1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

EDC writing instrument picture thread...

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Mumbojumboo, May 3, 2012.

1. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

2. Nusm

Nusm Loaded Pockets

My twist with the orange cap came in Tuesday, and I really like it. It feels very substantial in the hand with plenty of weight. It's good to write with, the only thing that concerns me is the clip. I don't know if it will stay attached to the pen, or if it will bend. It doesn't feel as solid as the rest of the pen.

3. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

Yes, the cheapo clip was a deal-breaker for me, along with the general design. I have MEC's stainless compact field pen & its design is great all around for me.

4. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

So, there were just a few small dots on the lower section of the Field Pen Twist where shiny metal showed through the DLC coating, and Adam sent a replacement part; great customer support (shown with the Original Field Pen)!
    [​IMG]
    :cool:

Inner Prop and poe47 like this.
  5. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

I'm still puzzled (and disappointed) that MEC didn't produce a Parker compatible Field Pen (without the indented rings) instead of the twist....:(

6. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

Well, they haven't (yet), however, that doesn't mean they won't ever make a Field Pen for Parker-compatible refills or that they don't have plans to do so in the future. It's like you're writing them off as if they're done and can't still make such a writing instrument, which doesn't make sense.

They are still planning on future projects, if ya go by that comment, so there's more to look forward to, at least...

Just sayin'. ;)

7. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

I always keep my eye out for new offerings from MEC & Tactile Turn. I can't say what they will do in the future, but definitely for the moment, I don't see anything from them that I like that I don't already own. I'm not sure what comment you were linking to above. I didn't see anything on the linked page about future projects, but there were a lot of comments on the page & I didn't have the time or inclination to read through them all.

8. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

New one:
    [​IMG]
    & with a couple others, either old or new (trivia: forgot to mention it at the time, yet I won the top one of the group below :D):
    [​IMG]
    Sooo, realized that these 3 are sort of a variation on a theme. Do ya know one thing they have in common? And the other details where one is different than the other 2? Well, I thought it was fun to notice, at least...

Inner Prop, usk15 and Moshe ben David like this.
  9. usk15

usk15 Loaded Pockets

10. dischu

dischu Loaded Pockets

I found the Lamy fountain pen I used in school many many years ago ...

[​IMG]

11. Pangari1

Pangari1 Loaded Pockets

What is the one in the middle?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

The one in the middle's the Machine Era Field Pen Twist from Adam Hogsett, and some more discussion about it's there.

And, it was inevitable, yet pb said they'd start watermarkin' the free images, and looks like it's been implemented - yay...

13. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

pb?

14. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

Oh, photobucket. Then found out today that they do have one free acct option (don't remember that being offered previously), which is limited (to 250 images), so I guess these will now not be watermarked? Anyway, as y'all were...

RogerStenning likes this.
  15. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

Testin' out the new, free beta pb acct, w/ this acquisition:
    [​IMG]