1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

EDC bag that can also be used for traveling.

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Menteerio, Mar 23, 2015.

1. EXCALIBUR

EXCALIBUR Loaded Pockets

Great! I have a Rush 12 and the Rush 24 is on my wish list. Please keep posting on you new bag. I like to see how members individualize their bags to meet their needs.

[​IMG]

2. Menteerio

Menteerio Loaded Pockets

Will do. I am in the navy and needed a pack to carry my gear on deployments. This pack seems to be big enough to hold my EDC items and still have room for a couple changes of clothes. I love the top two pockets for a notepad and my wallet. So far the only thing I wish it had was an open external pocket to put my phone in where I can get to it fast, but there are plenty molle phone holders out there I'm sure I can find something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EXCALIBUR likes this.
  3. EXCALIBUR

EXCALIBUR Loaded Pockets

Depending on the size of your cell phone, you might try storing it in the fleece lined zippered pocket on the top of your Rush 24.

4. Menteerio

Menteerio Loaded Pockets

Yea, it fits but i want to be able to get to it without taking the pack off. I use the fleece pouch for it now. I lost my sunglasses over the side of the ship so until I replace them, that pocket is used for my phone. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EXCALIBUR likes this.
  5. mn_five_oh

mn_five_oh Empty Pockets

I'm in a similar boat. My family and I are going on a vacation in a couple of months to Florida for a week. I'm looking for something I can take on the airplane and use day to day to carry some of the crap that family needs on vacation. (I've taken that job the last couple of vacations so my wife doesn't have to carry a huge mom purse).

I already have an old school medium ruck with the frame that I acquired while I was in the Army so I really don't need a huge bag for camping or longer trips. I'm leaning toward the Condor II because it looks like it'll handle what I need it for.

6. Menteerio

Menteerio Loaded Pockets

My personal experience with my new rush 24 has been amazing. Build quality, Carrying capacity, and organization has been more than I need for my family of four. From day hikes to camping trips it has carried everything my kids and wife need. The shoulder pads are stiff at first and I was a little concerned about the comfort aspect after a few hours, but after a couple days it has "broken in" I guess and now I don't even notice its there. The molle webbing has proven to be invaluable to attatch sweaters, bags, tools and anything else that I need quick access to. I added some shock cord to the bottom and front for additional functionality. I wholeheartedly recommend this bag to everyone who has our needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and the power of Magic.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

AlgoOPC, rr1071, Nighted and 2 others like this.
  7. TacticoolMike

TacticoolMike Loaded Pockets

The MR ASAP pack is pretty sweet. Not entirely sure if it would fit a 15" laptop or not. Comes in Black. awesome little pack. If you were open to other colors, the HPG Tarahumara is an awesome, comfortable pack as well.

8. EXCALIBUR

EXCALIBUR Loaded Pockets

That third photo is a great beach shot of your Rush 24. It looks quite at home there.

9. Menteerio

Menteerio Loaded Pockets

Thanks! The purple life vest clipped to it keeps me safe :)

bigfoot likes this.
  10. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

11. wrath0r
    • In Omnia Paratus

wrath0r EDC Junkie!!!

Check out the Osprey Escapist. It's a versatile bag that has a huge main pocket with a built-in zip-up partition, so you can have two separate pockets. Great for, say, gym clothes or shoes or whatever in the smaller pocket. Personally, I'd have been happier with a bit more organization and an actual hydration pouch (I use a stuff sack), but nothing is perfect.