1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

EDC into movie theater

Discussion in 'Where, When, & How Do We Carry All This Stuff?' started by Cervantes, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Bushman5

Bushman5 Loaded Pockets

my movie EDC is based on what might happen when there is a fire or similar and people start panicking and rushing the exits or emergency stairs:

- shemagh (sling, dust/smoke mask, bandage)
    - TOPS window punch/pry bar
    - Spyderco RescueAssist knife with carbide glass breaker
    - Jetbeam M1X (cuts thru smoke like a laser)
    - SF E1l backup
    - water bottle
    - FAK
    - 50' 4mm Kernmantle cord (sounds like a big item but it fits into a pocket)
    - sharpie/notebook
    - flagging tape (mark where i have been so i dont run in circles if trying to escape)
    - wire cutters
    -

oh and of course any kind of food i want to smuggle in! :evilgrin: i'm quite partial to cold pizza!

2. Pyromaniac96

Pyromaniac96 Empty Pockets

Do you actually mark where you have been? I have to admit, I would let out a chuckle if I saw someone tagging there way in and out of a theatre. Then again, I probably wouldn't be laughing if I was asphyxiating in a smoke filled enclosure while that person was already halfway home. At least i wouldn't have to worry about those annoying little half-popped kernels of popcorn :popcorn: :lolhammer:

3. Bushman5

Bushman5 Loaded Pockets

no the flagging tape is for if i ever had to leave the theater and try to find my way out. I would flag stairwells/doors/ etc as i past them so i would'nt go back that way accidently if turned around or disoriented. I could also use my jumbo Sharpie to scrawl an "X" or something. It will probably never happen but hell i'm prepped for it.

4. Pyromaniac96

Pyromaniac96 Empty Pockets

Ohhh. Well, better prepared than a pile of burnt flesh :D

5. Cervantes

Cervantes Loaded Pockets

I installed a commercial phone system in a mansion in River Oaks neighborhood of Houston TX. They had a theater in the home. I EDC'c my tools there cuz I was working there... It's tru though, they were the rudest people ever. And they seemed so disappointed for no reason. Maybe it was that particular family. We would frequently get blocked in the driveway and when attempting to find the owner of the vehicle to ask if it could maybe be moved so we could go home for the day.. nobody knew who it was or where that person could be. This was a family of 6, every single person was in their own room in this enormous house with a theater inside of it. I don't know, off on a tangent on my own thread.

6. WoodMotorsports

WoodMotorsports Loaded Pockets

I hadn't even considered it an EDC thing, but my wife is ahead of me on this one. She carries her "movie bag" in the trunk at all times, ready for any time the need for a flick overcomes her. I'm not a big fan of the theater, mainly because I'm not a big fan of humans....I tend to get a little more than pissed when someone starts talking on a cell phone when I've paid to see a movie, so it's usually her and my daughter. I didn't even know about her setup until the last Tarantino flick came out. She's got two airline style blankets, popcorn seasoning, handy wipes, soda of choice, and some other snack type foods. Oh, and chapstick in case the salty popcorn gets to you. It is a pretty nice setup.

7. rtrwv

rtrwv Empty Pockets

The letter from my doctor states that this individual being diabetic and requiring special selective dietary item at specific time intervals is required to carry specific food items with him at all times. Failure to allow the consumption of these food items in any place or in a timely manner may incapicitate the individual and carry certain legal liabilities for any persons interfering with or stopping said consumption.

Thus I have never been told no anywhere even at dinners out in swank restaurants. They read the letter, rarely necessary, and acquiesse to my needs. Needless to say I don't always eat right and I leave the seats tables or aisles like I were eating at home, clean and tidy!

Yeah it's bull$&!+ but it works for me!