1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

EDC shoes/boots that don't suck

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by steviesterno, Apr 28, 2018.

1. JC807

JC807 Loaded Pockets

Adidas ultra boost or Nike Air Max for me. I have arthritis and only wear boots if I really, really have to.

kikaida likes this.
  2. McNasty

McNasty Loaded Pockets

3. Calico Jack

Calico Jack Loaded Pockets

Salomon XA Pro 3D. I own 5 different pair and they have taken over as my favorite shoes of all time!

Tom A Hawk and FORCEGC like this.
  4. Burncycle

Burncycle Loaded Pockets

Your mileage may vary, since some people are neutral while others over or under pronate.

In my case, the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn bar none (from standing / walking 9 hours a day working retail, to spartan races) are the Skechers Go Run. Unfortunately they change the :censored: things every single year and finding them in simple colors (like black / black and white) gets harder and harder. It does have a soft, flexible sole so you do definitely feel the terrain under your feet, but your feet also don't feel like bloody stumps at the end of a long trek or ache at the end of a long day.

I tried Merrell MOAB Ventilator's because I heard special tacti-cool operators wear them :D and I do dig the aesthetics, but to me they feel like when you put your right hand into some left handed scissors, so it just didn't work out. I will at some point try the Salomons though.

FiaOlleDog likes this.
  5. Calico Jack

Calico Jack Loaded Pockets

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that I do overpronate. Before I found Salomon I wore Brooks Adrenaline and Brooks Cascadia. They were both great shoes and I may go back to them at some point but I do not like any of the color options they have had for the past two years.

Burncycle likes this.
  6. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

I wear the Reebok Rapid Response 6" boots for both work and off duty.

Tom A Hawk likes this.
  7. sportsfame18

sportsfame18 Loaded Pockets

Like my Salomon xa pro 3D. Been thinking of picking up a new color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. AirMech74

AirMech74 Loaded Pockets

I started wearing these as my everyday casual/range shoe...Altama OTB Maritime Mids ( I have a pair of lows as well in Multicam) , they are more comfortable than I expected, light weight, good quality and made to get wet, the bottom of the tread is grippy so might be ok for light trails. I did however change out the inserts to some with a lil better arch support....love'em.

[​IMG]

9. FiaOlleDog

FiaOlleDog Loaded Pockets

Have to add (afer wearing them for some time now): adidas Terrex Swift R GTX (Goretex, available as sneakers and mid size boots).

10. sportsfame18

sportsfame18 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FiaOlleDog likes this.
  11. BioHazardx

BioHazardx Loaded Pockets

I'd also recommend anything from Oboz. Reasonably priced - a design similar to Keen but seem to have a wider toe box and better arch support for me. I regularly wear their Hyalite around town and Firebrands if I need a more aggressive sole.

12. FiaOlleDog

FiaOlleDog Loaded Pockets

In 2019 my Adidas Terrex Swift R GTX Gore-Tex Mid have seen some good usage in bad weather.
    Comfortable, breathing, good grip and solid - recommended for EDC, also they are marketed as hiking boots.

For good weather my GEOX still rock; also I re-tried the HAIX and it looks like they need to be broken-in as they get more comfortable every time i wear them.

kikaida likes this.
  13. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

Those are actually on my want list. Only problem is that my Reeboks are still in very good shape, and I can't justify having these shoes yet. When it comes time to replace my Reeboks, I'll be seeking these out.

FiaOlleDog likes this.
  14. ballistic

ballistic Loaded Pockets

Last edited by ballistic, Jan 19, 2020
    #34 ballistic, Jan 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  15. rat-7

rat-7 Loaded Pockets

Redback pull-ons. They have replaced Bluntstones as my favs.

16. kye4some

kye4some Loaded Pockets

Redwing Heritage Moc 875’s [​IMG]

“The rights of conscience, of bearing arms, of changing the government, are declared to be inherent in the people.”

Fisher Ames

Moshe ben David, Max. and echo victor like this.
  17. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

I currently use, on a daily basis whether at work or in my own time, a pair of Timberland Chocorua Trail Men's Hiking Boots. Excellent boots, comfortable, good gripping soles, good for walking and driving (I'm a professional driver), probably the most comfortable boots I've owned in a goodly long time. Now, I wear mine in a temperate climate (England), so I don't know how they'd be in your hot and arid one, but they're worth a look, none the less.

18. hkusp9f

hkusp9f Loaded Pockets

I've been using Five 10 guide teenies...they are available in suede and canvas...

19. MORT

MORT Loaded Pockets

I like Walmart hikers, fit great out of the box, fairly grippy, look good and with any luck might last a year. It's the perfect $20 shoe.