1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

    Please visit following page for more information

    Dismiss Notice

EDC writing instrument picture thread...

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Mumbojumboo, May 3, 2012.

  1. Mark_Trail

    Mark_Trail Loaded Pockets

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2017
    Messages:
    307
    Likes Received:
    977
    Any of you gents here familiar with Lionsteel Nyala Damascus? I’m mighty tempted but also wondering if it is just a nice pen or with tactical capabilities as well. With the latter I mainly mean usability in a ruckus and breaking glass + luggability in office environments


    Sent from my NSA monitored iPhone using Tapatalk
     
  2. oke

    oke Loaded Pockets

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2010
    Messages:
    417
    Likes Received:
    288
    I've had the rotring Initial on a "to-possibly-get-maybe-sometime" imaginary list (which also includes a Delta Momo Design Alumina option and Diplomat Aero of some sort), yet I really hadn't felt an urgency to get one, since they seem to be easy to find - just looking for a good deal I suppose.

    And I like lamy's Dialog2 with its nifty clip - when I got to test drive the Porsche Design P'3115 Laser Flex (another one manufactured by Pelikan) about 6 years ago, I put the pair together (another one still at ze imageshack that's sorta active, and also re-uploaded below at pb):
    [​IMG]
    So, @indigo_wolf - you'd say ya like and/or would recommend either the rollerball/fp and ballpoint versions of the Initial? That's pretty neat to know!

    And, @Mark_Trail - ya got me to search for the Nyala Pen to learn more about 'em - initially, the design reminded me of some ks writing instruments by Inspirs Design, yet fancier. Pretty cool on their own merits. Don't know anything about the Lionsteel ones, but thanks for sharin'!

    :cool:
     
    Last edited by oke, Sep 15, 2018
    #3162 oke, Sep 15, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  3. addylo

    addylo Loaded Pockets

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2010
    Messages:
    691
    Likes Received:
    11,082
    Pelikan M400 fountain pen and Traveler's Passport notebook

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]
     
  4. HEKT2.0

    HEKT2.0 Empty Pockets

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2018
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    4
    I've been using these two quite a bit lately. Zebra Sarasa Grand with blue black ink and the Zebra M701 .7 mm 2B AinStein lead. Zebra makes great stuff. Wish they would make a Sarasa Grand in burgundy/wine color.[​IMG]

    Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk
     
  5. Tesla

    Tesla Loaded Pockets

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2009
    Messages:
    938
    Likes Received:
    797
    Got a Sarasa Grand in Black with .7mm blue/black refill, myself. It's my crossword puzzle pen, now that I'm retired. It clips onto my crossword clipboard like a champ! I've said it before, but Zebra is missing the boat by not offering a 701 gel pen...their ballpoint refills have to be the worst I've tried, but their gel refills are the bomb.
     
    poe47 likes this.
  6. HEKT2.0

    HEKT2.0 Empty Pockets

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2018
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    4
    Yes, ageed. I also have the F701 and have a fine Fisher Space Pen refill in it. I find the standard size FSP refills clump up. Fine refills helps but still, once you use gel or fp's, ballpoints just don't do it anymore.

    Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk
     
  7. poe47

    poe47 Loaded Pockets

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2011
    Messages:
    124
    Likes Received:
    247
    Does the Sarasa seem like a fairly durable pen? I've been thinking of picking one up. Thanks!
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
     
  8. this_is_nascar

    this_is_nascar Loaded Pockets

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2007
    Messages:
    383
    Likes Received:
    461
    The problem is that there are many surfaces that gel won't write on.


    Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
     
    Moshe ben David likes this.
  9. Tesla

    Tesla Loaded Pockets

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2009
    Messages:
    938
    Likes Received:
    797
    Many is an over-statement. There are surfaces that gel pens are not optimum for, but the overwhelming acceptance & use of gel pens says that they are good for most normal uses. They suit 90% of use. If someone deals with the other 10% on regular basis or needs to write upside down on butter in zero gravity, there are always pressurized options. In daily use, I prefer a pen that writes well in 90% of situations to a pen that writes badly in 90%, but will work on the remaining 10% (again, badly).
     
  10. jarguez

    jarguez Loaded Pockets

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2009
    Messages:
    28
    Likes Received:
    17
    What a Beatiful watch!
     
    usk15 likes this.
  11. usk15

    usk15 Loaded Pockets

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2015
    Messages:
    165
    Likes Received:
    1,316
    Thank you!
     
  12. Pavetski

    Pavetski Loaded Pockets

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2015
    Messages:
    19
    Likes Received:
    45
    The rOtring just came in the mail[​IMG]

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
     
  13. Naturally-aspirated

    Naturally-aspirated Loaded Pockets

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2014
    Messages:
    18
    Likes Received:
    105
    Has anyone got a bastion bolt action pen and recommend them? How are they quality wise?
    Or can anyone recommend other similar pens with the same quality or better? Interested in purchasing one!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
     
  14. Journo

    Journo Loaded Pockets

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2017
    Messages:
    510
    Likes Received:
    1,147
    I have one, I love it. I've had it about a month now and I haven't used another pen since, I also won't lend it to people. But it is quite heavy, I guess that's the only downside.
     
    Naturally-aspirated likes this.
  15. Naturally-aspirated

    Naturally-aspirated Loaded Pockets

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2014
    Messages:
    18
    Likes Received:
    105
    Do you find that it's good to write with or too bulky for writing alot?



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
     
  16. Journo

    Journo Loaded Pockets

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2017
    Messages:
    510
    Likes Received:
    1,147
    I write for a living (admittedly more on a computer), but I love the Bastion it feels great.
     
    Naturally-aspirated likes this.
  17. Naturally-aspirated

    Naturally-aspirated Loaded Pockets

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2014
    Messages:
    18
    Likes Received:
    105
    Looks like I'll definitely be ordering one very soon!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
     
  18. RMinNJ

    RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2010
    Messages:
    569
    Likes Received:
    197
    Price and design look wonderful. The weight though..2.8 oz and and 2.3oz ... I think the shape will help the weight but my MaxMadco stainless weight is not helped by its smooth surface or thin diameter. Thanks for sharing this pen with us.
     
  19. Tesla

    Tesla Loaded Pockets

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2009
    Messages:
    938
    Likes Received:
    797
    I recommend Tactile Turn Slider & Gliders
     
  20. crwoody

    crwoody Loaded Pockets

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2017
    Messages:
    98
    Likes Received:
    264
    [​IMG][​IMG] 4 years today with my Fisher AG7


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
     
    twin63, Moshe ben David and garza like this.