1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

EDC Storage at home

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by Thistle, May 20, 2006.

1. Thistle

Thistle Empty Pockets

Just wondering, when you guys are home, how and where you "stand down" your EDCs?
    Do you store them in containers, cabinets or just leave it on table like what I do.

2. pipedreams

pipedreams Loaded Pockets

I keep my stuff that's not currently in EDC rotation in a wooden machinist's toolbox my great uncle made. It's on my dresser in the bedroom. My stuff in current rotation is on my side table in the livingroom.

todd

3. Stormdrane

Stormdrane Loaded Pockets

I always empty my pockets on my dresser. That way I don't have a problem finding my stuff. If I'm away from home overnight, I always put my stuff in my shoes.

pathwinder14 likes this.
  4. ZenEngineer

ZenEngineer Loaded Pockets

I guess my habits are a little different from most. After undressing each night, I get my clothes for the next day ready, including all the EDC I think I'll need for the next day. That way if I get up at dawn (usually) or the middle of the night (occasionally), then I don't have to find or pick out clothes. Just dress and go.

Always ready...

July 2013 Edit: I still do this every night, laying out my clothes for the next day with pants preloaded with EDC.

Last edited by ZenEngineer, Jul 26, 2013
  5. LowWorm

LowWorm Guest

Same, Stormdrane. Although I've thought it would be nice to have a little more of a formal place for my EDC like todd does, but I'd have to find the right case.

Actually, now that I think of it, my flashlight always sleeps w/me under a pillow or in a small jammie pocket. :zzz:

6. Thistle

Thistle Empty Pockets

Interesting. I thought I am the only one with any storage box.

7. Malcontent

Malcontent Empty Pockets

There is a spot on the kitchen counter that I use for this purpose. I empty my pockets, everything is all together in one place.

8. Stutoffee

Stutoffee Loaded Pockets

I have a plastic tray on my dresser that I dump pocket contents into, knife, torch, keys, lighter, wallet, cash, ring, watch, mobile phone etc. This same tray usually holds the other stuff I rotate as my EDC. I have managed to aquire a jewellers display tray & this very nice piece of kit has about 16 large bot shallow velvet lined compartments which, I think, will hold everything nicely & allow me to do a quick visual check of whats present before I "load up" for the day.

9. AirForceShooter

AirForceShooter Empty Pockets

let's start off with the fact I don't have kids in my house. It's just me and the wife.
    I keep a snubby in the night stand and a .380 in my off at the other end of the house.
    At night my CCW is just laid on my nighttable.

AFS

10. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

I empty my pocketsin the same place everyday. I have a spot on the desk where I have a bandana and some knives and lights sit.

11. bigfoot

bigfoot Loaded Pockets

Plastic storage bins and a closet for stuff not being presently used, camping gear, etc. Probably time to get the duster out.

Day-to-day items are kept in my Bug Out Bag or next to my keys. I guess this gives me a project tonight -- organize a little better. Heck, maybe even choose other EDC stuff.

:dance:

12. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

scríbhneoir Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

I am so ashamed. :-[ I just drop everything on the dining room table, except Cricket and Spin, which go on the nightstand at the end of the day. We eat outside on the terrace a lot. Thanks for the motivation...

13. Stormdrane

I have a 'gadget chest' on one of my nightstands. I found a good deal on ebay for it a few years back. The green felt lined drawers used to be overflowing with knives, multi-tools, flashlights, and all kinds of assorted gadget nick nacks and odds 'n ends. If I ever get things straightened out, I'll be sure to 'restock' it. ;)

[​IMG]

kd7dvd likes this.
  14. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

scríbhneoir Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Okay, I'll bite. What is the lamp? Is that the old metal roller skate of my youth? I edc'd many a key.

15. Stormdrane

That's a sk8r lamp that used to belong to my youngest sister(I have three sisters, all younger). When she went off to college years ago, I confiscated it. I don't think I've been on a skateboard since '88, a friend pulled me around a parking lot at about 35 mph, I caught a rock and it tore the trucks right off the board. I just got a few scrapes, but no more boarding for me.

16. BIG-TARGET

BIG-TARGET Empty Pockets

Either on my dresser or mycomputer table :D

17. Bruiser

Bruiser Loaded Pockets

I have an old empty humidor similar to the one in Stormdrane's pic that sits on my dresser. My pockets get emptied into that every night except for my flashlight and .45 that go to the nightstand next to the bed.

The only thing my nice humidor (inlaid Diamond Crown) is full of, is good cigars. :)

18. camiller

camiller Loaded Pockets

Everything stays in my pants pockets at the foot of the bed. The next morning everyting is transfered to whatever I put on that day. Guess I'm the only slob here :)

19. unterhund

unterhund Empty Pockets

I have a spot on the dresser shelf reserved for my EDC. Except my cell phone, which is also my alarm clock. It goes on my nightstand when I'm down for the night.

20. Gadget Guy

Gadget Guy Banned

I have an old desk that is crammed with all my gadgets. I also have a nice wood tool case for my knives...

GG