1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

EDC vest

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by jonny8642, Feb 27, 2008.

1. jonny8642

jonny8642 Loaded Pockets

I've been wondering if anyone wears a vest for EDC and if anyone has one of these from Duluth Trading. I am open for suggestions om different ones.

heres the one that I am looking at.

2. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

3. inmypocket

inmypocket Empty Pockets

I know I sound like a Sportsmans Warehouse ad but there is a cool vest in our store Southaven MS and I'd guess its in the rest of them for like 20 bucks pockets everywhere front and 3 in back like a game bag. I've been thinking about getting one, but that would only add to what I already carry since there would be more room and I don't know about Ya'll but more room for me means more stuff. :brickwall:

Scott

4. icqcq

icqcq Loaded Pockets

My only experience with Duluth clothing was to order a size Medium [have you noticed how few manufacturers even make a Small any longer?], and when it showed up, it was big enough for two of me to wear at the same time. I'm still not sure what part of the shirt was 'Medium.'

I guess maybe if you're from Duluth then you're built for a size Medium shirt that's got a 80 inch girth?

So... that vest could be huge on you.
    Curious to hear your experience.

5. bquinlan

bquinlan Loaded Pockets

I do wear a vest for EDC. I started out with the 5.11 Tactical Vest, but found them far too hot for central Texas. I would strongly recommend Columbia Sportwear's Omni-Dry Venture Vest after several years of happy EDC. It is excellent in the heat, comfortable, well-made, and with a nice selection of pockets. Also, it looks a bit nicer than most vests that are designed to carry much of anything.

--Bob Q

6. bravo

bravo Empty Pockets

7. dowtech

dowtech Loaded Pockets

From your links, looks like you may have the Voyager (only available outside the US). It appears to be the same vest as the Omni-Dry. I just bought an Omni-Dry on sale from Sierra Trading Post, and it is great! Very lightweight -- looking forward to the warmer weather to begin wearing it.

8. roscullion

roscullion Empty Pockets

I used the Columbia Omnidry Voyager while travelling in Middle East and can fully recommend it.

Light weight but strong and plenty of useful pockets - great for stowing stuff when checking onto flights with a one bag carry on.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59326548@N00/2442602576/

9. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

:welcome: Welcome to EDC Forums, roscullion.

10. dowtech

dowtech Loaded Pockets

Welcome, roscullion!

Now that the weather has warmed a bit here in NH, I've been wearing my omni-dry regularly. It is really comfortable, capacious, and commodious (hows that, English majors?) and has quickly become one of my favorite garments. Am planning to use it whenever I travel -- I just need to work out some pocket organization, and I'm good to go.

11. Stutoffee

Stutoffee Loaded Pockets

Those Columbia vests look good. I have a couple of pairs of the Venture Convertible pants (legs zip off to make shorts!) that they make.
    As I was buying them for use as work trousers, my bosses classed them as uniform, so with 50% discount off the, already reduced price, I paid £7.50 per pair!!! & the full price was £45.00

12. dowtech

dowtech Loaded Pockets

I bought a pair of Titanium convertibles last year. They are, without a doubt, the lightest pair of pants I've ever owned, yet seem very sturdy. Not sure what the model is (I think I got them from Campmor).

Stu, that was a great score!