1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Economical Folder Comparison

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Guarddog, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Coolio

Coolio Loaded Pockets

+1 :iagree:

I got my Native 4 on clearance for $30. Greta deal for a S30V blade.

Too bad you are not considering the Spyderco Tenacious. I think it is a very high-value knife. Excellent quality and features for $30-35. I got mine for $30. It is liner lock though solid. G-10 scales, phosphor bronze bushings, tip up/down/left/right, I love the blade shape, it has excellent fit and finish and decent steel (8Cr13MoV ~ AUS8). Highly recommended!

2. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

I don't know. :shrug: I just handled one briefly at a gun show and put it down after I felt the poor balance.

3. mercurial

mercurial Empty Pockets

I only had a sample of one, but I was not impressed with the Pika, the quality was nothing like my other Benchmades. But nothing wrong with the lockup. I think the Cara Cara is too big, but the Meadowlark is a nice size, and the black plainedge is discontinued at twenty bucks. That said, the Delica is the iconic Spyderco (with the Endura) and my second favorite, after the Lum Chinese folder.

That said, how about a Kershaw Leek in a frame lock?

mercurial

4. Rawls

Rawls Loaded Pockets

+1

This is one of the best values out there. Not just in knives, but in anything I can think of right now. It was like when they had $10 blue jeans at Old Navy or the Irwin Quik Clamps at 2 12" for $20 at Ace. It is a GOOD deal.

5. Antig

Antig Loaded Pockets

lol! I'm considering getting the tenacious myself. it's either that, a meadowlark, or a waved delica

6. Sharpdogs

Sharpdogs Uber Prepared

I am pretty much a lockback and framelock type of knifeknut, but I made an exception with the Tenacious. This knife is very well, comfortable hold/use, scary sharp flat grind and a very solid liner lock. If I had to go with a lockback I would go with the Kabar Dozier or Spyderco Byrd series. There is enough choice between the two brands to find a model you would like.

Here a nice review on the latest Native model from Spyderco. It is out of the price range, but a good read.

Native

7. Guarddog
    • In Omnia Paratus

Guarddog EDC Junkie !!!!!

O0 Ok folks ... I finally pulled the trigger on the Benchmade Pika II. It has been my daily toter for about two weeks now and I am lovin it! It's the best thing since the Model 830 AFCK. This one seems to be an upgraded model from the one on the nutnfancy review on youtube.