1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

eCigs anyone?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by Sodacose, Oct 24, 2012.

1. kapolani

kapolani Loaded Pockets

Just bought my first Vamo:

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1411/10004394/1380305

Also bought a Kangertech Protank from them.

Got some ejuice from vape4life banana cinnamon and a coffee one.

I think the protank comes with two coils already. Good to know that you can by spares. I like to buy a bunch of something at once and stock up.

I can see this hobby becoming addicting. At least my wife is happy that I'm not stinking up the house anymore.

2. Scottyzedinosaur

Scottyzedinosaur Loaded Pockets

Let us know how that vapes! That's exactly what I was thinking of getting next. I have an ego-t, and it's just not cutting it anymore.

3. Stonerman33
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stonerman33 Loaded Pockets

I use vapor kings for bulk cartos. If you buy 10 packs at a time, they give you a decent discount.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

4. derfyled

derfyled Loaded Pockets

Great setup! Congrats for the move, your lungs will appreciate...

Now, you need to do something, put your Vamo in RMS mode, aka ''NO2''. By default, the Vamo comes in AVG mode (NO1). I can't give you technical details about it but I know RMS is a more precise way to calculate the wattage/voltage.

Just push any of the small buttons for 10 seconds until you read NO2.

The next step is to change it in Watts mode instead of voltage. The wattage mode is much easier than voltage since the Vamo will calculate everything for you, based of battery amperage and the Ohms of your atty (the coil AKA as the atomizer...). You don't need to worry about either coil (the protank come with a 2,4 oMhs or 1,8), the vamo will auto-detect it and change the setup by itself.... Smart...

To set it in wattage mode, hold both small buttons for 5-6 seconds, you will then see a little ''w'' instead of a ''v''. Now, set the wattage anywhere between 4,5 to 9 Watts based on your taste.

Now, enjoy !

5. kapolani

kapolani Loaded Pockets

Thanks, man!

For some reason (may have read it somewhere) I seem to believe that V3 does away with AVG mode. I believe that RMS is the default now. I haven't read much into it, but have read that RMS is the way to go.

This I didn't know!

Can't wait until it gets in. Quit smoking over a month ago, but still have the urge. Haven't run out and bought any analogs so still doing well.

6. derfyled

derfyled Loaded Pockets

Oh, then you should maybe avoid e-juice with nicotine. Your body is now free of that drug, you will immediately be hooked again if you start vaping with nicotine... my 2 cents...

7. strokes762

strokes762 Loaded Pockets

Nope, I smoked for 5 years and without nicotine in ejuice in my ecig I just want to go back to regular cigarettes. I haven't had a regular cigarette in 5 months, the longest I've gone ever.

8. derfyled

derfyled Loaded Pockets

Have you been through at least a week without nicotine ? The OP is now a month without smoking, that's why I suggested the nicotine free e-juice.

In your case, nicotine in e-juice is WAY better than cigarettes. Keep it that way !:)

9. mu®t13

mu®t13 Loaded Pockets

just got my hands on a Diablo Hybrid mod, yesterday :)

jralabate likes this.
  10. derfyled

derfyled Loaded Pockets

Nice! Never seen this one, seems very well built. Give us feedback please!

11. strokes762

strokes762 Loaded Pockets

I'll go 2-3 days without my ecig every week, and I'm on the lowest level at 6mg.

12. mu®t13

mu®t13 Loaded Pockets

Right!
    I actually love this thing, it's a piece of piddle to set up, (stainless mesh and wire, first time for me)
    the magnet switch takes a bit getting used to, very tough, quite awkward to work out single handedly, but after an hour you'll get it, and it's supposed to sort itself out after a little while. (I just greased everything)
    It's very well built, hopefully get a few years out of it.
    The batteries (18350) seem to last all day, although there is a tube extension for 18650's ( and that is supposed to be the "daily" battery.....)
    I am fairly happy puffing on this, after being a 20+ a day, fairly heavy smoker, for nearly 30 years....no cigs since I have got it working.....so now 40+ cigs free :)

13. mu®t13

mu®t13 Loaded Pockets

I'll post a pic up soon, just went through a big house move, and trying to get everything settled.

14. Scottyzedinosaur

E cigs are lifesavers for sure...everyone (including me) that has made the switch hasn't gone back. I broke down today and drove an hour to Alabama to a dedicated e cig shop...very pleased:) Bought a Kanger ProTank, which is what I wanted, and rather than a Vamo I just got a Kanger EVOD battery. It's doing great so far, the ProTank really brings out the flavor of the juice better than my cartomizers and definitely is miles above the Ego Clearomizers I've been using. [​IMG]

sandman-23, derfyled and mu®t13 like this.
  15. derfyled

derfyled Loaded Pockets

Good tank choice! If ever you feel the protank a bit too airy, you can block one of the small holes in the thread with a wood toothpick. You just need to break a small part of it in the hole.

16. Scottyzedinosaur

Thanks for the info! I actually like an airy vape, but if I ever change my mind I'll definitely do that. :)

17. riot

riot Loaded Pockets

Wow, I thought my Volcano Inferno was pretty nice, but some of these are on a whole new level! I might have to upgrade my hardware! I've been smoke free for almost two years thanks to ecigs.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk 4 Beta

18. KAMM
    • In Omnia Paratus

KAMM Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

I have another system that'll be here tomorrow. :)

Gollum24601 and mu®t13 like this.
  19. derfyled

derfyled Loaded Pockets

Nice. It's definitely yours with that purple tip... :)

Gollum24601 and KAMM like this.
  20. xbanker
    • Administrator

xbanker Geriatric Admin
    Staff Member

Preferred optimum PG/VG ratio?

I've tried 70/30 and 50/50 mixes, with straightforward set-up using both the Kanger T-2 and the ProTank, with eGo-C Twist (variable).