1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

EDC VAPE anyone?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by Mr.Fox, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Queen of Saigon

Queen of Saigon Loaded Pockets

Cuboid 150, I do a 10 wrap with my coils. Glad to see other people with edc vapes.
    [​IMG]

2. iacchus

iacchus Loaded Pockets

Ive got a DNA30 Hana Modz that has always done me right.

3. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

I think dripping it the best and most enjoyable

use reos mods and bottom feeders for work and driving

and a few dripping mods for home

just started using a product called ez dripper, best way to fill a addy ever
    and not expense

4. djren12

djren12 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Love this set up Sigelei touch screen with a tsunami rda

[​IMG]

And my lil squonking rig.

5. callforfire
    • In Omnia Paratus

callforfire Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    SX mini M class (with edc character), erlK, vistavapors menthol crush, Ni coil @ 0.12, cotton wick. I've run through a lot of different attys and mods. This setup is going to stay with me till I quit vaping. been ciggy free since you guys got me into vaping way back in the original thread. I know, I tried. Still smells good and sparks a craving when I'm around smokers, but they taste horrible to me now. I can't even inhale a cig.

6. NelsonIII

NelsonIII Loaded Pockets

FDA regulations today. Enjoy vaping while it lasts. =/

CoolFireIV and an Aspire Cleito for me at .4 ohms.

7. countrydirt

countrydirt Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

IPV D3 and Kanger Subtank mini. Reliable nicotine delivery although I am almost weaned off. Down to 3mg nicotine juices. Soon I will be completely off.

NelsonIII likes this.
  8. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

Hobbies, ladies and gentlemen, are aplenty. I can't even keep up with my own.

But, as long as we're not smoking, that's all that matters. Vape on!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

9. PandaDragon

PandaDragon Empty Pockets

Kangertech k-box 70.

10. Serena

Serena EDC Junkie

My latest setup…

[​IMG]

11. gazz98

gazz98 Loaded Pockets

Geez, watts, ohms, coils, etc. I would have never guessed you were talking about smoking devices.

Just curious, do you consider vaping a way to get off nicotine all together or just a safer way to get nicotine compared to cigs? I've never smoked a cig and I tried a few cigars (weddings, special occasions, etc) and didn't like them. Are these better/different then e-cigs?

12. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

Vaping is a surefire way to kick the habit. Whether you keep the hobby is up to the individual. It is being studied formally at this point but appears to be 99% safer. It's tobacco harm reduction. The word safe makes attorneys nervous. A lot of people vape liquid with no nicotine in it just to enjoy the hobby. The fixation. And the endless flavor concoctions.

I used to love premium cigars. I had my run in with cigarettes and it has been 3 and a half years since either. It works.

These vapes that don't look like little sticks or the typical "middle of the mall" things you're used to seeing are basically just more effective. Provide better flavor, performance and all around experience. Like anything else. Horsepower is a basic analogy.

13. Swe_Nurse

Swe_Nurse Loaded Pockets

What do you mean by a "surefire way to kick the habit"? If you mean that it is a way to stop smoking that is simply not true, it is far from a surefire way to stop smoking as a general statement. See for example Kalkhoran & Glantz (2016). For some it works, for others it doesn't.

I'm all for vaping if one wants to, but it is not a proven effective smoking cessation or TRH (Tobacco Harm Reduction) tool.

14. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

I think that depends on your definition of "proven." If you rely on scientists in a flawed and inaccurate lab setting or the fda, or big tobacco to make that assessment, I feel sorry for you. If you look at the millions who have successfully quit smoking thanks to the Vape industry, that's what I mean by sure fire.

I won't even begin to talk about how much of a threat the vape industry is to state governments, tobacco lobbies, and the cancer industry.

