1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

edc (minus the hat, i have too many hats..)

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by hoeyxd, Jul 18, 2010.

1. hoeyxd

hoeyxd Empty Pockets

[​IMG]

tamrac camera bag
    udap jogger fogger
    benchmade 755 mpr
    surefire e2d
    blackhawk rigger belt
    generic water bottle
    passport holder
    a good book
    wallet, cellphone, keys
    locktight lock
    blackhawk medical pouch

2. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

i like your edc...what no multitool...gotta have a multitool

3. hoeyxd

hoeyxd Empty Pockets

yeah, i'm still trying to decide what kind to get. and my addiction to surefire doesn't help..

4. WARFIST

WARFIST Banned

victorinox multitools are the best! better grade steels and polished handles. will last way longer than a leatherman or sog.

5. Bas Rutten

Bas Rutten Empty Pockets

haha a victorinox swisstool lasting longer than a leatherman st300 or a spirit lasting longer than the leatherman pulse or wave? You're a funny guy warfist. Sorry but Ill take leathermans 420HC blade steel over Victorinox soft proprietary blade steel anyday of the week. also the polished finish of the swisstools is a fine example of style over function (slippery grip, drivers that slip and awful finger print smudge)

6. phill

phill Loaded Pockets

Victorinox is considered better by pretty much everyone who has used both. Multitool.org rave hard about how good they are and they are true MT nerds.

Also their steel has been used for like a century, there are reasons they havent changed to 420HC or similar despite being the worlds largest knife maker.

7. Golden

Golden Loaded Pockets

No they aren't. Many people prefer the Leatherman tools for one hand deployable blades (and blade shapes) and handle designs which they prefer (The original swisstool looks blocky, the spirit looks like it has a big hole in it).

And the steel that Victorinox uses isn't "better", its just different. You trade tool hardness and some edge holding capability in 420HC for a high chromium "surgical" steel that requires little maintenance to prevent corrosion but that must be sharpened more often. Leatherman also puts out models with higher grade knife steels like 154CM and S30V, an option that Victorinox sorely lacks.

BTW, we're very off topic lolz

8. hoeyxd

hoeyxd Empty Pockets

haha, i'm pretty sure the difference between the two's quality is hairs length. maybe a hair and a half