1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

EDC writing instrument picture thread...

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Mumbojumboo, May 3, 2012.

1. tandem

tandem Loaded Pockets

From left to right:
    Pilot VP (EF), Lamy 2000 (F), Pilot VP (M), Pilot Metropolitan (M), TWSBI Mini (F), Kaweco Liliput (EF), Kaweco Sport (EF), Maxmadco Ti, Ti Arto[​IMG]

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

2. IGetov

IGetov Loaded Pockets

Who is the seller, my friend ? I would definately visit his store...

3. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen Loaded Pockets

japan-kamikaze (7853 )

IGetov likes this.
  4. IGetov

IGetov Loaded Pockets

Dude, seriously?! I'm currently watching his shop!!! That is crazyyyy!!! :D

Изпратено от моят SM-G920F с помощта на Tapatalk

5. IGetov

IGetov Loaded Pockets

One of the pens i edc - cheap japanese fountain pen from Daizo shop. Cost me 2.8 australian dollars and is solf with 2 black cartrages.
    I've bough 60 colored ink cartrages 2 years ago - yellow, pink, purple and green. After black ran out i filled it with yelloe, no cleaning the pen. It made me a beautiful black-gold color of the ink. When that was depleated i filled it with pink ink, again no cleaning. Now i have this rusty ink colors.

I'm not gonna clean this pen and will continue experimenting with ink shades and colors.[​IMG]

Изпратено от моят SM-G920F с помощта на Tapatalk

twin63 and Stormdrane like this.
  6. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

A new (to me) one to use:
    [​IMG]
    And with another one I like with a similar side button feature:
    [​IMG]
    :cool:

7. Sachsen

Sachsen Loaded Pockets

Saturday grocery shopping list, three stores and four hours later.

Ti Pocket Pro (w/ Uni Jetstream 0.5 black refill)
    Field Notes County Fair edition

[​IMG]

lucas760, MCPOWoller, twin63 and 3 others like this.
  8. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

Bacon bits...yes!

MCPOWoller, Sachsen and RichardA76 like this.
  9. RichardA76

RichardA76 Empty Pockets

I saw that too! LOL

MCPOWoller and Sachsen like this.
  10. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

Funny that y'all were attempting to read what's on the shopping list; took me a bit to find the bits, lol... :D

So, I mentioned the various Machine Era Co. writing instruments previously (and it was pretty much off-topic in that thread), yet wanted to share it here...

First up's a sampling of Machine Era Co.'s pen offerings - original iterations/incarnations and their updates or new models with DLC coatings - for instance, the first Original Solid Brass Pen01 didn't have the 4 grooves which later models have:
    [​IMG]
    Additionally, under the name of Makerset Co., MEC (I think) wants to split off their writing instruments division, and the first from that brand is their Field Pen Compact, so along with the first version of the Field Pen (of which I later found out that they only made 85) with the side button retract mechanism and the second version where the clip acts as the bolt-action mechanism, these are examples of the current Machine Era Co./Makerset Co. Field Pens:
    [​IMG]

11. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

I own one of the Machine Era compact pens...the stainless version. Great pen in every respect...good weight & balance & able to take any kind of D1 refill (personally, the Schmidt D1 version of the EasyFlow is my huckleberry). The Field Pen would have been great if it wasn't restricted as to refill and the grooves detract from its appearance.

12. Ash Williams

Ash Williams Empty Pockets

I have the same pen but not too fond of the copper smell. Pen looks great though

13. Bad Company

Bad Company Loaded Pockets

Namisu titanium ballpoint, and fountain pen. Flashlight: Preon 1[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

14. HappyGilmore

HappyGilmore Loaded Pockets

There are two things I find I lose quite often...pens and flashlights. Because of this I carry a Sharpie (double Tip) and an Ultrafire 7w 300Lm Mini Cree. Really sweet flashlight for a $6.

