1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

EDC item needed for when I'm in meetings and bored

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by alligator, Dec 12, 2009.

1. WOT

WOT Loaded Pockets

I use to carry a 2ft to 3ft section of 9mm rope in my pocket. During meetings or continuing training sessions, I would practice knots under the table.

Make a list of all the knots you want to learn, then start practicing.

Soon, during these meetings you will be able to tie those knots without even looking at the rope. It will keep you awake, entertained and not totally disengaged from the meeting. In fact, it will look like your paying full attention to what is going on in the meeting.

Work your way through your list of knots, and soon you will be able to do them with your eyes closed. BRC

2. dewaddict

dewaddict Empty Pockets

There's an App for that!!! Iphone or Ipod touch and you'll never be bored again apps, music, podcasts, books, movies you name it.

3. Splice

Splice Loaded Pockets

I always found it very cathartic to just play around with my Leatherman Juice S2. I like the clicking sounds all the tools make when setting into place

4. Mister Scribble

Mister Scribble Loaded Pockets

Meetings are a huge corporate waste of time. I've been a freelancer since 1988 so I've been able to escape them. But I hear that
    there are so many meetings so that no one has to take responsibility for anything.

If there are two things I really hate they are

1) Multi-tasking--it takes you 20 minutes to figure out where you were in a project and get back into the groove of productive work
    Instead of doing one thing well you are forced to do 20 things in a half-***ed manner. A sense of completion satisfaction goes down the drain.
    2) Meetings, constant interruptions, time wasting things so you can't get your work done.

I always kept my door closed because I liked privacy, but it made people think I was anti-social and aloof. However I do like to work alone.

I'm a writer, we're often like that.

...What about a keychain Etch-A-Sketch to fight boredom? Keychain Rubic's Cube (if they're still available)?

5. r080

r080 Loaded Pockets

Sometimes when the meeting gets irrelevant to me, I take apart my pen, set all the pieces on end, then put it back together, repeat.

6. CF

CF Loaded Pockets

I usually text my buddy to during these kinds of scenarios. It's even great when he's in the same meeting. Send something to him that might make him burst out with laughter .... that's very entertaining for boring meetings. Additionally, if there is someone in the meeting who you can make friendly fun of (without their knowing) via text messaging, I'd give that a shot too. Try taking pictures of the person, then draw on the pictures, and send it to your buddy. Don't forget to send an applicable audio sound with the text .... if you know what I mean.

:)

7. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Empty Pockets

PDA. Works well.

8. Bas and Lokes Straps

Bas and Lokes Straps Empty Pockets

I found this really hilarious! LOL

9. expeditionary

expeditionary Loaded Pockets

couldnt agree more on the short piece of rope and the apps. those both have gotten me through short meetings that go into all day adventures.

10. Sealegs

Sealegs Loaded Pockets

11. powernoodle

powernoodle Loaded Pockets

Get Slingbox on your Blackberry/iPhone or laptop. Watch your home tv while at the meeting. www.slingmedia.com

[​IMG]
    ESPN on my Blackberry 9700.

12. sklnxbones

sklnxbones Loaded Pockets

ok this just might get you fired, but you would go out laughing your ***** off...

http://www.baronbob.com/fartmachine-number2.htm

I think it would make your meetings really entertaining... put it under your bosses chair and let 'em rip

13. Travis

Travis Loaded Pockets

Blackberry with internet.

14. gpturner

gpturner Empty Pockets

I simply always carry a pen and doodle and write thoughts helps me absorb more

15. artaxerxes

artaxerxes Loaded Pockets

A stainless steel anti-stress ring that my girlfriend bought me.The top part with the tribal on it rotates :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. CaptainBob

CaptainBob Empty Pockets

or you could pay attention in the meeting!

just sayn'.

17. Krustofski

Krustofski Loaded Pockets

95 % of all meetings are unnecessary, useless, and a general waste of time. You really don't need to pay attention to any of these. Unfortunately, you'd only find out whether you're sitting in one of the other 5% if you were paying attention. And there the cat bites its tail.

I just take notepad and a pencil into meetings. When it turns out to be boring, I begin to draw. That way it looks like I'm taking notes ^^

18. 25thhour

25thhour Loaded Pockets

Don't know how I managed prior to iPhone. Boring/pointless meetings fly by now. It's assumed you're making notes, actions or emailing

19. Straza

Straza Loaded Pockets