1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

EDC related podcasts

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by aicolainen, Aug 11, 2022.

1. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

The title sounds kind of nerdy, but let me explain.
    I'm not looking for a way to keep up with the world of EDC at every waking hour.
    I listen to a lot of podcasts while I do other stuff, usually to keep myself updated on science, news, politics, health... all of that jazz. But sometimes I hit the overload zone with the serious stuff, and just want to listen to something really unimportant for a while, but still useful enough to be interesting.

So, I obviously like tools and related gear that makes life easier and helps me get stuff done.
    And I have found quite a few podcasts dedicated to EDC or more specific sub-categories like knives etc. but they all su.. ehh well, they ain't very good.

It's pretty much either a very fashion oriented approach heavily focused on pocket bling and fancy designs.
    Or way over in the other camp of preppers and survivalists.

I want the boring stuff right in the middle. Real life user experience from people who use their stuff, tips, tricks, DIY, etc.

Does it even exist?

2. ox71

ox71 Loaded Pockets

Just pay attention to the people that use the same stuff for years instead of the next new thing every week.
    I recently bought a small pouch thinking I would use it to put some essentials in...well that was a waste of time because I like the utility of having the stuff ready to use from simply dipping into the pocket instead of pocket to hand, unzip, search, retrieve.
    Reviewers paint a great picture, but most of what they're selling is crap

tera tike and Hi-up Lineman like this.
  3. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

I agree. That’s kind of what I look for. Don’t really expect to find anything, cause I imagine it’s kind of hard to do, and doesn’t attract a lot of sponsors and advertisers.

Agree regarding the pouch as well.
    Haven’t tried, as I recognized that issue without trying.
    I have some bigger ones that I use to stash tools etc. in my vehicles. But that’s a completely different size class and use case entirely.

ox71 likes this.
  4. Bad Company

Bad Company Loaded Pockets

Great subject thread.
    Not a podcast, but another site.

I originally thought that www.everydaycarry.com was a forum to discuss new edc items.

However, I was extremely disappointed that it turned out to be disguised as a front to sell stuff from Amazon.

5. Hi-up Lineman
    • In Omnia Paratus

Hi-up Lineman Loaded Pockets

BUT, you can stick cool moral patches or Ranger Eyes to the velcro on the pouch !

ox71 likes this.
  6. ox71

ox71 Loaded Pockets

No, it's not one of the gucci ones, it has hook on the back to attach inside or outside a bag.
    I'll find a use for it if I ever switch to a bag with less organization
    Or I'll just put my charging cable and block in it to charge my bt speaker.

Hi-up Lineman likes this.