1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

EDC Hot Sauce Thread!

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by EveryDayBeer, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Bob the Dog

Bob the Dog Loaded Pockets

I lik
    I like the idea of these.
    The bottle looks identical to one I have containing hand sanitizer - When it's used up, I think it may get a wash and a refill with chilli sauce. (and it won't cost me $8!)

2. Moco

Moco Loaded Pockets

i once brought a sandwich baggie to Yoshinoya and emptied the shaker with the pepper out in my bag.

3. m-forgery

m-forgery Loaded Pockets

Newbie here. I love Crazy Jerry's all of them. All of them have an excellent balance of hot and flavor.

4. Bowman1911

Bowman1911 EDC Mechanic

I keep a bottle of Blair's Salsa De La Muerta in my lunchbox. It's warm, but taste's fantastic! Kinda sour, but not too vinegar-y. I've got about 15 types of sauce at the house at any given time. A recent favorite is a homemade reaper pepper sauce. it's got 5 reapers in a pint jar & made with honey & a bunch of spices. Like an extremely hot Mole sauce.

5. dictatortot
    • In Omnia Paratus

dictatortot Loaded Pockets

That sounds really darn tasty. Sweet and heat!

Bowman1911 likes this.
  6. Bowman1911

Bowman1911 EDC Mechanic

dictatortot
    If you like Mole sauce & heat, you'd definitely dig it!

7. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

Which reminds me that I need to start collecting ingredients for my mole sauce for Christmas turkey. It takes over 30, and I sometimes have to go to several different markets to get them al.

Sent by owl post.

Bowman1911 likes this.
  8. munkynut454

munkynut454 Loaded Pockets

If anyone in the UK is reading this... There is a company called Crucials and they make a variety of sauces including burger sauce and garlic mayonnaise. They also produce an EXXtra Hot Chilli sauce and I can confirm it is pretty epic. They sell it in the 99p store so it's cheap as well. :hot::hot::hot::cry:

Nomad55 and Bowman1911 like this.
  9. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

I just got a closeout sale bottle of Kikkoman's Sriracha, Hot Chili sauce. yes it is. will try to buy more later.

10. K Williams

K Williams Empty Pockets

My EDC hot sauce are the packets of Palo Alto Firefighters XX Habanero pepper sauce.

[​IMG]

11. Iron Brew

Iron Brew Loaded Pockets

12. Banzboy

Banzboy Loaded Pockets

Tobasco Scorpion sauce.

Iron Brew likes this.
  13. DCBman

DCBman Loaded Pockets

Resurrecting a somewhat old thread here.

I'm a hot sauce fanatic, and love it just about as hot as it gets. Hottest I've ever had is Blair's, but that stuff is so hot it can't even legally be called a "sauce", it has to be called a "food additive" to make it legal. And let me tell you...that stuff is HOT!!

I note this only to give you an idea of just how hot I like certain things. The following write up is not nearly as hot as Blair's, so I'm not comparing the two.

One thing which is really tasty that I like is Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning. It's not a "sauce" really as much as it is a wet rub. It's fantastic on chicken and pork chops. It's got Scotch Bonnet peppers in it and a bunch of other spices. It has a really nice flavor, especially if you let it sit on the meat overnight before cooking. It's pretty hot, so a little goes a long way, but the other spices in addition to the peppers make it the BOMB on food. As noted, it's not really a sauce, it's more like a thick paste you rub onto the meat. It has a very coarse texture because it's all spices and no filler. It's kind of hard to find unless you go to a specialty store, but you can get it online. First time I ever tried it I got some directly from Jamaica. I was blown away at how good this stuff was. Now I keep 4-5 jars of the stuff on hand just so I never run out. Try it on some BBQ'd chicken and you'll probably never go back to chicken any other way. GREAT stuff!

This is what the jar looks like, so if you ever see it I strongly recommend picking some up. My wife can't eat hot stuff at all (green peppers are almost too hot for her), but she LOVES this stuff! It's really THAT good!

[​IMG]

Note - I now see they have some labeled as "Mild" and another version labeled as "Hot & Spicy". I'm not sure what those two distinctions mean really, so I'd just get the regular if you can find it, else opt for the "Hot & Spicy" (which I 'think' is the same as the regular, but I'm not positive.)

#233 DCBman, Jan 24, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2022