Bloke and Serena like this.
  15. Swe_Nurse

Swe_Nurse Loaded Pockets

I rely on the scientific method (the same one that allows me to send this message), not anecdotes and testimonials. I believe that vaping can be a viable tool to stop smoking but the evidence is just not there to support your claim that it's a surefire way. How do you know "millions" have successfully stopped smoking? How do you know that this is a large part of the ones that have tried? The only way to figure this out is through well-controlled statistical studies and we currently lack those (the few that has been done is not supporting your argument).

The scientific method is not perfect, but it is the only reliable way we have to gauge how effective a treatment is, how common X is or how to best diagnose Y. For the same reason I will trust cephalosporin or tobramycin, not garlic or turmeric if I got a sepsis. Despite claims that both garlic and turmeric works.

16. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

The beauty of this free world (for now) is everyone bases their decisions on what they choose. I personally would never rely on a group with a pretty hefty bias in opposition to the Vape industry to tell me what to think about it.

One of the main issues in scientific testing of this technology is unrealistic and improper conditions for testing. Basically testing these devices in conditions that would never happen under real world use. Sometimes looking at the real world is more accurate than trying to recreate it in a lab.

FDA approved cessation devices are littered with medical side effects, none of which are worth it to me. But they are "proven." But they directly benefit the same people that benefit from hooking you on tobacco products.

Being "part of" the vape community myself, I've seen, read, heard countless success stories. I personally have gotten over a dozen friends/family to outright quit smoking in favor of vapor products.

The Vape industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the past couple years. Industries don't do that if they aren't proven.

Disagree with my looking to reality to confirm my position if you must. I find that to be more valuable in this instance than lab studies. When scientific evaluation of this industry gets more vast and more accurate, maybe I'll change my mind.

Bloke likes this.
  17. Swe_Nurse

Swe_Nurse Loaded Pockets

This is a huge straw man-argument. Scientific studies involving efficacy is not conducted in a lab, they are generally cohort-studies or other observational studies. Arguing that it is not a study of real-life factors is intellectually dishonest and more than a little ignorant.

Countless=millions? I have read many accounts of homeopathic medicine treat every known disease, that doesn't mean that it works. And again, I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying that the basis of your claims are far to limited to make such bold statements.

They are studied, that's not the same as proven. In fact many products have a fairly bad track record for smoking cessation, which is why one should be skeptical about a miracle (or surefire) product.
    The homeopathic industry is worth hundreds of millions, does that mean that poison ivy treats sprains and fractures when diluted and ingested? It's exactly the same. Industries grow because there's a demand for the product, not because it is effective in doing X or Y.
    Once again that is just one giant straw man-argument. Things like this is not tested in a lab.

18. Serena

Serena EDC Junkie

Can we please get back ontopic instead of arguing?

Ataki and Bloke like this.
  19. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

First, I think the word that threw you off was surefire. Admittedly colloquially employed. I'm making no authoritative claims about anything as a whole. I've witnessed enough success proportionately to feel the way I feel. I also believe in homeopathic but not entirely.

Again, little time to dig for citations, but one of the more recent studies succepted a device to easily 10 times the heat and duration than would ever be found in real world use, thus the product was labeled dangerous. That's inaccurate and was tested. So, who do I believe? Scientists and tobacco lobbies with a vested interest in keeping people sick?? No thank you. To discuss fallacies and break down individual diction decisions is not what this forum is for.

20. Wesmanthetiger

Wesmanthetiger Loaded Pockets

Be cautious in this regard as well: the vaping industry is now a multi-billion dollar entity that in a few years will rival big tobacco for wealth, power, and influence. Be careful with believing their claims as well. Personally I am not a fan of vaping unless you are trying to quit due to the fact that it has created a vaping subculture that doesn't respect the simple courtesies that smokers usually show non-smokers. That being said it's a free country and I respect your rights to vape. Just please think of the people around you that don't want to inhale your flavorful cloud. ;)

Edit: To keep from derailing the thread let me add that your average EDC fanatic loves the opportunity to carry more gear, so this should be a popular topic. Even I enjoy seeing how users modify their setups to meet their needs, so keep the pics coming!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk