1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

eCigs anyone?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by Sodacose, Oct 24, 2012.

1. SwagmundFreud

SwagmundFreud Empty Pockets

thanks for the suggestions, guys!

2. kapolani

kapolani Loaded Pockets

I used to smoke.

I quit about 3 weeks ago. Cold turkey.

It was a weird addiction. The only time I smoked was when I was using the bathroom. That's it. I smoked about 2 cigs a day.

It's weird, but I miss those two cigs.

Been thinking of getting into ecigs just for the hell of it. Not sure if I want to, but it is tempting.

Didn't know all this stuff was out there.

3. PinoyBoy

PinoyBoy Loaded Pockets

Here's a good beginner starter set. If I were to do it again, I would have gone this route and skipped the cig-a-like crap and ego batteries. DO NOT FALL INTO THE SCAM OF OVER MARKED PRODUCTS THAT VENDORS BUY DIRECTLY FROM CHINA!!

I have bought from all the sites I have listed, and I will buy from them again. The sites I've listed are well known and respected, check ECF if you have doubts buying from these sites.

Charger: i2 http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10001638/1119500-nitecore-i2-lithium-li-ion-ni-mh-ni-cd-smart-batte
    Batteries: One of the best batteries on the market http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10001980/1141101-panasonic-cgr18650ch-rechargeable-2250mah-37v-1865
    Mod: Get a mech mod. One can be found for $50 or less. Sigelei, Natural, Telescope, alot to chose from.
    Atomizer: I'm a dripper, it's fun and cheap. http://www.sun-vapers.com/buy/cheapie-dripper-rda/
    Wire: I prefer 30g over 32g http://www.temcoindustrialpower.com/products/Resistance_Wire/RW0107.html
    Wick: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Peaches-Creme-4.70g-Yarn-Ecru/21668263
    Juice: Your choice. My favorite is dekang red bull http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10004171/1310912-dekang-e-cigarette-e-liquid

Here's a good set that has mostly everything: http://www.fasttech.com/products/1411/10004394/1359402

4. mu®t13

mu®t13 Loaded Pockets

right, trying to get off the ciggies, joined a forum and managed to win a smok zmax,(yay!) now, I was recomended I get a Vapeonly Cartomize, and the threads seems too small to fit into the zmax, as in it just falls off without any bite whatsoever.

anyone else have a similar problem?

Totally new to this and don't want to mess around with cig look-a-likes.
    so, basically need someone with a zmax, to offer me some sort of advice.

I thanky you in advance.

5. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

there are quite a few model zmax mods, a few manual and a few electronic..as far as a 'Vapeonly Cartomize' never heard of that one.
    zmax vattery mods have 510 connections, there the most common these days. if your want to use a carto or atty with another connection there are adapters for that.

understand a battery mod is always suggested for advanced vapors, because one has to match the mod with the feeding system to be able to work properly and at its best.
    if you can tell us the model and or version zmax I can help you better with a feeding system. its all about volts or watts matched to a resistance (ohms)

and that's just the beginning sorta

6. mu®t13

mu®t13 Loaded Pockets

7. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

ok I know that model quite well because I had that version. basically you can use just about any juicer feeding system. you can do low resistance to high and match it with your zmax my raising or lowering the voltage. personal I enjoy lower voltage and low resistance cartos, but I many enjoy standard to high resistance because its gives a stronger throat hit and more smoke. even I use 3.7 volts and 1.7 to 2.0 ohm cartos I get I milder hit but I still get amazing smoke vape.

it takes experimenting to find what works for you. I've been vapng for a year and just fully found my holy grails. vivi novas are cheap and easy to maintain and the are a good starting point. I suggest medium or standard ohms to start. I think the vivi's have several different ohm coils to choose from. 2.8 ohms should work well and give you many voltage options to vape at...

mu®t13 likes this.
  8. valhalla

valhalla Loaded Pockets

I've been using a Vivi 2mil with a standard Igor type battery and haven't had a cigarette in seven weeks. I head to the smoking area on break at work on break with everyone else and am surprised at how much I don't want a smoke. I'm enjoying vaping tremendously as is my wife. We plan on venturing deeper into it. She has one more week smoke free than I do. We stopped together and are happy for it.

mu®t13 and nicktodorov like this.
  9. mu®t13

mu®t13 Loaded Pockets

10. MedusaOblongata

MedusaOblongata Loaded Pockets

I got two of the Vivi Nova Minis (2ml) and both started leaking at the base attachment point (not cracked plastic). Do you know if this is a common problem, or if there is a similar, yet more reliable, tank?

11. derfyled

derfyled Loaded Pockets

It often happens with some vivi knockoff. Have a look at the Kanger Protank. They are bottom coil so the vape is colder than top coil clearomizer (like Vivi). Mine never leaked.

MedusaOblongata likes this.
  12. UrbanWarrior

UrbanWarrior Loaded Pockets

I finally saw someone using one of these. He thought he was so cool walking unto an elevator just puffing away. I thought it looked funny just like the commercials.

13. MedusaOblongata

MedusaOblongata Loaded Pockets

Thanks. I looked it up and ordered a Kanger EVOD instead because it's a better fit for my KGO batteries.

14. zipthehuh

zipthehuh Loaded Pockets

You'll find a delivery system
    That works for you. I drip to try new flavors but I have switched back to carto tanks for the most part. It's become another hobby for me. I have 3 provari's an evic and a jazz carto pipe. (Not pictured).
    [​IMG]

Sent using Tapatalk

jralabate likes this.
  15. Scottyzedinosaur

Scottyzedinosaur Loaded Pockets

Man! I want a Provari SO bad. I'm stuck with an Ego battery, and the life isn't too great. I'm making car payments right now, so no Provari until that's done. Really nice devices.

16. derfyled

derfyled Loaded Pockets

Provari would also be on the top of my ''want'' list. Instead, I use a Vamo and it has been excellent so far...

17. kapolani

kapolani Loaded Pockets

Is the Provari a good unit to get?

Robust and durable?

I rather buy once and cry once.

18. Stonerman33
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stonerman33 Loaded Pockets

I bought a vamo a couple months ago and it is acting up/not working.

I bought a provari a few years ago and I brought it back out and its never missed a beat.

Variable wattage devices have their merits, provari is only variable voltage, but the provari is a solid piece of equipment. Dropped it on the concrete floor today and shattered the kanger protank on top, didn't even mar the finish on the provari. (Just to add... The vamo was never dropped. Didn't even have it long enough to beat it up.)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

19. kapolani

kapolani Loaded Pockets

Is there a site that will explain how to put that all together and use?

Trying to figure out how the wire, wick, and juice are used.

If I bought the pre-made kit that you linked what else would I have to get to make the kit complete?

Interesting stuff!

20. derfyled

derfyled Loaded Pockets

It's a jungle ! A good start would be ECF, it's the biggest forum for e-cig. A good advice I can give, don't buy cheap stuff for beginning, go right away with good stuff. This way, you won't constantly need to upgrade. If money is not a problem, buy a Provari. If you're not so rich, go for a Vamo. For the tank, as I posted earlier, have a look at a Kanger Protank. I went through 4 different tank systems untill I finally ''seen the light'' with a protank. You then have a good complete kit. You just need some e-juice, some batteries and a charger and some spare coil that last about 1 month.