1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

EDC RAT 3?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by MagicDot, Nov 13, 2008.

1. MagicDot

MagicDot Loaded Pockets

..is it possible to edc a rat 3 or is it just too big and intimidating? I'm still looking at the BRKT MiniNorthstar or something along that line from them.. I might as well give up trying to find the "perfect" blade and just break down and buy all the ones that interest me. ;) ..now I just need a job that will afford me such guilty pleasures.

2. ReadyFreddy23

ReadyFreddy23 Loaded Pockets

It depends on your daily activities and what you wear.

I EDC a Fixed Blade Gerber Gator (inside my Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack). I couldn't carry it on my body because of work attire.

BTW, I wouldn't buy the RAT 3 which is made by Ontario because of the way Ontario has handled the situation with Randall's Adventure & Training (RAT).

Here is a quote from RAT's website.

"Important Note: RAT only guarantees and offers customer service on knives built by RAT Cutlery Company and does not guarantee or offer any customer service for knives that are manufactured by any other company, regardless of the misuse of our trademarks."

Make sure the knife you buy is marked RC-3 not RAT 3.

3. MagicDot

MagicDot Loaded Pockets

..I wish one of the ways knives would be displayed online is someone holding it. ..that really gives you a better impression of these blades.

4. ddashner

ddashner Loaded Pockets

Blade forums has plenty of such pictures.
    RAT Cutlery

5. KaBarred

KaBarred Empty Pockets

The RAT cutlery RC-3 is a great blade. But I will say that i might look a little intimidating to non-knife people, but I think it's small enough where you could EDC it no problem

6. balldboy

balldboy Loaded Pockets

IF I'm wearing a hoodie, I'll neck carry my RAT3 and folks are none the wiser.

Pete

7. moonshinematt

moonshinematt Empty Pockets

8. moonshinematt

moonshinematt Empty Pockets

9. whiskey

whiskey Loaded Pockets

I had a friend make this sheath for me. It really carries nice. It keeps the knife high and tight to my body. I could easily EDC, though I don't. I carry sometimes, but my business dress doesn't really accommodate this type of belt knife. I keep it in a Max Jumbo when not carrying it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. John Frederick

John Frederick Loaded Pockets

Beautiful leather work!! :highfive: What's the story on the handle? Is that an over-wrap or a re-wrap?

11. fishwolf

fishwolf Loaded Pockets

12. whiskey

whiskey Loaded Pockets

That knife (and the pics) belong to the sheath maker. I am pretty sure it is an over-wrap though. It is a beautiful sheath. He does excellent work. When he was designing a sheath for me I sent a couple emails asking him how much money I needed to send him. One day the sheath showed up in the mailbox with a Merry Christmas note attached. I was elated to be given such a nice sheath.

13. filedog

filedog Loaded Pockets

Personal decision. Too big for me, I like folders. RC-3's a GREAT blade tho. If you're gonna conceal it,you just have to try and see if it's comfortable.

14. Aaron SBT

Aaron SBT Empty Pockets

If you like RAT stuff, but want concealability, the Izula is a great little necker. There are a couple threads regarding that knife around here, including one that I started shortly after I received my Izula and began carrying it. I've actually been carrying my Izula on the belt, horizontally, using a tactical tailor Malice clip threaded through the sheath as a belt loop.

15. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

The Rat 3 will be in the forum soon.