1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

EDC bag style-of-choice

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by darth_guy101, Dec 10, 2011.

?

General purpose EDC bag preference???

1. Backpack- 2 straps

78 vote(s)
    38.2%
  2. Backpack- 1 strap (slingbag?)

44 vote(s)
    21.6%
  3. Messenger bag

67 vote(s)
    32.8%
  4. Briefcase

5 vote(s)
    2.5%
  5. Other (specify)

10 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. darth_guy101

darth_guy101 Loaded Pockets

My curiosity is boundless, I want to know MORE! What bag style do you prefer for general purpose EDC?

-Backpack- two straps
    -Backpack- single strap (sling bag?)
    -Messenger bag
    -Briefcase
    -Other (specify)

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I prefer a two strap backpack b/c I carry a laptop and school stuff.

2. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

Two strap backpack 95% of the time. Simply, I think it is more comfortable.

3. Prætorian ®

Prætorian ® Loaded Pockets

+1. Indeed it is.

4. ltbarber

ltbarber Loaded Pockets

Backpacks for me. More ergonomic,more useful,and practical for me. Straps tuck under pack in airplane or car. Just looks right to me. Offers a couple options for carrying or wearing,depending on the scenario.....

5. caemgen

caemgen Loaded Pockets

messenger bag 90% of the time and backpack-2straps 10% of the time.

6. SSol

SSol Loaded Pockets

gear slingers for me. i like the quick on and off and for my use its with me from the house to the truck and then into work so the use of two straps is no big deal.

also if i'm using my smaller remora then i can hold it on my lap while driving and have access to my firearm instead of trying to access it from my waistband while sitting. oh and do i have a mod coming up that i think you guys might be interested in.

the loop field is on the wrong side of the bag for me so i followed the advice and ordered some from the supply captain, i'm having it sewn into the bag (in the back with the snaps where you can store straps) and i've ordered a OHAI holster to go into it.

i hope it works better than the flimsy little cloth holsters that most people use. i'll let ya'll know.

7. LoneArcher

LoneArcher Loaded Pockets

Messenger bag for me, most of the time at least. I tend to carry it from the house to the car, from the car into work, and back again. If I were going to go with a backpack it would be a two strap. I currently don't have a suitable backpack for EDC, but I'm thinking I might need a 5.11 Rush 24 in the near future. First though, I'll have to come up with the funds and convince my wife that I really do need one...:laugh:

SSol: I'm looking forward to seeing that mod when you're done with it.

8. SSol

SSol Loaded Pockets

i'll make sure i post the pics. hoping to have everything here by next week. the loop field at least. i don't know how long it'll take crossbreed to get the ohai to me. i just ordered that last week too. but the sewing should be done next week like i said and i'll post the pics of the maxped holster being on the right side of the bag for us right handed shooters.

pretty pumped up about it. i can't imagine how maxped could mess up a little detail like that.

9. J4C3

J4C3 Guest

Messenger bags just arent for me,winter time longer trips its backpack,summer light trips its a gearslinger

10. PinoyBoy

PinoyBoy Loaded Pockets

/ten char.

Last edited by PinoyBoy, Feb 11, 2014
  11. tso

tso Loaded Pockets

Been toying around with convertible bags lately.

First a Kensington saddleback pro that is mainly a briefcase/messenger, but that has a couple of hideaway shoulderstraps.

More recently a Helsport Ondus Flip (hello Norway), a backpack where one of the straps can be lengthened so that the whole thing can be carried like a briefcase/messenger by rotating it 90 degrees to one side.

12. Cobra4246
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cobra4246 Loaded Pockets

Backpack had a Sling bag did not like it at all

13. phaserrifle

phaserrifle Loaded Pockets

I use a messenger bag most of the time, since the quantities of kit I'm carrying don't really justify a backpack or sling bag, and I like the ability to access it without needing to take it off.
    for bigger jobs, I either use a breifcase (for laptop and paperwork) or a backpack, depending on what I'm carrying. I'm thinking of moving to backpack only when I need more stuff than standard though, since it's a lot more comfortable.

14. Omning

Omning Loaded Pockets

Switched from messenger to backpack. More comfortable IMO.

I do really enjoy my wife's sling pack though..

15. critterfixer
    • In Omnia Paratus

critterfixer Loaded Pockets

I have been carrying a Maxped Larkspur messenger bag for the past year or so and am pretty satisfied. I also carry mostly from home to car to work. It is easier to access from it's position in the passenger seat in my opinion than a backpack. And it has a certain Jack Bauer/Indiana Jones cool-factor that I like. For extended carrying, a backpack would be more comfortable without a doubt.

I have a single strap, sling-bag backpack for my camera gear. I find it to be awkward with all the slinging it over your head and then having to cinch up the strap, especially when wearing a cap on my head. And if it has much weight on board, it really gets hard on the supporting shoulder more so than when I used a messenger style camera bag. Not a big fan.

16. gflack

gflack Loaded Pockets

I mainly use a messenger bag when going to work. Over the years, I switched from a messenger to a 2 strap backpack for my other needs, specifically when carrying my laptop and all the accessories. I have not ever used a slingbag but am looking to get one as I like the look and ergonomics of the bags.

17. Haubitz

Haubitz Loaded Pockets

I voted for the messenger although I use a 2-strap backpack to work. But when I’m not at work I like the easy access of the messenger-type bags. I also think they look better than backpacks.

I have a Maxped. Sitka but I don’t like it much. It’s so :censored: uncomfortable.

18. will m
    • In Omnia Paratus

will m Loaded Pockets

i prefer a messenger bag. easier access and i don't bump into people turning around in crowded places.

19. Bloke

Bloke Loaded Pockets

I used normal 2 strap back packs for years.

Having to take the whole backpack off to get to contents got to me in the end and I started using messenger/satchel bags

Much easier for getting to contents, but a :censored: for using on a motorcycle coz of the way they flap around in the wind.

A few months ago I discovered sling style backpacks here on EDC and have since purchased a Maxped Lunada and Sitka.

Because of the combination of sling style which gives the quick and easy access of a messenger bag, and addition of a stabilizing strap which stops the wind flap, they have become my perfect EDC bags.

P.s. I could have, and nearly did, purchase (waste massive amounts of money) on a Brooks Barbican shoulder bag http://www.brooksengland.com/catalogue-and-shop/bags/Cycle+Bags+&+Accoutrements/BARBICAN+Shoulder+Bag which has a stabilizing strap.
    But for over $400 Aussie for a canvas bag..well they can .. umm.. Insert them rectally! ;D

20. MosesM

MosesM Loaded Pockets

I've been using a Sitka daily for the past 5 months now, but am thinking of switching to a briefcase/courier since it looks more professional, considering I work in an office environment. Plus, the Sitka doesn't really go well with a suit :cool: