1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

EDC Backpack offer for Forum members

Discussion in 'Alpha One Niner (bags & gear)' started by HELM, May 23, 2014.

1. Sinus

Sinus Loaded Pockets

Thank you for the additional pictures, since I stumbled over this backpack an hour ago I was looking for some shots, especially since it looked quite fat in the video provided by helm.
    But it looks nice and flat in your photo, quite perfect since I'm not schlepping around that much stuff every day and want to keep a flat profile to the backpack.

I can understand this part well.
    And I would like to give you credit for designing a thoughtful backpack without any military or tacticool look.
    I've looked for the combination of a plain colored backpack with velcro pads and a 'civilian' look (read no molle strings) in the past, but the selection on the market is narrow.

I like the small details like the hidden compartment and the flashlight-sized slot in the organiser.
    I also like the small mesh pockets on both sides, the backpack I use since years got the same and I use them from time to time for quick access items.
    Compared to the SERT penumbra the overall look is more clean and low profile because of these mesh pockets, plus you don't have to mess around with zippers on these side pockets.

SAKplumber and T.H.Cone like this.
  2. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

1,033.6 miles strapped on the roof.... through the Columbia gorge, eastern Washington badlands (100 degrees), Washington wild fires, Canada, and Idaho Pan handle.

[​IMG][/url]mumbo sert pack by mumbojumboo, on Flickr

These aren't no sissy airport miles. I am impressed with how much this pack can hold. I'll get a load out pic later. Base Camp out.

Lou_G, Nick4305, Lynx and 2 others like this.
  3. Dapple

Dapple Loaded Pockets

Looks like a really nice bag. Makes me wish buying one that size was in the cards for me right now.

*stares lingeringly at pics*

Quantum and SAKplumber like this.
  4. snowkiwi
    • In Omnia Paratus

snowkiwi EDC Junkiwi

There appears to be a 2nd thread on the SERT EDC bag. I wasn't sure which thread is the current thread so i've posted this twice
    @HELM

Thats looking like a good pack.

Out of interest
    I see the PENUMBRA goes for about 139 USD and EDC on special here at 95 USD
    what is the difference between your EDC and PENUMBRA packs.

5. HELM
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

HELM Loaded Pockets

Guys, apologies for the absence. Just got back into CONUS.

Mumbojumboo thanks for the above pix bro.Love to hear about your trip.

snowkiwi the two packs are dimensional the same and they have the same base design. The Forum EDC pack was put together as a special offer for the forum members. It has the hidden zippered pocket and the side mesh pockets. The Penumbra does not have that hidden pocket but it has the side TSA pods. It also has the two wide strips of Velcro loops on the inside back wall of the main compartment - this is meant for a future accessory option I'm working on that is a removable PALS webbing platform to hold operational gear.

Bottom line, they are essentially the same pack but the forum version is a limited offer based on a quantity that Jon and I have agreed to. The idea is to make these available at an attractive price that will help sell and raise some funds for the the store and forum.

Helm

6. snowkiwi
    • In Omnia Paratus

snowkiwi EDC Junkiwi

Thanks for the comparison info Helm. I currently (past 8 yrs) abuse an old day pack with a rear stuff-it compression section ( I love having this expandable option) from Katmandu (kiwi-aussie major outdoor brand). But its only about 400D canvas
    So Im looking for a tougher canvas construction day pack.
    I think your bag's large inside main pocket would have a similar size to mine expanded.

ran23 likes this.
  7. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

Another 800+ miles. Mount St.Helens. The boys were bummed that it didn't erupt and we didn't even get a blurry picture of Sasquatch. When I go off the grid .....I bring the grid with me.....Someone has to be base camp. The pack can hold a ton of stuff. It seems way bigger than 30 liter.

I sent a son to go grab a knife for me and he came back and just sat there... I asked him what was wrong. He said, "too many pockets." We laughed for a long time on that one.

[​IMG][/url]mumbo SERT pack3 by mumbojumboo, on Flickr

SAKplumber, Lynx, Lou_G and 1 other person like this.
  8. Raze

Raze Loaded Pockets

Pulled the trigger on a Navy pack! Can't wait to use it for my travels.

thePlumbah likes this.
  9. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Nice! Thanks for your support too.

T.H.Cone and Raze like this.
  10. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Man I really like this pack. I don't where backpacks often, but when I do...it a SERT made for the Forum ;)

[​IMG]

survivorman and Raze like this.
  11. Raze

Raze Loaded Pockets

Amen, brother. Posted this on the EDC pack pic thread, but I thought I'd post this here too.

This pack is really comfy and fits my torso well. The straps does not dig into my pits.

And that color..sweet! Best pack I own so far. I will use it as my daypack for my travel overseas in a couple of weeks.

[​IMG]

survivorman, Lynx and thePlumbah like this.