1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

EDC Headphones / Earbuds

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by .Ed, May 28, 2015.

1. dml24

dml24 Loaded Pockets

I have never adapted to earbuds. I recently purchased MEElectronics Air Fi Runaway BT headphones. Easily paired with my LG G3. These earphones are over the ear not the cover the ear like most sound canceling Bose earphones.

I found they reduce a great deal of background noise that in a noisy airport terminal I can hear and be heard quite well. The battery life is very good rated at 12+ hours. Charged through a provided micro USB cable. BTW any smartphone charging cable will work.

The MEElectronin Air-Fi support A2DB for wireless stereo playback. Out of 1,700+ reviews at a popular website that begins with A, more than 1,000 reviews are 5 star. More than a few compare these headphones with Klipsch Image, Bose and Beats to name a few. The Air-Fi are all plastic and some find the overall feel to be less than the more expensive brands. Few complained about the sound quality. There is an option of using a 3.5mm cable for a direct connection for older devices that are not Bluetooth enabled.

I use them for causal music listening and for audio books. I find not have to use a cable when I am a passenger on an aircraft or anothers car makes using the earphones easier than have earphones with fixed cables that get tangled or lost.

For $44.00 a very good buy!

Of course the above is my humble opinion.

AK Adventurer likes this.
  2. Elathan

Elathan Loaded Pockets

always got a pair of buds in my bag, or pocket, or round my neck. nothing to fancy or expensive as long as the sound is clear, as i tend to listen to more audio books or pod casts than music. there are my two favorites at the moment.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MCPOWoller, reppans and AK Adventurer like this.
  3. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

Used to have etymotic er5s, I think. The exact model was discontinued. They were great for the price (about $70).

I now have a pair of skullcandy something - or - other, but I don't use them. I figured they'd get me through 'till I decided what I want next, but I just stopped using ear buds instead.

I'll probably buy a pair of se215s soon. I'm kind of sick of not having them. But, I also want an iPod that isn't my phone...since my phone already needs to be charged by 2pm every day without being used for media.

4. Talisman

Talisman Empty Pockets

I've been using "Blue Ant Pump" blue tooth headphones for around 7-8 months and they have been awsome other than the rubbery part that goes into your ear will fall off easily, never lost one but have come very close several times.

5. Lellobeetle

Lellobeetle Loaded Pockets

House of Marley EM-JE001-RA Smile Jamaica Jammin' In-Ear Headphone
    [​IMG]

Bowers & Wilkins P5
    [​IMG]

6. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

Plantronics BackBeat Go

they sound reasonable (to me, I'm not an audiophile though) battery life is pretty good, and i don't have to deal with a cable running down to my phone.

call quality is pretty good too !

7. phatch

phatch Loaded Pockets

I've got some V-Moda earbuds in my EDC bag. But that's only for unplanned listening. If I know I'm going to be listening via headphones/buds, I'll pack my JVC HAS400 Carbon Nanotubes. Inexpensive but with surprisingly good sound after a short break in period. Fold up reasonalby well too.

8. Pilotsupergrip

Pilotsupergrip Loaded Pockets

House of marleys as shown few posts back were great for me but when I ended cutting the cord in half while deadlifting in the gym I bought my 4ft Koss Portapros. The clerk told me that Portapros have unlimited warranty including almost everything and that was a new thing to me after several Portapros, so I ended up with Evil Dark color or something like that. I have always been a fan on those headphones because of their great sound quality and ability to really destroy my ears at the gym when the motivation hits. They also have great bass freqs. Only thing I dont like about them is their size and that becomes an issue when trying to find the needed space in the already full compartments in my bags and in jacket pocket it bulks stupidly. I should think about buying earbuds for out of the gym use

9. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

When just walking about i use the standard samsung in-ears.... because they are cheap its no issue if i drop/break em and because they dont seal that well so i can still hear traffic and stuff around me.

When i have some proper sitting down time i grab my good ol shure SE530s. And when i dont feel like iem's (i can only wear em for so long as my ears can get irritable by anything really after some time) i grab my funky little foldable AKG K450s.

10. Bloodstriker

Bloodstriker Loaded Pockets

Sennheiser IE80 is what I usually bring with me.

