1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

EDC Gloves? What do you have in your bag?

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by bringerofgame, Sep 6, 2017.

1. HeadOffice

HeadOffice Loaded Pockets

Multiple bags with similar loadout depending on whether i need a backpack or sling bag.

Leather rappelling gloves in one, nomex/leather gloves in one, hard knuckle gloves in another. Leather work gloves in my Bushcraft bag.

2. NorthernHarrier

NorthernHarrier Loaded Pockets

Blauer Squall - good quality, waterproof, good insulation, and acceptable tactile coordination.

3. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

Mechanix Original I keep in my jacket pocket, cheaper and thicker gloves I keep in the car.

4. jemhouston

jemhouston Loaded Pockets

I'm trying out a new pair of clothes Fence Mender's Kevlar Gauntlet Gloves

5. ballistic

ballistic Loaded Pockets

Mechanix in EDC backpack, Carhartt Fixers in my vehicles.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6. jcombs

jcombs Loaded Pockets

These are better and have replaced anything else I’ve owned. I’ve built miles of fence, including woven wire, barbed wire, high tensile, etc. and these gloves have held up like no other. Around $20, lightweight, flexible and easily my favorite.

[​IMG]

That Movie Guy likes this.
  7. Foulwind

Foulwind Loaded Pockets

Simple leather gloved from Costco come in a 3 pack

kikaida likes this.
  8. thegrouch314

thegrouch314 Loaded Pockets

Stanley fingerless work gloves.

They're grippy enough to hold my cane, which the mechanix ones aren't, nor are most non-work gloves. They seem to held up for around 3 years of everyday wear through winter and occasional wear the rest of the year

9. kensington

kensington Loaded Pockets

Mechanix Mpact full finger on the left hand and fingerless on the right in the winter and both fingerless in the summer, wear them all the time, driving, biking, etc.

In my bag I have a the other hand of the Mpacts I wear, Oakley similar to the Mpact and a couple pair of Home Depot brand light work gloves as well as several pair for FAK

10. Sentinel-14

Sentinel-14 Loaded Pockets

I don't carry a pair of gloves in my EDC pack: I work in an office and have little need for them often enough to justify them. I do however keep a couple pair in my truck. In my truck's tool bag I have a pair of Mechanix knock-offs, and in my Emergency bag I have a pair of pigskin work gloves, both by Hardy from Harbor Freight. They're cheap, but good enough for what I need them for. I've used the pigskins to move wood at my cabin and pick things out of the fire, and the knock-off mechanix for working on my truck when I need more dexterity than the pigskins allow.

I also keep several pair of the Hardy mechanix knock-offs around my house so that a pair are always nearby. One pair in my utility cabinet, one pair in my shop, and so on. I do have one pair of legitimate Mechanix gloves in my garage toolbox, and they're great, but the Hardys are one-fifth the price and do just as well. I also keep a box of nitrile gloves at my toolbox (and another in my utility cabinet) for work with solvents, greases, oils, etc. that I don't want to get on my hands or have soaked into my gloves.

I find pigskins are best for heavy work, like up at my cabin running the chainsaw, swinging an axe, digging holes, etc.
    I find mechanix-style gloves better for lighter-duty work, hot work (engines, exhaust, etc.) and especially work where you need more dexterity than the pigskins allow.

11. adnj

adnj Loaded Pockets

I started carrying 8 mil disposable nitrite gloves in my bag. I bought some to use while working under the car and I found myself washing and reusing them because they are so tough.

Sent from my LG-V520 using Tapatalk