1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

EDC on special days

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by Daveho, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Daveho

Daveho Loaded Pockets

On the 21st my wife and I welcomed our son into the world, my son ended up in the NICU and my wife was also hospitalised for a while-
    Adapting to life in hospital-my EDC turned out to be indespensable from cutting up apples for my wife, signing paperwork and timing contractions these items really got me out of some situations.
    [​IMG]
    1. Seiko SKX009 on Sydney Strap co nato
    2. GEC #15 navy knife
    3. Twsbi Eco 1.1mm stub nib
    4. Walter wallet

2. Getahl

Getahl Loaded Pockets

Sorry to hear your boy is in the NICU. Hope he and your wife get out soon.

When we had our second, she had her own complications. We spent about eight weeks juggling overnights in the hospital, and a 3 year old at home. EDC wise, there wasn't a single thing that saved my sanity. I left the big knives at home, but used the Classic on my keychain to open snacks, and even tightened the latch on our room's bathroom once. Didn't need to take notes during doc and nurse visits, there was a wall sized whiteboard where we recorded our questions and data. Plenty of ambient light during the night, so flashlight wasn't really needed. We spent those two months sleeping, keeping ourselves, going to exams. For the most part, the stuff in my pocket wasn't really needed.

3. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

After traveling through TSA, I had a destination wedding so no guns or blades. But I did get married with a flashlight and pen in my tux just because.

When our daughter was born, I had the standard EDC and EDC bag minus pistol.

I hope all is well with your family now. Cheers. Here's to the good life.

ProjeKtWEREWOLF likes this.