1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

eCigs anyone?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by Sodacose, Oct 24, 2012.

1. rob13

rob13 Empty Pockets

I was a heavy smoker until Apr 3 of this year. At least a pack a day, often 2+. I had tried to kick using ecigs to help, but with leaky tanks, weak pen-style batteries, and tasteless juice/vapor, it never stuck.

I found a Haus brand setup in a Walgreens in April and some tasty juice at a local vape shop (vanilla/caramel w/3mg of nicotine), and haven't looked back. 4 months, no cigs, still haunting all the same dives & hanging out with all the same smokers. Only other change I made was to cut WAY back on the drinking.

Last month, I picked this lil guy up (50w Nugget w/Cleito tank). I figure with the limited battery life, I can start to ween myself off this habit, too. So far, so good.
    [​IMG]

2. deusexaethera

deusexaethera Loaded Pockets

God I want a cigarette. Haven't had one in years. I swear I was born addicted to nicotine. Entirely possible, actually, since my mom smoked while pregnant.

3. Highbinder

Highbinder Loaded Pockets

Guys, what kind of wire do I need for my Kangertech RBA? I'd like to keep it around the 1 ohm mark, 0.8-1.2. From my initial research it seems Kanthal wire around 26-30 gauge should do it?

4. OlliL

OlliL Loaded Pockets

Went from all the big mods, I acquired within the last year to this little device.
    Plenty good and cheap to replace. Eleaf - iCare
    [​IMG]

5. rob13

rob13 Empty Pockets

What's the battery life like?

6. smokingfish

smokingfish Loaded Pockets

Got a new vape.
    I really like this one, it is quite smaller than my last one.
    [​IMG]

7. jcr

jcr Loaded Pockets

yep kanthal. heres a useful little coil wrapping guide...
    http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp?awg=28&id=3

8. nice65

nice65 Loaded Pockets

Currently running a Tesla Stealth. Though with a SMOK Baby Beast on it, it's not very stealthy. Tank in pic is a SMOK Micro.

[​IMG]

Other box I use a lot is the Asmodus Mini 120w. Really like that one.

And look at all the stuff you get with a Micro tank!

[​IMG]

madjoe86 and derfyled like this.
  9. 313

313 Uber Prepared

I had no idea what to look for, so I just grabbed the first decent looking starter kit that I found. So far so good, no cravings for cigarrettes for the few days since started vaping.

[​IMG]

kikaida likes this.
  10. madjoe86

madjoe86 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Alien 220 watt TC, running the baby beast tank. I love the mod. The tank not so much.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge.

11. TJ S.

TJ S. Loaded Pockets

The Alien kit is not bad at all, but yeah - the baby beast is a little lacking. I'm running the full size TFV8 and loving it - its the tank that brought me back from rebuilds

madjoe86 likes this.
  12. ccwaters

ccwaters Loaded Pockets

Someone who does not use, or has no interest in could probably say the same thing for nearly everything posted on the forum

kikaida, TJ S. and madjoe86 like this.
  13. madjoe86

madjoe86 Loaded Pockets

I'm running the TFV8 Cloud beast on my Reuleaux 2/3 in triple 18650 mode at 135 watts. Probably some of the best flavor I've experienced in a while. Only con is it guzzles the juice.

kikaida and TJ S. like this.
  14. TJ S.

TJ S. Loaded Pockets

Thats pretty funny - I'm running mine on a Reuleaux 200s around 90w, my wife runs a 2/3 at 120 with 2 batteries. As it is, I still change batteries at least once a day. 30ml a day juice habit...

madjoe86 likes this.
  15. madjoe86

madjoe86 Loaded Pockets

It's better than the alternative (cigs)

16. TJ S.

TJ S. Loaded Pockets

Absolutely - 2 packs a day for 20+ years up until I started vaping. Feel better now than I did 15 years ago.

I work in a shop, so there are definitely some fringe benefits ;)

madjoe86 likes this.
  17. madjoe86

madjoe86 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Carrying the little Smok R150 TC, running the OBS Engine. Nice smooth top air flow and plenty of flavor.

18. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

I'm about to get into vaping so I can quit smoking for good. Been a 3/4 pack smoker for almost 30 years. The problem is that I enjoy smoking, so I'm hoping that vaping will replace the behavior gradually. I've quit several times, only to gain 30-40 pound afterwards, and then returning to smoking when under extreme stress. I'm sick and tired of the cigarette smell and ash in the car, as driving is one of my triggers, and it's hard for me not to smoke while driving. So I'd like to get into vaping to replace the behavior.

I've ordered a Kangertech Dripbox off of the bay, which should be arriving any day now and a 50ml bottle of Tobacco Menthol from the ejuice factory to start out with. Any suggestions for a beginner like me?

19. nice65

nice65 Loaded Pockets

Just see how you go. I find one of the most crucial things when craving a smoke is to get a couple of blasts in on the vape asap.

If you're anything like me, you'll probably explore the mod boxes and tanks available and gather a few more. For instance, a Nautilus Mini tank and some higher nicotine juice is quite handy in company as you may not want huge clouds but you do want a puff on something.

The Kanger has had some publicity for auto firing, so be aware of that. I also tend to avoid tobacco and menthol flavours because of triggering the urge for a cigarette.

kikaida likes this.
  20. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the info. Yes, I went ahead and ordered a Smok Alien 220w kit, so I have at least another one besides this Kangertech dripbox. I've found that protected 18650 batteries won't fit in this dripbox, but luckily, I have two unprotected panasonics, I just have to take a little precautions with the Kanger. When I'm not using it, I'll loosen up the screw contact so that it cant auto fire. Then when I want to vape, I'll tighten up the screw a little bit. I'm getting used to vaping little by little, and can vape most of the time without coughing now.

Day 3 now, and craving a cigarette, so I'm taking more hits on the dripbox to compensate. I see now that I should have ordered the 18mg nicotine instead of the 12mg nicotine ejuice to start out with. At this rate, my 50ml bottle will be out in a few days.