1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

EDC/Vehicle go bag... Hurry!

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by 1967marti, May 15, 2019 at 10:44 AM.

1. 1967marti

1967marti Loaded Pockets

Thought I should share this cool deal with the hive mind.

Been looking around for a clam-shell style bag that lays flat (can shove under seats, etc...) that I can keep my :censored: kinda stuff (vac sealed/shrunk IFAK, water filter, extra mag, cash, multitool, burner phone, bag or two of water, etc..) in and easily grabbed if I need to abandon my vehicle and go on foot or attach to a plate carrier.

I was eyeballing the Haley Strategic Flat Pack Plus, but for its price and size I could find a ASAP pack and I also don't like the mini pouch on the front.

Long story short, got an email from AR500 and they are selling some factory blems of their expandable pouch:

https://www.ar500armor.com/plate-carriers/accessories/expandable-hydration-pouch.html

It's smaller than the Flat Pack Plus, but it is a clam-shell design and has velcro lining (unlike the smaller, OG flat pack). No webbing for shoulder straps, but it comes with all the buckles you need to make your own from some cheap 1" webbing.

Video:

These would be great for a ton of other uses with a few mods.

They are 50% off til they clear out the gen 1 stock. I grabbed two and plan on doing a review for you guys once I get them in hand.

Hope this helps someone out!

BigGreenTick, twin63 and zyntherius like this.
  2. ccwaters

ccwaters Loaded Pockets

had me until the $12.32 "standard ground shipping" Looks interesting though!

Jjb5730 likes this.
  3. ferris209

ferris209 Loaded Pockets

Same, I was gonna buy. Up until I got to that also.

ccwaters likes this.
  4. 1967marti

1967marti Loaded Pockets

Yea, the shipping is a bit high. The shipping was the same for one or two, so of course I had to get two :)
    Shipping is via UPS and it went out the same day (today) and tracking shows it arriving on Monday. So, all-in-all the shipping isn't too bad for a quick turn around and UPS.