1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

EDC Headphones / Earbuds

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by .Ed, May 28, 2015.

1. assassin10000

assassin10000 Loaded Pockets

X12 (sabbat x12 and other mfg) are a bluetooth headphone that use a 'earpod/airpod' style in your ear but aren't airpod shaped. I haven't tried them, but on another forum I was told they stay in place pretty good. They shouldn't isolate like in ears do as they are more of a earbud design.

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Earphones-Sweatproof-Headphones-Cancelling/dp/B07FFRK6M7
    https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Earphone-Headphone-Wireless-Earbuds/dp/B07F72PD6Z

2. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

I carry two, the Bose QC20 and the new SoundSport wireless buds. The latter works pretty well but you need to make sure you have the right size ear tips otherwise it will start slipping during a HIIT type workout. Once I got that replaced with the larger ones, its less of an issue. Still somewhat bulky and protrudes a tad bit but that is somewhat expected from a set of Bluetooth buds. Sounds quality is pretty decent but I honestly have not compared it to any other wireless buds.

3. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

What do you think of the battery life? I was thinking of getting some myself.

4. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

The day after I got the SportsSound I took it on a quick (for me) 10 days trip to Asia. I charged the pack to full capacity before I left. I used it on the long haul flight there (maybe 4 hour max), on 3 occasions to the gym (approximately an hour each), used the right bud as a headset for calls and maybe an hour or two on the flight back. I never had to re-charge the pack during my trip and every time I took the buds out, these were at 100%.

kikaida likes this.
  5. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

Got me a pair of Sony WI-C300 wireless headphones for working out at the gym. No particular reason, other than they were cheap. But they do sound nice though, and has the bass level that I like. They've worked well for the last 3 months. I'm thinking of getting some Bose soundsports, but I'm on the fence about getting one. I'm afraid one will fall out of of one of my ears and be lost. Maybe I'll buy a cheap pair off of Amazon and see how I like the system before getting something more expensive

6. suburbDad

suburbDad Loaded Pockets

Bought nicer ones from Beats, JBL, and JLabs.. and the cheap Chinese Anker ones. I feel most liberated by using the cheap Chinese ones because I lose these things so easily. They’re so cheap!

kikaida likes this.
  7. Sigdog

Sigdog Loaded Pockets

My wife tried two sets of Bose Quietcomfort noise cancelling wireless earbuds, both the originals and then the replacements had problems after just a few months.
    I had Bose Quietcomfort 25 and gave them to her, that gave me an excuse to get the Quietcomfort 35 II. ;)

#47 Sigdog, Mar 9, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
  8. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • Sponsor - Home Craftsman
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

My favorite earbuds right now are the Bose QuietComfort Earbuds with ANC. They’re spendy and unfashionably large in looks, and call quality for my voice is reported to be mediocre. I only choose to use these for calls where I’m listening but not speaking. Also, the battery case is pretty large.

On the positive side, for me they’re super comfortable, do not fall out, have amazing battery life, and have great sound. Mrs. Magnet asked for a pair and gives me the same feedback. I love the simplicity and ease of using the controls while on the move.

9. FiaOlleDog

FiaOlleDog Loaded Pockets

I home-EDC a set of JBL Reflect Mini 2 Bluetooth in-ears. Light-weight, good sound - perfect for music, YT videos and okay'ish calls (but the microphone isn't the best quality I get told frequently).

Update: I didn't pick this device specifically, instead I got this basically for free by spending all of my frequent traveler miles.

Edit:
    For home office use I rely on a wired headset with an external mic - much better sound quality, and, as it's an on-ear model, I get audio shielded from the noise outside or in the house.

For outside-EDC a JBL Tune 110 headset rides in my pack - this works as a backup and in the (rare) case I want to listen to FM radio (smartphone dual-uses the headset as an antenna).

Last edited by FiaOlleDog, Mar 21, 2021
    #49 FiaOlleDog, Mar 11, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
  10. Wishoot

Wishoot Loaded Pockets

Interesting thread.

I'm on the phone all day for work, so I wanted something readily accessible at all times, clear microphone, long battery life, Bluetooth capable and comfortable. I've been using the Anker Soundcore Life U2 Bluetooth neckband for a couple of months now. It's working out very well. It checked all my boxes and I haven't received one complaint about voice clarity. Another bonus...it was under $40 USD.

I can't say that audiophiles will love these, but they're more than sufficient IMO.

One of these days I'll probably break down and buy a set of iPod Pros, but for now I'm all set with the Anker.

FiaOlleDog likes this.
  11. rdisom

rdisom Loaded Pockets

I EDC a few different sets. A set of AirPods for the heck of it, and I'm an Apple fanboy. Aftershokz Trekz Air for most everything (bone conduction, so ears are completely unblocked), and a set of Echo Buds for lunch time walk. I can use the noise reduction to block out traffic, or use pass-through when I need to hear ambient noise for safety. I also have a set of Beats X for yard work. I carry all of these in an organizer pouch that I swap between work or off-work bags, so they are all with me all the time. A set of Skull Candy Indy buds for my work laptop and virtual meetings stays in my work bag. If all else fails, I have a set of wired EarPods in the pouch with the wireless options.

12. godcode

godcode Loaded Pockets

Got introduced into HIFI music, DACs, IEM, 'chi-fi' during the outset Corona and have been EDC'ing my Iphone lightning earbuds (for calls)
    and a KZ ZSN Pro + cheap lightning DAC (listening to FLAC Classical music) since. Also carry an Apple USB C to 3.5mm adapter for use on my laptop to improve sounds a bit.
    Still havent got used to the use of them wireless earphones yet.

ran23 and echo victor like this.
  13. dischu

dischu Loaded Pockets

Panasonic RP-HJE125E-K
    Inexpensive (EUR 6,99) and surprisingly good sound (for me).

[​IMG]

McNasty, FiaOlleDog and twin63 like this.
  14. AUPhan
    • In Omnia Paratus

AUPhan Loaded Pockets

I'm using Samsung Buds + that I got on sale. For listening to music, which I don't do on my cell phone, they don't sound that great. I use them for hands free phone conversations, and they work well for that. If I ever started streaming music on my cell I would definitely find a better sounding alternative.

15. MCPOWoller

MCPOWoller Loaded Pockets

Last year my son gave me a wired set of Beats for Christmas. But since I've been doing so much video shooting and editing on my iPhone for work, I had them get me a set of AirPod Pro's. Love these things!

16. Marskindri

Marskindri Loaded Pockets

I agree and what do I like the most is its noise cancellation which does a superb job at blocking out more sound from the external world and it's a lot more immersive when you're listening to music, podcasts, or making calls.

17. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

Currently running some cheap wired Skullcandy ear buds for the daily stuff, and a pair Sennheiser series HD PRO headphones for when I'm home. I've accidentally destroyed a lot nice pairs over the years, so my EDC pair tends to cap out at whatever $20ish will get me.

ran23 likes this.
  18. Desertratt1322

Desertratt1322 Loaded Pockets

Skullcandy indy ANC Noice canceling earbuds. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

19. HungryMelon

HungryMelon Empty Pockets

I use my airpods pro when exercising or public. Then I'll use wired apple earphones when on the laptop in public. Haven't really felt the need for any other earphones.

20. DoorKiller

DoorKiller Empty Pockets

After trying out several other brands and I finally decided on the Jabra Elite 75t. I added a Spigen case to them.
    They have been awesome used for music / youtube in the background at work & taking hands free calls.