1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

EDC Camera?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by hafpit, Jun 27, 2011.

1. brotherlen

brotherlen Loaded Pockets

I just picked one of these up as well. Truly a great camera, not as imposing or heavy as a DSLR.

2. s0uls

s0uls Loaded Pockets

canon s95 in a waterproof otterbox case

3. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

I have a superb set of pots and pans that make great meals.;D :laugh::crackup:

Kiddin' aside, I'm preparing to purchase the Panny/Leica 20mm, f1.7 pancake lens for my GH2. This fast prime should give me a combination of increased low-light capability and a lower camera and lens footprint.

4. DYatesPhoto

DYatesPhoto Loaded Pockets

My D90 Goes with me wherever I go!

5. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

The camera on my phone is somehow screwed up; the images aren't readable on any other device or computer (format incompatibility whatever that means), but as the phone's due for replacement soon, it's not a major isue, to be honest.

Instead, I now carry a standby camera, a Fuji FinePix A150. I've no need for a USB cable, and as it runs on a pair of AA batteries which would get drained even more during any camera-to-PC hook-up, all I do is whip out the SD card, stick it in the slot on my netbook (another fairly regular EDC item for me these days), and presto, photos transferred. They're also a :censored: sight better quality that the phone camera ever was too, at 10mp on the camera, versus 3.15 on the phone.

The camera has since been made obselete by Fuji, with the A170 being, I believe, the current iteration of the family, but the A150 is still a :censored: good 'point and shoot' digital camera, and well worth the £70-odd quid I paid for it what, five or so years ago;D

6. Max Archer

Max Archer Loaded Pockets

Fujifilm's just announced X10 looks to be probably the best truly EDC-able camera of all time!

http://fujifilm-x.com/x10/en/index.html

Much larger sensor than a normal compact (this means improved image quality, especially in low light), a 28-112 f/2-2.8 lens, full metal construction with proper manual controls, an all-glass viewfinder that's actually designed to be used, and super cool-looking to top it all off.

If it comes out at the projected $600, I'm all over one.

7. ScarletPimpernel

ScarletPimpernel Loaded Pockets

Very nice indeed! I looked at the X100, but at twice the price of the Canon G12 I didn't buy, though I have a nagging regret that I didn't cough the extra...

8. pinksalmon

pinksalmon Loaded Pockets

Great edc camera. I'm looking at picking one up. otterbox case sounds great

9. Max Archer

A friend of mine has an X100, and as super-cool as it is, I don't know if it's worth spending $1300 on. There's definitely $1300 worth of quality and technology in there, but it's pretty limited in what it can do.

The X10 isn't going to have the awesome performance of the X100, but it seems like a much more versatile camera, and it's a lot easier to justify the difference between the G12 and the X10.

10. Burncycle

Burncycle Loaded Pockets

Here's what I'd like to see:

A camera the same form factor as the 6th Generation ipod nano, with a decent 5mp or 8mp cell phone camera built in (with 720p video minimum). LED flash. Touch focus (like most modern smart phones). Take a microSD card and has a rechargeable battery.

It does not provide any significant advantage over any modern smartphone.... except that not everyone carries a smartphone, and this would provide that capability in a much smaller package for EDC. Hell I DO have a smartphone and I'd still carry one of these. Then I could take nice pictures and not use up my phone's battery lol

11. Anonymous Romanian

Anonymous Romanian Loaded Pockets

I agree with you. Had seen a crappy camera that is on the right track but has poor image quality: DV G200.
    [​IMG]

12. apache119

apache119 Loaded Pockets

I've been eying a new camera from Sony called the TX55. It's supposed to be the world's thinnest point and shoot so far, and it's over 16 megapixels.

[​IMG]

13. bigfoot

bigfoot Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the heads up! Had no idea this was even out there... looks like a great camera!

14. DYatesPhoto

15. DYatesPhoto

16. ATF

ATF Loaded Pockets

No camera, just an iPhone. I would like to get a Rebel though.

17. 91kcolg

91kcolg Loaded Pockets

Pentax Optio W20 with spare battery. Never know when as they say a kodak moment will present itself. It is also in my pocket when i'm kayaking.

18. Max Archer

Here's my current EDC camera!

[​IMG]
    DSC_2595 by MaxArcher, on Flickr

Check out Nikon's D3100 and D5100 while you're at it, they're really nice cameras as well. Nikon and Canon have their own ways of doing things, and you might like one more than the other. Oh yeah, Sony's A33 is kinda cool, too.

19. DYatesPhoto

Nicce I used to have two EMs, I still have an F3 and an original F!

20. Ghost_Recon1968

Ghost_Recon1968 Loaded Pockets

Nikon D50 shooter here! I have chucked the thing around during a half marathon one time & the other runners thought I was nuts! But, I got some really beautiful shots within the pack! The D50 has been rained & snowed upon, baked to 35c & frozen to -20c... still truckin' along. A D7000 is on the radar once I find some extra cash!!