1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

EDC earbuds

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by SuzukiGS750EZ, Jul 10, 2020.

1. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Loaded Pockets

Are there any unique ear buds that will hold up well to EDC? I carry a large inkosi in my RF pocket of cargo shorts. In the RF thigh pocket I carry a victorinox minichamp. In my LF lower pocket outside is my cell phone. Inside the LF lower pocket is my ridge wallet. Nothing usually in LF pocket which is probably where they'd reside. I don't like putting things in my back pockets. I just bought a Samsung Galaxy S20 ultra so if it doesn't fit in my LF lower outside pocket it may go in the upper LF.

2. Max.

Max. Loaded Pockets

I’ve had good luck with Anker earbuds. I actually ran one pair of them through the washer and dryer twice, and they still work. I recently bought a second pair: Anker Soundcore. They’re great.

3. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Maybe I'm way off, but I'd think the better ear buds have some sort of case; no idea how bulky said cases are but I'd think they would help. Of course depends on how much pocket space you've got but with cargo shorts....?

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

4. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

No you're right.... among other things, said case provides a supplementary charging source for the earbuds, acting as a force multiplier.

ATB,
    Sam

Moshe ben David likes this.
  5. HeadOffice

HeadOffice Loaded Pockets

I use the Zolo Liberty earbuds - their case also charges them. Great sound and made by Anker (the battery people). I also use it to answer and make calls, ask the Google Assistant to do things for me and I can block out surrounding noise (or let it in). Siri friendly too (I'm told)...

6. assassin10000

assassin10000 Loaded Pockets

Wired, wireless (w/cable between sides) or TWS (true wireless stereo)?

If you want to hear your surroundings choose an earbud. If instead you want isolation (like earplugs you want an IEM instead.

[​IMG]

None of these are going to last by themselves in a pocket, use a carry case. If not included with your earbud or IEM they can be found for $1 and up.

[​IMG]

I haven't tried any of the wired BT earphones, so can't give much feedback here.

You do have the option of using a bluetooth cable or neckband with the above mentioned IEM or earbuds. If they have a compatible connector.

If you are looking for a TWS bluetooth set, that is different. Many, many choices. The most have a charging case (storage case with an onboard battery). Of which, many are pocketable.

The vast majority of these are IEM's.

Want an overwhelming amount of info? This is a 1500+ page forum thread on them:
    https://www.head-fi.org/threads/going-fully-wireless-iems-too-soon-or-are-we-there-yet.861024/

I've personally had several different TWS.
    Mavin Air-XR
    Samsung Buds+
    Sony WF-1000XM3
    Anker/Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro
    Sabbat E12 Ultra
    Tronsmart Spunky Beat
    Sabbat X12 Pro
    QCY QS1/T1C

Of all those, I've only kept 2.

The Mavin Air-XR's which have an absolutely tiny case and last about 5.5-6.5 hours for me before needing to be charged. Best sound (for me) of the TWS I've tried.

[​IMG]

And the Sabbat X12 Pro, which is one of the very few earbud TWS out there. They have ok sound but for me the fact that they don't isolate was the major reason for keeping them. The apple airpods are the same way but cost about 4x as much.

[​IMG]

A quick case size comparison:
    [​IMG]
    Top: Anker Liberty 2 Pro & Sony WF-1000XM3
    Bottom: Mavin Air-XR & Sabbat X12 Pro

[​IMG]

I did not find the Anker and Sony cases easy to pocket carry. Yes they fit but for me took up too much real estate. The Mavin and Sabbat cases fit the 5th/coin pocket of my jeans.

severdhed and Moshe ben David like this.