1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

EDC bag for CCW

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by High Altitude, Oct 11, 2009.

1. High Altitude

High Altitude Loaded Pockets

Hi guys,

I am looking for an EDC bag that can carry a full sized pistol yet have relatively quick access to it.

Right now I am looking at the Maxpedition Sitka. The gear slinger style suits me and I like that the pockets are designed for access when the bag is slung to the front of your body. I also like that the bag has a dedicated spot for a nalgene type bottle.

Are there any other bags, not made by maxpedition, that you think I should be looking at that would work?

thanks

2. CaptCarrot

CaptCarrot Loaded Pockets

3. High Altitude

High Altitude Loaded Pockets

I am not too keen on shoulder type bags because they are not as stable but I don't have extensive experience with them so who knows. Maybe something like a basic versipack would work.

thanks for the link I will check it out.

4. Bag Boy

Bag Boy Loaded Pockets

I have a Maxpedition Sitka. While I don't USUALLY use it for ccw, when I do a 5" pistol with three extra magazines fit nicely into the CCW compartment. The "slinging" ability moves the bag very nicely to the front of your body for semi quick access. I say semi quick because it will never be as fast as a holster. Anyway, check them out if you like.

5. dairycreek

dairycreek Empty Pockets

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/catalog/0412bk_990_general.jpg

Ihave been using this Jumbo Versipack for about three years as an EDC with my concealed weapon. The CCW pouch will accomodate large or small pistols with easy access. It will also hold a lot of other gear as well. It has worked wonderfully well for me and I recommend it without reservation.

6. tennvol

tennvol Empty Pockets

Eagle LE Courier bag. I have one in gray I will sell for a good price. It was slightly too small, but a great bag otherwise.

7. surefire7

surefire7 Loaded Pockets

I've been using the Maxpedition Fatboy Versipack, not the jumbo but regular for ccw platform now X2years. I use a leather/velcro holster from another fanny-type pack attached to the velcro inside and it works very well. It has gotten a lot of comments as a cool purse from co-workers. They'd never guess its contents!. I also carry a Surefire Exec. flashlight and a Benchmade minigriptillian along with the other stuff women put in purses. love it!! :roof: