1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

EDC Pocket Kits

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by jds1, Apr 8, 2020.

1. SOS24

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

Mine are the dyneema and they are surprisingly durable. I can understand not liking a zipper wallet. I like the security factor. In questionable areas, especially traveling I tend to split my wallet. The most important but not as much used go in a small zipper pouch that has a loop inside the waistband tied to belt. This pouch is perfect for that.

jag-engr likes this.
  2. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

Mine are the ROBIC Extreema (HDPE Gridstop made with dyneema), so your experience bodes well for me.

I can definitely see that. I've considered the CountyComm Deep Cover Clip Pouch (like Nathaniel Whiteinge recommended above) for a similar use.

SOS24 likes this.
  3. Nathaniel Whiteinge

Nathaniel Whiteinge Empty Pockets

I was initially on the fence about pocket-carrying these but I can't get over the reach. I just went out to winterize the sprinklers and thought for sure I'd have to go in to grab something a little bigger. But nope, not only do they fit on the solenoid they even have a little extra room to really bite down. They were spendy but wow have they gotten a lot of use just in the last couple months. :)

[​IMG]

Whaaat? Nice find! It's not listed on wihatools.com and now I have questions. Thanks! I just ordered one and I'll report back with a comparison.

4. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

I got a pair of cheap water pump pliers this summer just to try out, and I am hooked. They perform far better than my previous go-to pliers, channel locks. As I noted above, I also found a cheap set of tiny channel locks to be extremely functional. I can only imagine how capable a set of premium mini water pump pliers could be! :smile_coffee:

I look forward to your report. I really like your pocket tool pouch as a no-compromise alternative to a multitool. I typically carry a Leatherman Wave+ when I need a multitool, but I generally just use the pliers, saw, and bit driver.

FiaOlleDog likes this.
  5. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

What mini ratchet driver is that?

Nick4305 likes this.
  6. Nathaniel Whiteinge

Nathaniel Whiteinge Empty Pockets

:smile_coffee:

Looks like shipping will be about three weeks. :sleep:

The Wave looks nice. I haven't yet figured out a good saw solution for me. (Though CountyComm has a handle I want to experiment with.) I may just need to put a good multi tool in my near-EDC bag to round things out.

That is the Topeak ratchet. The little carrying case it comes with is also pretty nice (and does fit the 4" Knipex in place of the tire wedges). I also have a little Craftsman mini ratchet that fits the Leatherman flat bits great and has a slight bend to it which feels much nicer in the hand. However the additional 1/4" driver on the butt of the Topeak provides a lot of reach that comes in handy frequently enough.

7. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

It is my favorite of the Leatherman offerings. Do get the Wave+, though - it has replaceable carbide cutters on the pliers.

If you are carrying it in a bag, the Opinel No. 12 Folding Saw looks promising.

Nathaniel Whiteinge likes this.
  8. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

...It looks like a Katana Mini Ratchet to me, but i'm not sure of this.

9. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I didnt think it would fit really but the tiny Knipex do go right into the Chums Wallet along with an Arm Bar and magnetic 1/4" extension and I am looking for appropriate bit to stick in the front clear pocket too.

These Chums Wallets are the best thing I have found in this size range to date.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. mash4077

mash4077 Loaded Pockets

Kind of looks like the Sun Company Gocompass.

Nathaniel Whiteinge likes this.