1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

EDC tool kit

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by BrendanH, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

I forgot to mention -- but @JOE68 reminded me. That garden spade I carry does indeed have a 'D-handle'; the extra grip makes a huge difference!

Thanks !

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

2. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

All depends on how harsh the conditions are where you live,.....one of those folding metal shovels worked for me, I managed to free the wheels of my work van one Winter, middle of London, only a couple of inches snow/ice but the van's wheels couldn't find any traction until I got out and cleared a couple of foot or so.

3. menace2sobriety

menace2sobriety Loaded Pockets

funny, from being a mechanic most of my life and riding an old beat up, garage built, two wheeled HD death machine that required me to carry a small tool kit, for some reason i don't carry tools anymore. I'll probably start piecing together a small set of essential tools to edc. this will probably end up being something that will stay in my truck but i still want to try to keep it minimal and small as i can.

4. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

So this is my EDC belt kit.
    I just transferred it into my backup Skinth as the clip gave up the ghost on my first one.
    This handles a surprising amount of work along with my bigger EDC Folder and Lights!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. JOE68

JOE68 Loaded Pockets

A small folding metal shovel will work, but I've seen ones now that have a collapsible handle and plastic blade. Those won't help with anything but "fluffy" snow. If you live in an area that gets lots of ice/packed down snow, grab a bag of the cheapest, grittiest, non clumping, kitty litter. I keep it in a rubber maid tub sometimes mixed with a little sand, but most times just by itself. This provides traction and will usually help get you going. I keep a "cup" (read decent sized soup can) in the tub for spreading it exactly where I need it.
    One thing that needs mentioning is the distance, season, and locality you are travelling in.
    My summer kit is not as comprehensive as my winter kit.
    Both kits get stuff added to them if I'm going on a trip.

Moshe ben David and WillAdams like this.
  6. tbzbbt

tbzbbt Loaded Pockets

Is your philosophy one of car repair or outback safety and survival? A water- carrying device;sand rescue tracks; portable solar panel; Spare phone and spare batteries, flashlight, compass and paper maps are things I consider important in Australia.

Of course an Esky is vital equipment too, but be adequately supplied.

I can think of plenty more but it depends...
    Tbzbbt

Ps: magnetic telescopic pole is essential for recovering things dropped in an engine.

Moshe ben David and WillAdams like this.
  7. JOE68

JOE68 Loaded Pockets

Or from in a sewer grate.

Part of my regular carry stuff is a power bank so I can recharge my phone and has proven its worth many times.
    Having a fully charged power bank would be a good thing to have in your kit, but you'd have to watch out for temperature extremes causing it damage.
    A car charger for your mobile phone is another option.

WillAdams likes this.
  8. BrendanH

BrendanH Loaded Pockets

It’s more of a safety/preparedness approach, I’d like to be able to do basic repairs plus stay safe and be prepared for general every day life. So the tools I pack should be good for the car plus basic DIY if I’m at a mates or something. It’s summer here so iv added a picnic blanket. Can double as an extra blanket or protect the car from the giant hail here too.