1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

EDC admin organiser with belt clip?

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by Brewer, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Brewer

Brewer Loaded Pockets

Belt-attached pouches are all very well, but they can be awkward to work out of (like, in a vehicle) and sometimes they are just plain in the way.

I'm liking belt clips a lot lately, and I'm looking for an organiser that has one. Something that's big enough to take 2 pairs of spectacles, pen, notebook, some bandaids, AAA flashlight, small SAK,

I guess the ideal solution would open from the top to allow access while on the belt, but it's not essential - I'm happy to unclip it to get into it.

Any suggestions?

FiaOlleDog and That Movie Guy like this.
  2. flux

flux Loaded Pockets

I would probably just get some kydex or some other plastic, attach a strong clip to it and then thread some MOLLE straps through it. This way you are not limited to a pouch with clip but can use almost all that are available and pick the one that works best for you.

I bought one of the cheapest I found on amazon and that one works for me. I have no clip on it, but I could attach it to my belt with the straps, too.

3. Brewer

Brewer Loaded Pockets

AAARGH :censored:?! I just posted a whole response to this thread, then when I made an edit it showed up as a duplicate post, so I deleted the duplicate and now the whole lot has gone?!

#3 Brewer, Feb 22, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  4. Brewer

Brewer Loaded Pockets

Long story short:

Adaptors can be a pain as they add floppiness (difficult to keep the rig tight, especially if adapting a vertical belt loop to a vertical belt clip). But maybe worth doing.

5. FiaOlleDog

FiaOlleDog Loaded Pockets

Thanks for opening this thread - I was about to create one on the same subject.

I do have two smaller 5 inch (13cm) x 3 inch (8cm) belt pouches that can be attached to a belt with loops.

Very seldom do i use them on my belt because unbuckling the belt in public, attaching the pouch and adjusting my trousers, well, gets some unwanted looks. The same for detaching. I can drive with the belt pouch attached when shifting it - but it remains uncomfortable and conflicts with the seat belt. So attaching/detaching would be a common thing.

I can store it in cargo pants leg pockets - but I can't to wear those attire very often, unfortunately.

So I find myself to carry the pouch in my hand for short distances or in my jacket (only during colder month) - both is not ideal, as either gets in the way and/or adds bulkiness to my torso mid section (that already doesn't look slim :cool: ).

What I'm looking for is a similar sized belt pouch (horizontal or vertical doesn't matter that much) that can be quickly attached and detached from the belt - maybe with a metal clip on the back of the pouch. Any hint is highly appreciated!

In case it helps: the belt pouch contains some EDC essentials like chap stick, chewing gum, bandaids, URIEL bandage, 3"x3" gauze pad, mini trauma shears, micro USB charger cable, salt + pepper + toothpick, matches, pain killers, duct tape, spare AAA battery, desinfect & smell-good & bu** wipes (single serving) - everything that is needed often but not always.

#5 FiaOlleDog, Jun 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  6. Jim Hughes

Jim Hughes Loaded Pockets

2" Velcro Loop/Strap on Pouch . Flip it over belt mash it together and UR done. Might have to do some Hand Sewing. Get one with 2" wide Belt loop. Cut belt loop and attach velcro to open section.

FiaOlleDog likes this.
  7. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

I have a Custom Leather Craft (CLC) phone pouch that I purchased from ACE hardware. It is a little bulky, but has a belt clip and has a main compartment for multitool or phone, a pair of pen slots, and a smaller compartment that'll take knives or mini multitools. The one thing I hate about it is the main compartment flap is secured with Velcro, which means getting to most of your items is noisy. In addition to the belt clip, it does have pass throughs on the back for belts in both vertical and horizontal configurations. The vertical pass through can be used as a sheath for blunted scissors. It also has a clip for keys and a loop on the side that is meant for a 2xAA minimag. The loop works well with a 1xAAA light clipped into it, though that's not as secure as dropping a minimag into the loop. I've kind of grown out of liking it due to bulkiness and noise on opening it, but I still use it occasionally as a holster for a digital recorder. It won't take a notepad as it's only as wide as a multi-tool or flip phone, but it'll take everything else mentioned in the OP.

FiaOlleDog likes this.
  8. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

This seems to be exactly the idea behind the SKINTH line and others like them to me.
    I have several Skinth and mine each have a clip and not loops except for the first one that I got before I realized that I am committed to easily removable clips instead!

There are also the mass produced versions sold at the big box hardware stores and the like and a lot of custom options in between.

One problem for these though for the O.P. seems to me the need to keep his Glasses in there too?
    No good can come of this unless a Hard Sided pouch is used and that will also make the pouch a lot bigger I would imagine just for the sake of protecting the Glasses.

FiaOlleDog and AlgoOPC like this.