1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

EDC belt....?

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by Damon, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Damon

Damon Loaded Pockets

Okay, I have been looking for a better belt to wear daily. I like the cobra buckle styles, but are they really worth the money? I really just need something that is stiff enough to get tight and hold my concealed carry and my pants/shorts.

Also, while on this topic, has anyone ever seen a belt with a velcro area on or very near the buckle so you could put your on patch on it somewhere? I have searched and searched for anything close and couldn't come up with anything at all. Maybe I should invent it?

2. echo victor

echo victor Previously "YankeeHotelFoxtrot"

Damon,

on the advice of a friend I purchased and just received an Aegis Enhanced belt from AresGear.com.. It isn't cheap - ran me ~ $130. But it it is very stiff and I've worn it everyday since. It's not conspicuous; I got the black belt with the bead-blasted SS buckle. I got it because I carry a horizontal holster at my left hip to hold my iPhone 7+ and a small horizontal TAD pouch at my right hip which holds my small Sebenza and a Leatherman. The belt doesn't give or tilt at all. The belt is designed for LEO and it can handle a holster, handcuffs, pepper spray and whatever else police hang off their belts without sagging.

It's worth it.

Nothing on the velcro, though. I haven't owned but am aware of rigger belts which are cinched using velcro, but nothing re a velcro field for a patch.

Best of luck - let us know what you decide.

YHF

Shawn_SAT and tdb like this.
  3. Chris_1001

Chris_1001 Loaded Pockets

I tried a bunch of belts. Cobra and other types.

Most all the time I wear a cheapish "5.11® Men's Tactical Double Duty TDU® Belt – 1.5'' wide" its decent enough for most days (and double sided). But for shooting I use the Ares Aegis Enhanced belt as mentioned above. Great, SUPER stiff and easy to adjust. And pretty inconspicuous. I also have a ranger belt from them. But honesty, I'd only use it for a 3-Gun or USPSA as I would wear it OVER another belt and use keepers.

Aegis enhanced for the win!

4. Motorcopm4

Motorcopm4 Empty Pockets

Kind of funny. I have a double stitch crossbreed belt. Alien gear metal reinforced double stitch and several belts for work with cobra buckles.
    But when I leave the house for EDC I grab the cheap TDU everyday

5. Fragarach

Fragarach Loaded Pockets

5.11 tdu 1.5".... been wearing it for ages. Holds my edc...
    And will support my quiver on one hip and bow on the other while walking between targets for weekend practice shoots.
    No metal so no airport security xray shuffle holding pants up and in an emergency you can use it to lash items to your roof racks.
    You could easily have some velcro stitched on to add a patch.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

RoadWizard likes this.
  6. Chris_1001

Chris_1001 Loaded Pockets

Like most things EDC/Tactical... its an evolution, only sage advice is to learn from others and from trying out stuff until you get it right. Hence my box of old stuff... and the existence of b/s/t on the various forums!

Now I’m more of a buy once cry once type of guy. Lol

CIVSD likes this.
  7. SOS24

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

I have been using a Volund Gearworks Atlas belt for a couple years and love it. I have the G-hook version, but they also make them with cobra buckles. A supportive belt does make a difference in the comfort level of carrying a gun or other weight on the belt.

8. Sheepdog149

Sheepdog149 Loaded Pockets

As stated:[​IMG]

#8 Sheepdog149, Oct 1, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  9. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

Are we talking about any ratcheting belts like those by Kore? I'm intrigued by those mostly since I seem to currently be between holes on all my belts.

10. leaky5

leaky5 Loaded Pockets

I have just bought one of these in black to play about with. I obviously don't expect the buckle to be anywhere near the quility of a genuine cobra one. I have some 38mm light olive webbing and am going to try an turn it into a double side belt with small velcro pockets, just big enough to carry a few £ notes.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INSERT-BUCKLE-WAIST-BELT-ADJUSTABLE-MILITARY-COMBAT-HUNTING-CAMPING-TRAIN-STRICT/132353525790?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=431681509747&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Last edited by leaky5, Nov 6, 2017
    #10 leaky5, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  11. kensington

kensington Loaded Pockets

12. thegrouch314

thegrouch314 Loaded Pockets

I've been looking at the 5.11 TDU. What's the sizing like on it? Some people are saying to go up a size and others are saying you don't need to

13. Aegis22

Aegis22 Empty Pockets

I wear a La police gear rigger style belt every day to work. It carries my duty holster/pistol/light, spare mag, cuffs, and light comfortably. It is as good as other 5.11 and Ares belts I have used at half the price.
    I shoot almost daily and I have no complaints about the belt. It's stiff enough but at 1.5 inches still fits my jeans for off duty iwb carry.

14. dRo0G

dRo0G Loaded Pockets

You could get a belt with velcro area from guertel-extreme from Germany. They are custom made and not that expensive (payd 50€ for mine without any addons). BUT I also have several china made from AliExpress with a Cobra buckle and they are cheap (15$) and have very good quality. One Model I have has also velcro all around;)
    PM me if you need links but i‘m not online here everyday...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

15. charlie fox

charlie fox Loaded Pockets

DeSantis Ecobelt- heavy duty, thick, durable and about $25 on Amazon.

16. Sheepdog149

Sheepdog149 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

captainamerica and HVACn00b like this.
  17. nylaw

nylaw Loaded Pockets

I have Aries, Voland, Cobras etc etc. I now have 4 Kore's 2 of the gunbelt version. I was skeptical but love them. Never going back to a regular belt.

ArkansasFan30 likes this.
  18. wheelsoffreedom76

wheelsoffreedom76 Loaded Pockets

I've been wearing the Gunner belt from Hanks Clothing for seven years now and it looks like the day I took it out of the package. I tried other belts in the past and destroyed them, but this belt is incredible for the money.

ArkansasFan30 likes this.
  19. Mrbushhog

Mrbushhog Loaded Pockets

Spec-ops brand belt for me and my two boys

20. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

I just looked at the stitched gunner belt and think I'll buy one tonight.