are available via Amazon or their website. I have several of their products and can vouch for the quality. Unfortunately their founder just passed away from cancer but her husband, son, and brother are keeping the business going.

(Disclaimer: I am not associated in any way with Galen Leather, just a satisfied customer.)

10. choombak

choombak Loaded Pockets

Currently the Prometheus Bamboo in Ti, and Pelikan M215 ink pens in rotation.

[​IMG]

Adam Ng, Stormdrane, twin63 and 2 others like this.
  11. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

Whoa! I thought my eyes were goin' bad, or that I took blurry images (though, admittedly, they're not pro level at all), yet I just noticed that pb'll also make the photos blurry?!? Lovely, they sure know how to discourage folks from usin' their *free* service.:rolleyes:

12. Bad Company

Bad Company Loaded Pockets

I've never seen this before.

Maker?

Website

13. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

It's called the ManualPen, which was a ks project from a person named Kristoph Krisjans, and, this is a list of his other projects (which you may or may not have heard of): kickstarter.com/profile/kristophkrisjans/created

Anyway, I went to pb and saw that the 25MB of hosting bandwidth was consumed early on (133.7MB used so far this month), so I get the following popup:

You have reached the hosting bandwidth limit of 25MB for this month. Your hosted images are watermarked and blurred. To restore hosting privileges, simply upgrade your plan to Intermediate or Expert via the plans page to give you unlimited monthly hosting bandwidth as well as larger image storage limits.

So awesome.

Well, here's a new one acquired during the Apollo XI 50th anniversary flash sale, fwiw (not much, really):
    [​IMG]

14. Moshe ben David

Which is a demo of why I am not chomping at the bit to use a photo hosting service!

Moshe

15. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

Dumb double-post. Huh. New thought - @Moshe ben David - I may use imgur or something in the future.

Last edited by oke, Jul 27, 2019
    #3295 oke, Jul 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  16. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

Oh, that's wild - they'll probably fix the code eventually, yet I think the blurring and watermarking only works on desktop browsers atm, because there's no alterations to the image when browsing from a mobile device... Kinda cool that pb hasn't messed with mobile browsers yet, at least.

17. Moshe ben David

Sure says a lot when notebook computers are considered strictly 'desktop' devices! I've been able to personally witness and experience virtually the full evolution of computing devices going all the way back to punch cards and paper tapes! I've visited the Computer Museum in Boston and been able with honesty to remark on how I remember many of the exhibited items (including many in the calculator exhibit!) in daily life!

My son thinks I'm tiresome.... ;)

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

18. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

That's great you have the first-hand experiences to share! Recently, someone asked why there were scenes (in the show, Stranger Things) in a red-lit room where people were (apparently, somehow, according to them) making photographs better (they had no idea what a darkroom was or what it was used for), and this reaction (you can play the animated .gif/vid showing Private Ryan suddenly aging) was perfect...;)

Anyway, 5 relatively-different writing instruments all arrived within a couple of days (4 were from 3 ks campaigns), and I noticed something fun (& yep, still usin' pb, since it currently still shows up alright (read: 'ok') when viewing from a phone, although just 'ok' is not ok, lol):
    [​IMG]
    Notice one feature contrast? For the Fisher 70th anniversary bullet space pen, gunmetal Everyman Grafton mini click and twist pens, gunmetal Refyne EP1, and the Aurora Green stilform (KOSMOS) pen, the way the ink refill tip is exposed/extended differs...;)

19. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

ooh... how does the Everyman mini twist action feel? How is the anodizing...think it will scratch easy ?
    Can't believe I missed this KK.

RRSirThomas likes this.
  20. Havabeer

Havabeer Empty Pockets

[​IMG]

Sorry for such a boring image. I'm pretty happy with this current lot.
    All pretty well known except for the far right which is a RNG SQ1, which takes a Fisher refill. I actually had 3 of these, my favorite one was stolen by a little :censored: of a kid. It was anodized red and brass, I called it my Iron Man pen. The other won't fit in the case.