1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

EDC Pocket Kits

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by coyote, Jan 27, 2011.

1. coyote

coyote Loaded Pockets

if you mean the short black leatherman, it was called the Mini Tool. they're long out of production. google them and see if you can find one. although only about as long folders as the current Squirt when folded, it was a real set of pliers, almost as large as a Wave when the sides of the handles were folded out.

and if you mean the titanium single-blade, that is a William Henry B09-FT. of all the knives i've tried, it's been the one i most carry.

2. enki_ck

enki_ck Loaded Pockets

LM mini tool: retired model
    http://www.leatherman.com/product/Mini%20Tool

William Henry
    http://www.williamhenrystudio.com/product-detail.cfm?knife_id=39

Edit:
    I almost guessed the WH :laugh:

What is that folder between the Fenix E05 and the black sak Classic? I like small folders and that one seems interesting.

BTW gorgeous collection and nice idea on the pouches. I did something similar with faux leather too.

3. coyote

coyote Loaded Pockets

pretty close enki_ck.

you have the Mini Tool correctly. and as shown there, it usually came in silver, but a few were made in black too.

but your link to the WH is a bit off. the one you've linked is the current bigger B12 model with gems and pocket clip.

here's a link to the current version of mine called the B09-TZ which also has the gems and pocket clip.

my old B09-FT was "gemless" and has no clip.

4. kwesi

kwesi Empty Pockets

Me too!

Hello,

same tool preferences, same Idea ;D :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the pics show the evolution of my toolset, just changed it again: switched to a 4sevens Preon ReVo instead of the CR2. The form factor of the CR2 was nicer, but the slim ReVo feels better in my rear pocket and can use eneloops instead of primaries.

Greetings
    Peter

5. coyote

coyote Loaded Pockets

great minds think alike. :)

6. pelotonjon

pelotonjon Loaded Pockets

These look really cool.

7. coyote

coyote Loaded Pockets

hey buddy, that was called a gerber STL 2.0 that retailed for around $20. was a single blade frame-lock that was very small and light: one ounce with a 2.1" blade. discontinued but still available on amazon HERE

8. simmerdownjack

simmerdownjack Loaded Pockets

coyote-
    what model fenix is the one between the kershaw and lm minitool and what flashlight is the one that you have paired up with the seecamp?

9. Foxfire

Foxfire Loaded Pockets

Nice looking pocket kits. Both have given me good ideas.

10. enki_ck

enki_ck Loaded Pockets

Thanks, I like the worn look of yours a lot better then the new one. Amazon doesn't ship anything but books and cds let alone knives to my country, and the only other seller that does charges 25usd just for shipping ???

I like this game, maybe we should have a thread "Name that EDC item" :laugh:

Fenix E0, the predecessor of the E01 http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/fenix_e0.htm

and

Arc-AAA http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/arc_aaa-p.htm

11. coyote

coyote Loaded Pockets

bummer about amazon. hummm... problem will always be shipping costs out of the USA. its ridiculously expensive to ship to places like croatia (although not $25).

yep, exactly. very good, you pretty much got those two.
    but what you couldn't see was that the Arc AAA was custom modified by Millermods to a two-level Cree R2 putting out a blinding 130 lumen on high & 10 lumen on low. nicest light i've ever owned.

12. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

What?! You can't come in here and post awesome pics like that right off the bat - you make the rest of us look bad. Come in here and ask rookie questions and pretend you don't know anything, then post those pictures.

Seriously, though, nice EDC and nice work on the pouches.:thumbsup:

13. enki_ck

enki_ck Loaded Pockets

I never could understand the thinking behind that, paying 125% of the items price for shipping. (I often find stores bragging they shipp internationally and then find out they charge $60 shipping for a $5 spydie bug) You just drive your customers away that way. Especially if I know that a shipment actually costs them $3.5-5. The worst is that I have to pay customs fees and taxes on the shipping too. Ah, the pleasures of a non-american EDC-er.

Luckily most flashlights I can get with free or low shipping. Speaking of which, no DQG Tiny in your rotations? ;D It's been a month and a half and I still haven't gotten mine. :'(

14. coyote

coyote Loaded Pockets

funny you should ask that: yes, i'm finding a really enjoy my Tiny so i'm build yet another kit around it. but first i need to get a kershaw chive 1600SS in high polish stainless to match it, so i'm saving my pennies...

hope your's comes soon. but fear not as Ric has delivered so far. problem does appear to be cinese mails. it was almost 8 weeks before i saw mine, so just be patient :)

15. dimeotane

dimeotane Loaded Pockets

Thanks so much Coyote for posting those great pictures of your leather cases.

Really inspiring! I liked them so much I made one myself today.

It took a few hours to make from scrap leather from an old leather coat and was well worth it!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It slips in perfectly inside the front pocket of my bag. I like how it keeps all the items from falling in a pile at the bottom of the bag. It keeps them from getting scratched up and makes them easier to find. It can be rolled up as well.

16. coyote

coyote Loaded Pockets

nicely done dimeotane. even looks like the same sort of leather i used.

you'll find that so :censored: handy you may end up like me: constantly looking for just the right items for your next kit.

i look for them in the same length, or thickness, or materials (like titanium, or stainless, or aluminum...).

and as shown, i also have different types of kits: fancy expensive kits, cheapie "beater" kits, camping kits, city kits... the options are endless and its become a hobby unto itself.

17. q_werty

q_werty Empty Pockets

Anyone reccomend a good leather supplier?

18. robertrock

robertrock Loaded Pockets

19. Mike Grandin

Mike Grandin Loaded Pockets

Some very good stuff here, has given me some idea's, Everyone keep the ideas coming!!

20. ky70

ky70 Loaded Pockets

Love these pouches. I'm looking for something to go into the pocket that will hold my knife, flashlight and also my 6" collapsible baton. Is there anyone selling these type of open pocket pouches?