1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

EDC Headphones / Ear buds

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by ItchyD, Oct 2, 2012.

1. ItchyD

ItchyD Loaded Pockets

So I wear headphones about 5 hours a day. They last me anywhere from 2 weeks to maybe 1 month. I'm looking for a durable pair or in-ear ear buds. I don't really care about sound quality as much as I do about the quality of the wire and how long it will last.

2. READYSETGO
    • In Omnia Paratus

READYSETGO Loaded Pockets

Suggest - bluetooth wireless variety - no need to worry about wires and might last longer?

wildborego likes this.
  3. Koala3

Koala3 Loaded Pockets

I've had a few pairs of decent quality bluetooth headsets for music, while convenient I found they didn't last very long.
    I've had the same pair of Skullcandy Asyms for probably about two and a half years, even have a mic and volume on the cord if your'e that option.

4. gholdener

gholdener Empty Pockets

I've had a pair of the Bose IE2 earbuds for almost two years now. The wire is very sturdy and never tangles. The sound quality is typical Bose quality. They are a bit pricy at $100 but well worth it in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

5. wheelsoffreedom76

wheelsoffreedom76 Loaded Pockets

Skull candy ink'd. Best sounding buds i've tried. (under $20)

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

Gollum24601 and wildborego like this.
  6. mole

mole EDC Junkie!!!!!

7. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

haha I was just thinking about this a few hours ago while I was at Wal-Mart! I needed a new pair to use for jogging. :)

8. Evilbunny

Evilbunny Loaded Pockets

Dude where are you? $90 for headphones is much of a deal. ( Oops! Miss read that sorry)

9. PaulThePolymath

PaulThePolymath Loaded Pockets

I should link this thread to my audiophile forum, you'd make some of us cry over there.

rule 1. stay away from skull candy
    rule 2. Dont even put a pair of "beats" on your head. please.
    rule 2. included headphones always suck
    rule 3. you get what you pay for
    rule 4. the cooler they look, the crappier they sound (most of the time)

if you're looking for durability, I cant help but suggest aiaiai capital. Made by a company that makes legitimate headphones, its their portable, weatherproof, and ultra light model.

People never believe me. "I paid $60 for these skullcandy's so they must be good! they're bassy!" then I put a pair of grados or ultrasones on their head and they lose their minds.

Sorry - both my brothers are audio engineers, hard to stay away from proper audio equipment :p

10. nuphoria

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

11. Arjosy

Arjosy Loaded Pockets

Love these and free replacement warranty. Mine took a dive into the water when I was closing my pool. They still work.

12. mole

mole EDC Junkie!!!!!

as long as we agree on the fact that there is no way of "audiophile" listening of mp3´s, no matter how expensive the headphone or the player is, i´m OK

stax, Rapt_up, nuphoria and 1 other person like this.
  13. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

I also love my ink'd because they work so well with my iPhone. I have perfect pitch and find the sound fine. As to dependable, I've never had a set of headphones or ear buds last more than 6 months, of any brand. I keep two pairs so I have a back up when I have to send for free replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. wildborego

wildborego EDC Junkie!!!!!

How much???

15. RottingxZombie

RottingxZombie Loaded Pockets

I have a pair of JVC Marshmallows and they do the trick and have lasted quite a while. I don't know how they do it but for just over 10 bucks they sound great! I would even argue that they are better than a $40 pair of SkullCandy titans I had but I think that's just because I paid for the cool looks of the titans. As far as really durable and quality headphones, well then I can't exactly help you there :p

mooshisho likes this.
  16. defjus

defjus Loaded Pockets

I'd suggest anything by Meelec. They have a few different models under $30, and many audiophiles have said that they outperform earbuds twice or three times their price. The wiring is robust and the sound is awesome. I went with the CW31s which have a wooden casing giving them a real clean sound. I purchased mine on Amazon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

17. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

if you wear them alot, you should really watch this video. i use them as regular ear plugs, not with sound, and they fit really perfect, so i can imagine how perfect they would work with in-ear headphones.

I would recomend Sennherisser CX300-II, i have owned several pairs for several years now without any problems, but my girlfriend can break them i just one day, so thats why i have to buy new ones all the time, but when only me using them, the can last for ever, so depens on how you use them...

sungame likes this.
  18. artaxerxes

artaxerxes Loaded Pockets

Not necessarily.The Nokia headphones that came with my Nokia X2-00 mobile phone have the best sound of all the earphones I have.Crisp and loud sound.Use them for other devices and always get good sound.

19. xtal

xtal Loaded Pockets

Agreed I have a couple of sets of Meelec earphones and they're great. They have fantastic customer service as well, as I had a problem with one of my sets, and they replaced it quickly and with no hassle.

20. thwippa
    • In Omnia Paratus

thwippa Loaded Pockets

Got some Ety mc5s that I'm really liking for IEMs.
    Low microphonics, and pretty sturdy materials.