1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

edc for a single father

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by Raven1418, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Jean

Jean Loaded Pockets

2. blt2drg

blt2drg Loaded Pockets

I am not a single father, but i work from home and take care of my 2 y/o daughter while my wife works a regular 9-5. I carry a 5.11 Rush 12, 24, or Moab 10 everywhere i go and also keep a cooler in the truck. I keep a small electronic toy, a barbie sized doll, and crayons in my bag for her. I've found that she loves those battery operated light sticks so i have one in the bag to keep her busy, especially on night time adventures. One thing i have learned with my daughter is once i find that she takes to a certain toy i sneak it away from her and keep it in the truck or backpack. This way its like a new toy again when we are out and she doesn't get bored with it so quickly.

Quixotica likes this.
  3. bpa

bpa Loaded Pockets

I think she's a bit young. A whistle will be a toy for her, and there could be many false alarms.

A friend of mine was in lazing in bed one weekend with his wife and two-year old daughter. They let her play with their cell phone, and she happily punched buttons until the police showed up in response to her innocent 911 call. They gave her a toy phone after that...:eek:

Strayz likes this.
  4. Strayz

Strayz Loaded Pockets

Sister in Law gave our daughter a Phone that had the sim card removed. Battery freshly charged, and Police on the doorstep.

Many people do not know that all cellphones if they have a charge can dial 911.

Evilbunny likes this.
  5. computermike

computermike Loaded Pockets

We always carried Tylenol and\or Advil as well as some allergy medicine of some sort. A change of clothes if you have room.

6. TweezersAndAToothpick

TweezersAndAToothpick Loaded Pockets

Wet Ones single use wipes! I have a 3 year old and I've been carrying them since she was 1. We always have baby wipes but sometimes your kid picks something up off the ground of what not and you are not anywhere near a sink, using these on their hands will help a lot in those situations especially if your kid is a thumb sucker like mine!

[​IMG]

7. Norse Scots
    • In Omnia Paratus

Norse Scots Loaded Pockets

When my son was little i had a suburban with a box of supplies lol
    Plus his normal bag with tons of stuff
    He was a urper lol. Every time he ate atleast 3x's that came up
    Not sure how he ever gained any weight lol
    Had lots of clothes. Burp towles. Diapers and whipes
    Some plastic giant keys he loved lol
    He was pretty easy to maintain Just yacked alot
    Also had shirts for me and his mom in the truck cause
    We were the ones to get the urpin upon lol

8. Blitzwing
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzwing Loaded Pockets

Been there still doing the single dad thing, I carried..

Clorox wipes (no bleach) for carts, tables, changing stations
    Baby wipes for the baby
    Hand sanitizer for me

Diapers, changing pad, extra set of clothes, zip lock dump bag for the dirty ones (clothes or diapers)
    Bibs, couple of binkys, various toys, crayons, etc.

Snacks, drinks (couple in bag for the quick fix) keep extra in vehicle

I added to my normal fak.. Baby Tylenol and delsym

I'd suggest a few movies on an ipod or smartphone for distraction.. My daughter loves veggietales... There are converters for a pc to convert it to phone formats

9. Raven1418

Raven1418 Loaded Pockets

So here is what I carry in my back pack which always goes with me. I leave it in the car sometimes it gets heavy.
    Water bottle , sippie cup with straw , diapers about 6 - 9 , wet wipes in the small plastic case and some in a Ziploc for my cargo pockets , 3 blankets. Beanie , mittens ,jacket, hand warmers. Change of clothes in a Ziploc so dirty clothes can be exchanged , Clorox wipe , hand sanitizer , chap stick , spoon , bib , table toppers. Snacks ... I think that's it. Its a lot so I usually leave it in the car and take what I need.

10. Pilgrimm

Pilgrimm Loaded Pockets

Instead of going with what you want, go with what you need. Im a single father yet my youngn is 6 1/2. She naturally carries things with her anywhere and everywhere simply because I do. She may have a pink purse, yet its filled with keys, flashlights, pens, pencils, paper, a multitool( cheap Stanley one ), some change, and god knows what else.

For a 15 month old, just go with what they need, the necessities. Diapers or training pants, wipes, pacifiers if need be, snacks, extra change of clothes is a must, bandaids, small toys to keep them occupied and some formula/juice/water. Oh and burp pads, can never have enough of em.

Youll learn what you need and can do without as time goes on, yet start with the basics. When you need something you dont have, add it into the mix. If you dont use something thats carried daily, swap it for something more useful or just do without.

11. Pilgrimm

Pilgrimm Loaded Pockets

Rub a dub dubble post.

SAKplumber likes this.