1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

EDC VAPE anyone?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by Mr.Fox, Sep 12, 2015.

1. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

People are stupid, generally. And more and more people have less and less respect. So, that goes without saying. I support the ability to vape, but I do not support the classless subcultures. But those are prevalent in every corner of life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Wesmanthetiger and Swe_Nurse like this.
  2. Bloke

Bloke Loaded Pockets

I took up vaping.
    I quit cigarettes in one week.
    My health has improved exponentially.
    I don't smell like a stale ashtray.
    I spend WAY less $$ than the $70+ a week I was spending on filthy cancer sticks.

100% success rate for me. Never to return to ciggies!

Andrew C, malraux72, gazz98 and 2 others like this.
  3. RazdrazChelloveck

RazdrazChelloveck Empty Pockets

Hmm... Looks like you may want to research the authors of the paper you cited. https://antithrlies.com/2016/01/14/the-bright-side-of-new-glantz-meta-analysis-at-least-he-left-aerospace-engineering/

Peers have pointed out Glantz's selection bias in multiple occasions yet he will willfully misinterprets the data.

I recommend doing some more research and not just pasting the first google search result of a "peer reviewed" scientific journal that happens to agree with your bias. Unfortunately money has a fantastic way of producing the results someone pays for.

https://antithrlies.com/2016/01/04/casaa-ecig-survey-results/

Swe_Nurse likes this.
  4. Swe_Nurse

Swe_Nurse Loaded Pockets

I don't have any bias and I wasn't googling, I was simply refering to a study I've read recently regarding the subject. I was unaware of the problems with the design and will have to look into this when I have time. For that I apologize and thank you for pointing this out.

This does not however change my stance on e-cigarettes as a "surefire" smoking cessation device, I will maintain that it is dishonest and misleading to claim such a thing given the lack of evidence. At best it seem to be on par with other methods (with the current evidence) but more studies are needed (and a few are ongoing).

Regarding my "bias": I believe that e-cigarettes are effective as smoke cessation (at least partial) and I too have a few friends that have stopped or cut down on smoking when they switched to vaping. But that has little bearing on whether it is an effective method or not, I have friends that stopped cold turkey and never went back but that is hardly evidence that it is an effective method.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

5. GothicVash

GothicVash Loaded Pockets

for the past idk year or 2 ive had at least 1 of my provari+kayfun setups going (usually 2) and the hana with a squape r. i do sometimes bring out the steampunk mod or one of my old gennys

6. drb328
    • In Omnia Paratus

drb328 Loaded Pockets

My set up had changed almost daily for the past two years up until around a month ago. I picked up a coolfire 4 tc100 and a wotofo serpent mini. Since picking that up it has been my go to, especially after picking up some PoH-abolish mint from gas light vapor supply. That stuff so :censored: good

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

7. NosHusky

NosHusky Loaded Pockets

I have a Kbox200 with a Zephyrus V2 tank. 4mg Nicotine Baja Blast mixed at my local shop.

8. H418982

H418982 Loaded Pockets

I have gone through so many setups the last several years. I wanted to love the rev3.a billet box but the rebuildable options and 3amp limit just couldn't give me the dense flavorful vaping I wanted. I got back into squonkers and then the rev4 BB came out. I now have two and almost never leave the house without one in my hands.

Henryhoover and ALLHSS like this.
  9. Mike Brons

Mike Brons Empty Pockets

[​IMG]

Modcrate DNA200, TFV4 with rba. As of Halloween this year I'll be 2 yrs tobacco free.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

10. drb328
    • In Omnia Paratus

drb328 Loaded Pockets

I am quite jealous that toy have not one but two billetboxs. I've been eying them since the v3. Ever decide to sell let be know

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

11. recklesstryg

recklesstryg Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    Had a Kangertech Subox Mini but Upgraded to a Wismec Reuleaux RX75
    Didn't like the Amor Mini tank so replaced it with the Subtank Mini.

12. Andrew C

Andrew C Empty Pockets

I've been vaping for almost two years but am not into it in the same way I was into smoking. I'm glad I switched, but half of the terminology in this thread means nothing to me. I was using a Curve - called something else in America - and have now switched to a Cool Fire IV (a freebie from a colleague afer I stripped the threads on the Curve) with an Aspire Mini Nautilus tank, and I've gone from 24mg to 20mg on the eliquid side. Maybe I should get into it more, if only to distract me from thinking about buying tobacco . . .:)

13. H418982

H418982 Loaded Pockets

I started almost 4 years ago and was really into it about two years ago. People today will never know the struggle of choosing between clearomizers, cartomizers or kayfun lites lol. I am not as into it as I once was and the uncertainty of the looming FDA regulations makes me think about quitting altogether and selling my high end stuff while I still can.