If I was to splurge a bit I would get this though.
    A caliper pen, which is great for my 3D printing adventures.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003JGCR30/ref=sxr_rr_xsim_1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=9ddc66f6-9fc0-49ff-b2fa-06a39d9859e6&pd_rd_wg=dwMw9&pf_rd_r=DQ7D272P046NXAWFMP74&pf_rd_s=desktop-rhs-carousels&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_i=B003JGCR30&pd_rd_w=XQwoR&pf_rd_i=caliper+pen&pd_rd_r=7dab1ace-996f-4097-8bdf-a74395cb7f8e&ie=UTF8&qid=1535456393&sr=1

Bad Company likes this.
  15. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

Both new to me, yet one's old(-er, debuting around 15 years ago) and the other's new(-er, from last year):
    [​IMG]
    For what they have in common, they're both silver-colored, or white metal-bodied pens (I think the top one's aluminum and know the bottom one is), with twist mechanisms, and stamped metal clips. Not a bad bunch to use for $60. :D

16. litework

litework Loaded Pockets

Using a new Rotring 800 a lot lately.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bub, Inner Prop, dischu and 4 others like this.
  17. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

You might want to round out the collection with a Pelikan K73 Belle in silver. Would complement the two pens you already have nicely.

[​IMG]

ATB,
    Sam

18. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

Interesting that you should mention the Belle.

See, at least in terms of tracking down the older Pelikan One Touch and Twirl, I found 'em when looking for more info about the Belle's sorta sibling, the Form K74. Way back when (2001 or 2 maybe?), in an issue of Stylophiles (a pretty informative and mostly online publication) was an article about Heavy Pens (and I haven't found a cache of it yet), and it said that the Pelikan Form was a heavy steel writing instrument, so, sometime around when I worked on gettin' my BOMAPenD6 #3 from Inkling Pens (which is the heaviest writing instrument I've used), I grabbed a Form for $10, which seemed to be the SRP for them at the time. Later, unfortunately, since there's a gap between the spring clip and barrel, and not much clamping force to grip onto pocket materials (even thicker ones, apparently), I lost it when I put it in an inside coat pocket (I figure I leaned forward once and it fell out without me noticing). And when I went back to look for a replacement (since I thought $10 wasn't too bad of a cost), they were no longer steel, but now with aluminum barrels and anodized in a few different colors, and now up to $17-20. And eventually, they were selling in the $36-40 range... I did finally find another steel Form which came in a set with a fun Troika (I believe) keyring (which looks like a person holding a jumprope), and that was only $15. And also got one of the aluminum versions of the Form later as well...

Anyway, when looking through the archived pages to figure out when Pelikan changed the material of the Form, I found, separately, on the Pelikan United Arab Emirates site, some newer metal writing instruments, like the One Touch, which stated it had an innovative push-button mechanism. What was goofy was that, in the promo images, it never showed any button to let a person know what made it innovative. By the time I found that cached page 7 years ago, the One Touch was no longer available at the source or from other places, since it was already at least 7 years old by then. So, tracking down a One Touch and Twirl was a result of losing my first Form, and finding out the new incarnation was composed of different materials, and noticing some (at the time) newer metal writing instruments at the site.

What's kinda fun is that, even though imageshack changed its policies about hosting images at 3rd party sites, the image of my two versions (steel and aluminum) of the Pelikan Form K74 is still online, yet you now have to download it to view it instead of seeing it at the site. And so, since that's still a hassle to have to download it before viewing the image, you can also see it below (at least until pb stops showing images at 3rd party sites...):
    [​IMG]
    TL: DR? I do happen to have the Pelikan Form (in 2 incarnations), though not the Belle... :D

19. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Since we're talking about large heavy pens... from Germany no less...

I have two specimens:

1) Rotring Initial rollerball

[​IMG]

2) Lamy Dialog 2 rollerball
    [​IMG]

Sorry; I'm not set up to take pics. But as you can see I was able to grab some images off of Amazon. They're both hefty -- in excess of 4.5 oz! The Rotring, with the cap posted for writing, comes in at about 6.5 inches in length. The Lamy Dialog 2 I find is listed at 5 5/8" with the tip retracted.

The Rotring is in active use on my desk...I've got to find my Lamy.... its in a case somewhere on my shelf!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

20. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

The Rotring Initial in both capped and clickie versions are 2 of the 3 pens in my standard pen case. Both are the all silver variety. The other slot is filled with a Pelikan Pharo.

Nice weighty pens.

ATB,
    Sam

Moshe ben David likes this.