1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

EDC bags and BOB bags any bags

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by ssmtbracer, Oct 23, 2009.

?

How many of you carry a bag all time or have one in car or house.

1. Carry with you at all times

57 vote(s)
    33.9%
  2. keep in car

25 vote(s)
    14.9%
  3. keep in house

10 vote(s)
    6.0%
  4. keep in office

5 vote(s)
    3.0%
  5. have two one in car one in house

22 vote(s)
    13.1%
  6. No bags at all

4 vote(s)
    2.4%
  7. Have multi bags everywhere

45 vote(s)
    26.8%
  1. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

I have a backpack that I EDC. I voted for the "carry with you at all times" although I don't really carry it all the time. Actually, I don't carry it even nearly all the time... I don't carry it at home and neither do I carry it at work, I leave it in my locker. But when I walk out the door, I usually have it with me, except when I'm just taking out the trash or going for a walk with the dog or some such. So "all the time", yeah right... If it amounts to an hour or so each day, perhaps a bit less, let's call it 3-4% of the time. So the literal-minded among us might say that I hardly carry it at all. But it's still my EDC pack, I do carry it every day, just not all day.

2. buckshot

buckshot Loaded Pockets

Ok thank god so many of you answered that you have multiple bags everywhere, I was worried that I would be in the minority.

I have an EDC Bag, a 5.11 Rush 24 which soon will go into a rotation with my latest two purchases, a Mongo and a Larkspur.

I have a Get Home Bag stashed at work if ****, I also have a bag and lots of other kit in the truck that stays there on a regular basis.

And of course I have a BOB Bag and gear at home if I am forced out, but I would much rather bug in if things start to go bad.

3. lonewolfranger

lonewolfranger Loaded Pockets

I use a large Stormtracker Unikit because I commute an hour everyday. I have a SpecOps T.H.E. pack I use in the winter months to pack cold weather gear for just in case.

4. dcaptd

dcaptd Loaded Pockets

premier duty\gear bag pack as combo work, GHB. Stays with me at work and in vehicle when off has PSK and FAK and spares , goodies. Vehicle has big FAK , food, water loads and High Searria fold out pack to strip gear from vehicle.

5. AndyW

AndyW Loaded Pockets

The bag tends to live in the car. I can then chose whether to carry it out and about or not. If I don't carry then I know it's not too far away.

6. iomatic

iomatic Loaded Pockets

Eh, I sometimes bring one, sometimes not, so the poll can't apply to my circumstances. (Seriously, how many people who are not LEO or SAR have a shortage of water and need to survive for three days in the woods constantly in first-world countries? How bad can it be? I don't think there's going to be a zumbeh invasion or war outbreak. pshaw! If I lived in parts of the Middle East or parts of Africa, though…)

7. skyydiver

skyydiver Empty Pockets

My tank bag for my bike serves as my EDC / car / bike bag, and we have BOBs at the house.

8. Cyprian

Cyprian Loaded Pockets

I'm between bags. :(

9. straightpuke

straightpuke Loaded Pockets

I keep a BOB in my car and I carry a backpack to school. I don't really carry a bag when I'm out and about.

10. p99fan

p99fan Empty Pockets

Multi bags: Car, home, edc/handgun, edc/laptop, edc/minimal, hiking backpack

11. revs
    • In Omnia Paratus

revs Loaded Pockets

I voted I keep it in the car. But, it isn't really in my car. I carry it to work and keep it in the work truck. I am never far from the truck. I have saddlebags on my motorcycle. Also a set of tank bags I can throw on if I am going to be riding very far. When I get my Jeep running and licensed, I will have a BOB in the back. Still need to put one in the wife's 4runner.

12. thefifth

thefifth Loaded Pockets

I have bags everywhere the only time I have one on me at all times is hiking or camping

13. broberts001

broberts001 Loaded Pockets

Car(s), office and home, plus my carry items.

-Bryan

14. seawolf69

seawolf69 Empty Pockets

Only carry a bag for work to the office. Otherwise, no bag for me...just too troublesome to have something else to "worry" about.

15. oldsarge

oldsarge Loaded Pockets

I have a couple of bags for everyday use. I also keep a Maxped Jumbo in a "clean state" (never carry a gun or ammo in bag, never take it to the range etc.) for airline travel.

16. Rev. Chuck

Rev. Chuck Loaded Pockets

I have a Maxpedition MPB as a BOB at the house.
    Mongo with me at all times.
    A SpecOps 3 day assault in the car

17. Polygeist

Polygeist Loaded Pockets

No bags for me. I am in college, so I do carry a backpack with me on campus. So, technically, I carry a bag often, but it's not an EDC bag.

I'm with seawolf, I wouldn't want to have to carry a bag with me everywhere for my EDC. It seems too cumbersome.

18. concho

concho Loaded Pockets

Multiple bags for different occasions.