1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

EDC Good Luck Charms & Talismans

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by Osage, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Osage

Osage Loaded Pockets

Bon voyage and good luck! So goes the saying to wish someone good luck on their travels. Also: Have a good trip! Have a great journey . . Good luck on your trip . . and so on.

Luck is a strange concept: It is well known that many people carry a lucky charm or talisman like a lucky horseshoe, clover, ladybird or Indalo, for example. Millions of people (possibly billions) believe in luck. The British Museum has a complete collection of lucky charms dating back centuries. Some of the most powerful people in the world believe in good luck charms: President Roosevelt carried one in his jacket. Napoleon carried a lucky coin.

Question: Do you have an EDC good luck talisman? If so feel free to share a photo.

[​IMG]

2. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Years ago -- in 1981 -- when I first moved to Asia, I used to make regular trips into HK. There was an outdoor market up on Nathan Road that was really more frequented by locals than by tourists, dedicated to jade. Not the usual tourist trinkets, but stuff locals would buy.

I'm not much of a haggler; here in the US we don't really learn that skill. But whenever I was in HK I'd try to set time aside and visit the Jade Market. Picked up stuff that I brought back to US on home leave and gave as presents. And of course kept quite a bit for myself.

One such item was a small jade carving a carp. The carp is considered a symbol of good fortune (and good eating :) ) by many in various Asian countries... me included. Anyway, for the longest time, that little carving dangled from a solid gold chain around my neck.

Its been displaced now for close to 10 years or more; I wear a MedicAlert tag instead. Which in own way has ALSO been quite fortunate for me! ;)

Haven't been to Asia now since 1999; sorta wonder how the jade market and many other places have changed. I know they have...

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

3. Six String

Six String Loaded Pockets

I don’t know about the luck factor, but I’ve been carrying this as EDC for a while.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]