1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Edc pants

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by tattoosteve99, Jun 28, 2011.

1. tattoosteve99
    • In Omnia Paratus

tattoosteve99 EDC Junkie!!!

I'm looking for some edc pants similar to emt pants. Black in color. Maybe a pocket on the side like carpenter pants have. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

2. G.T.

G.T. Loaded Pockets

They don't plan to restock these until September but they are affordable, comfortable, and have heaps of pockets and upgrade features to make them worth a peek if they have your size in stock.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/elastic-waist-operator-pant.html

If you decide to try a pair or two use this limited time coupon code for 15% off.

Code:
    pants15

3. randal

randal Loaded Pockets

I wear Wrangler cargo pants that I buy at Wally World. 100% cotton, good size cargo pockets, they have them in black. The left cargo pocket has a small pocket on the top that fits my EDC flashlight pretty well. My only complaint is that they use velcro to secure the cargo pocket flaps, I wish they would use buttons instead.

4. tattoosteve99
    • In Omnia Paratus

5. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

big vertx fan here,, great for edc,, and the most comfy to wear...washes and wears well too..

6. Rawls

Rawls Loaded Pockets

Not sure about you, but I WEAR my pants, instead of carrying them. Oh my god, that was a terrible joke.

Seriously, they are tactical by any means, but the Duluth Trading Company cargo pants are really nice.

7. sfprops

sfprops Loaded Pockets

...and the funny thing is, that you would save $3 per pair of LAPOLICEGEAR tactical pants, yet the shipping on a pair of those pants are $3 more than similar pants made by other manufacturers (9.99 versus 12.99 for USPS Priority). Not really that much of a deal considering they seem to be engaging in funny business with the shipping, unless their pants are WAY heavier than say the 5.11 or Vertx pants.

8. Silver Trooper

Silver Trooper Loaded Pockets

Tru Spec 24/7. I have worn at least five different styles of "tactical" or EMT pants and like them the best. Pocket size and placement is perfect and they have just enough velcro to secure without having the entire pocket flap covered. I just bought six pairs of shorts from LAPG for about $20 each on sale. The quality and the elastic waistband set them apart from the rest of the crowd. Now, if they just offered them with button closure instead of velcro...they really would be perfect!

9. neutrontech
    • In Omnia Paratus

neutrontech Loaded Pockets

I personally wear Eddie Bauer pants most of the time. One particular style, that I have, is has multiple compartment cargo pockets. They are very functional. I primarily wear their convertible pants, though. They are so light, and so convenient.

I also have a few pair of the Walmart Wranglers like Randal. The extra pocket on the left is perfect for a light, multitool, phone, or whatever you need quick access too. For the price, they are hard to beat. Quite durable, actually.

10. G.T.

G.T. Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

First post to slam someone for "engaging in funny business with the shipping?" Have you called to confirm accurate shipping on your orders instead of using the website shipping calculator? To my knowledge websites are still mostly built by humans requiring them to actually punch in the required data and I'm certain that if we look far and wide enough we may possibly find a human that will admit to making at least one mistake once in their life. Most times I've ordered I've done so via the phone and have received an accurate shipping rate which depending on the order I saved on shipping or paid a bit more in comparison from when I used the website shipping calculator.

Should I be so enraged that a reputable online dealer who was selling duty carried Sig Sauer P226's had them listed for $18.90 each for orders of ten or more on their website and then refused to honor that price when I called them to inquire what the rate would be if I ordered one hundred? Maybe I should create an anonymous account on a web forum and post a dig and stamp my foot? It may very well be possible that the powers to be aren't aware of the discrepancy and would appreciate a quick call informing them of the discrepancy.

Worst case, you can resort to holding your breath too...

11. sfprops

sfprops Loaded Pockets

I'm a long-time reader. I just saw the discount, went to check it out and possibly buy, and thought others would be interested in the observation I made. Since I had something to contribute, I thought I'd go ahead and sign up.

I guess I could, but most people don't do that. They mark what they want, place the order, and then enter their credit card if the total is correct. It would seem an odd coincidence that they'd get a shipping price wrong on one of the cheapest (comparatively) products they sell and push hard, and it just so happens to be by the same amount the discount they are giving. I conceded that there may be some unknown at play here, like maybe their pants were REALLY heavy, but just wanted everyone to have the "heads up" before buying. If others wanted to check the shipping, they are welcome to.

People can vote with their dollars. Vendors playing games with shipping/handling/processing is a pet peeve of mine. They are welcome to do that if that's what they are doing, but I don't believe there's anything wrong with sharing the observation so others can decide for themselves or do more investigation if they chose.

Thanks for the feedback.

12. neutrontech
    • In Omnia Paratus

Having a bad day?

13. tattoosteve99
    • In Omnia Paratus

Ahhhh can we get this thread back on subject please :p

14. G.T.

G.T. Loaded Pockets

You can have it, I'm done with the trolls.

15. niagaratac

niagaratac Loaded Pockets

5.11 Tac pro pants or shorts they both rule though are sized abit big. Check you tube videos other have dome that got me on to them.

16. neutrontech
    • In Omnia Paratus

Who was trolling? Your post was the one that caused this thread to drift. All he did was point out a discrepancy, so that we would be aware of it, should we choose to order from that site. Somehow this offended you and you went off the deep end on him.

Back on topic: Normans has some pretty cheap cargo pants as well. They even have the ones that are lined, which are perfect for the winter.

17. Prepared American

Prepared American Loaded Pockets

+1 on the Try Spec 24/7. These are issued at one of the jobs I work and are excellent for edc.

18. shoeglue

shoeglue Loaded Pockets

I find myself wearing my elbeco's alot outside of work. You should check em' out.

19. 58sniper

58sniper Loaded Pockets

I wear 5.11 tactical pants almost exclusively, especially when doing executive protection work. Plus, you can get the hidden knee pads for them. The extra coverage in the corners of the pockets are nice if you carry clip style knives.

20. sasquatch

sasquatch Loaded Pockets

Carhartt dungaree fit carpenters. Pick out the stitching across the bottom of the watch pocket to carry your iPhone. Side pockets on both sides.