1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

EDC in swim shorts

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by Sparkdave, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Sparkdave

Sparkdave Loaded Pockets

Ive recently moved to tenerife and as I work around the water I wear swim shorts. But you only have 2 pockets how do people edc in swim or sweat shorts?

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  2. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

Well, I have three options:

1. Belly band: these flesh tone wide elastic bands are worn under a shirt and can hold several items in the provided pouches.
    2. Thunder-wear: a cloth pouch held in place with a one inch strap around the waist. Is worn in front under shorts or swim trunks and usually has one or two pouches.
    3. What we in the USA call a "fanny pack" (my apologies to you Brits): worn over a pair of shorts or swim trunks in either the front, side, or back position.

I've used all of them. However, usually in the Summer I go with the belly band. Works for me but your mileage may vary.

kertap75 likes this.
  3. wildborego

wildborego EDC Junkie!!!!!

I say the fanny pack would be a better option because you can mod it more

nursetim 40 and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  4. BSR

BSR Loaded Pockets

I'm about to retire to Europe, and live on a beach. Swim shorts are something only worn by "tourists", so I'm wondering how I would EDC in a speedo?

:bounce: ....sorry....couldn't resist!

Wait....taking this to it's silly (if logical) conclusion.....do nudists EDC???

5. ManVsLawn

ManVsLawn EDC Junkie!!!!!

I wear "baggies"/swim trunks, surfer shorts, whatever you call them, every single day, to do my line of work. They are lightweight, you don't need underwear (it gets HOT), and they wick sweat/water relatively easily.

In my case, I only carry minimal items, like sunglasses, bandana, truck key with shard, and small fixed blade... The fixed blade is always in my tall socks/top of boot, ankle region.

Sounds like you won't be wearings socks. I'd have a bag.... maybe unavoidably the fanny pack, as mentioned before.

Also, clever tricks are shown on youtube involving survival kits inside a hat. One could easily do this with a large sunhat/straw hat.

Cobra 6 Actual and kertap75 like this.
  6. keymaster

keymaster Loaded Pockets

Awesome.

How about packing tape... John Mclane style.

7. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

Works for him, Keymaster. But, I'm too hairy. Plus it will ruin your tan.

8. Sparkdave

Sparkdave Loaded Pockets

Went with the fanny pack route

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. Jack_Wood

Jack_Wood Loaded Pockets

This immediately had me thinking of how I EDC at the beach or what have you. Personally, I always switch to a small sling type gear bag that contains most of my stuff (and everything water sensitive inside their own water proof sub-loads). I think even if I this were day to day and I wasn't planning on being in the water specifically I'd do the same, though a part of me quails at not having my cell phone, keys, light or knife on my person most times.

10. Dilla

Dilla Loaded Pockets

Reminds me of the time I went to the beach and kept my Cold Steel Voyager in my swimsuit's cargo pocket. Like I could get it out and use it if attacked in the water by one of the aspiring sharks waiting to be discovered for a Jaws remake! Ahh, the wisdumb of youth. The knife held up well for a week in the surf though.

11. Tx_Mark

Tx_Mark Loaded Pockets

12. sungame

sungame Loaded Pockets

I don't. I solve this problem in a manner that is perhaps the only fashion statement that also serves a practical end: I only wear board shorts/swimming trunks when I'm actually in the water (swimming, surfing etc.). When I get out, I change into another pair of shorts, usually a pair of lightweight cargos.

Of course, I don't live anywhere near the tropics, and this approach might not work as well on Tenerife as it does in southern Norway. Still, since you state that you work around the water, not in it, I would suggest finding a pair of lightweight, quick drying cargo shorts. There are many options out there that are almost as light and airy as board shorts, have room for all your gear and dry out at least as quickly as swimming trunks if you should fall in.