11. exploreprepingworld

exploreprepingworld Loaded Pockets

Currently using the Apple Airpods. They might not be the best sound quality on the market but they are very easy and convenient to use.

12. PragmaticMurphyist

PragmaticMurphyist Loaded Pockets

Sennheiser CX 300 ii. Great passive noise isolation, great sound, no complaints.

13. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

I recently picked up a set of Aftershokz trekz air titanium.

Its a bone conduction headset, that fits around your head and sits on your temple, looks funny but are really comfortable, sound reasonable and dont move during exercise (I was doing burpees today and they didnt shift at all)
    They work great with earplugs in at work (industrial setting) and when not wearing earplugs, allow you to hear whats going on around you (like cars, cyclists, dogs etc)

the runtime is pretty good too - after an 8 hour day of listening to podcasts, they still have enough juice for a 20 min phone call and a 30 min run

14. Narcosynthesis

Narcosynthesis Loaded Pockets

The last few years I have been using a set of SoundMagic E10's - and so far they have been a superb, fairly budget priced option.

One big bit of advice though - ignore the supplied tips and instead get a set of the Comply foam tips. I find these to be far more comfortable to use, and do a great job of isolation.

ProjeKtWEREWOLF likes this.
  15. SOS24
    • +2 Supporter

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

Shure 425. I bought a pair when I was having to fly a lot for work. They have really nice sound qality and work like earplugs in that they block most outside sound.

16. ProjeKtWEREWOLF

ProjeKtWEREWOLF Loaded Pockets

I recently bought RHA MA390 ear buds. Braided cord, metal earbud components and really comfortable silicone ear tips. £20 from Amazon. I would buy again for sure.

Previously I had Sennheiser cx300, which were great sounding but poorly built. I also have Soundmagic E10 too but they are uncomfortable, no matter which ear tips are on them.

17. Jdnoss1234

Jdnoss1234 Empty Pockets

My favorite edc iems have been the FLC 8s. I love the customized sound signature.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brokenoldman likes this.
  18. Dumonde

Dumonde Loaded Pockets

interesting thread, I arrived a few weeks looking for a wireless headphones to manage with my iphone and apple watch because the airpods of appel I do not like remind me of antennas. I found these on offer for about forty dollars last week, I am happy they are loaded in the box, they listen great and are very aesthetic. but I do not feel comfortable after 1 hour of use or less and to use in the street they are dangerous because they isolate you from the outside and that is incompatible with traffic at least in my city. of this type of headphones you recommend me some alternative, I look for above all comfort. Thank you

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

19. FiaOlleDog

FiaOlleDog Loaded Pockets

Replaced the cheap ones that came with my smartphone with JBL T110 (from the grab box at our local electronics store, EUR 9.95) about a year ago. Sound is fine for talking (music on the other side ...), also the microphone gets sometimes complains from those I talk on the phone with - have to use one of my hands to keep the microphone close to my mouth.

Looking for a replacement, perfect ones would be:
    • in-ears (small, less space to store)
    • wireless (Bluetooth)
    • and optionally wired (in case BT has issues or in-ears ran out of battery, or I want to listen to FM radio on my smartphone where headset cable = antenna)
    • Micro USB for charging (= no special cable required)
    • ideally the in-ears can be used while charging them
    • good for talking (need to do a lot of phone calls, at least one day of the week)
    • okay for some music
    • noise-cancellation or at least -attenuation would be great
    • price should be less then $70 (EUR 60), but if there are perfect ones for $100 i would consider them as well

Thanks!

Last edited by FiaOlleDog, Dec 25, 2018
    #39 FiaOlleDog, Dec 25, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  20. Journo

Journo Loaded Pockets

I carry two sets of headphones with me at all times. I have a pair of Anker SoundBuds Slim, and a pair of Lindy BNx-60.

The headphone EDC has developed after years of use. The SoundBuds are my daily use, whenever I am walking or commuting, they are paird with my phone and the quality of sound is amazing and the battery life is a good 7-9 hours.

The BNx-60s are my audio editing headphones, they are bluetooth and they can take a cable too. They have the most amazing noise cancelling and the quality is probably the best I've experienced for studio/editing headphones. Battery life is great.

FiaOlleDog likes this.