1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

EDC DSLR Camera Bag

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by K2-Kevin, Aug 19, 2014.

1. K2-Kevin

K2-Kevin Loaded Pockets

I've gone through a few sling bags looking for an EDC Camera bag, Maxpedition Mongo and Jumbo Versapack (both great bags).

While shopping a local Surplus store I ran across this RapDom Sling pack. The price was right ($40 - New), fits my Ape Case padded insert perfectly (Nikon DSLR w/200mm lens, and room for extras), and has a lot of options for EDC accessories. The bag is very similar to the Jumbo Versapack but made with a lighter denier fabric, it's not the quality of a Maxpedition, but its also half the price. Im always shopping for replacements...

T310 Tactical Sling Bag by Rapdom Tactical

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by K2-Kevin, Aug 19, 2014
    vinniec5 and RiskMgr like this.
  2. RiskMgr

RiskMgr Loaded Pockets

I recently ditched conventional camera bags, in favor of the more-tactical-type gear with the molle webbing. I'm using a 511 Rush 24 as my primary camera/adventure bag. Really enjoying the modularity aspects of being able to better-adapt my gear to the particular event at-hand. Not to mention the added durability.

vinniec5 likes this.
  3. hal_chase
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

hal_chase EDC Junkie!!!!!

MaxP Colossus is fine for DSLR, my 40D/Wangle drops in him nice with plenty of other pockets spare for other tat. Can even attached a tripod to the MOLLE if I need it.

vinniec5 likes this.
  4. godcode

godcode Loaded Pockets

looks nice. I find the outer pockets of that bag interesting. my camera bag setup before was also like yours, a versipack with an additionl padded pouch inside. hope you can share a picture of that bag here: h++ps://www.flickr.com/groups/tacticoolphotographer/

PaTom, vinniec5 and RiskMgr like this.
  5. dowtech

dowtech Loaded Pockets

I also like the Colossus for my Canon DSLR. It stows vertically on the left side of the large compartment with my standard 18-55mm zoom lens attached. My 55-250mm zoom sits next to it on the right. In the zippered compartment below, my Zoom H4n digital recorder fits perfectly in its plastic box, while the foam wind screen for its mics rests below the camera lens to keep flush with the top of the compartment. The fact that the compartment zips open facing me is a huge plus for easy access. I have a length of 2" webbing with Maxped's brand of side release buckles that I run around the Colossus from bottom to top. The smooth buckles make a handy grip when I don't have the bag slung. I can also remove the strap and clip in my Janus for a small waist pack.

K2-Kevin, hal_chase and vinniec5 like this.
  6. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

vinniec5 likes this.
  7. Dr Jekell
    • Administrator
    • In Omnia Paratus

Dr Jekell I had fun once, It was awful.
    Staff Member

Have a look at Clik Elite, they make some nice Camera/EDC capable bags.

8. godcode

godcode Loaded Pockets

yeah, saw the clik elite first hand. i especially like their chest rig and the sport backpack. colors are limited though.

9. K2-Kevin

K2-Kevin Loaded Pockets

Like many of you, we are always on the lookout for the "perfect bag". Im not sure such a thing exists, but I am getting closer...

I broke down and purchased the Maxpedition Colossus last week (not long after my original post). I needed a bit more space to fit my 300mm lens, and leaving for a trip in the next month, the need for more room without carrying multiple bags is required.

The Colossus is a great bag, actually blows away the RAPDOM in so many ways, but mainly the construction Maxpedition is known for, it's clearly noticeable. Packed my DSLR in main storage, along with all camera related items in the top/lid. I used to have these items all scattered in random pockets, now they are all stored in the main compartment area.

This bag has tons of storage front, top and back. My only gripes would be the lack of a grab handle (I added one with Paracord) and no pockets on the sides. Sure you can add accessory pouches (shown in photo), but would have been nice to have some slim pockets on both sides of the bag.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by K2-Kevin, Aug 25, 2014